Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Pfft! You can't handle a night with us.
    After a long evening's drinking, a sort-of-friend of mine used to pour double whiskies into our glasses while we were in the Gents, to get us staggering home and into fights. Shorts are incompatible with civilised drinking, and that is a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by iolo View Post
      Shorts are incompatible with civilised drinking, and that is a fact.
      Um, no.

Comment

After a long evening's drinking, a sort-of-friend of mine used to pour double whiskies into our glasses while we were in the Gents, to get us staggering home and into fights. Shorts are incompatible with civilised drinking, and that is a fact.
        Ahhhhhh , a lager lout huh . lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
          Ahhhhhh , a lager lout huh . lol
          I drink real ale.

Comment

I drink real ale.
            Cool , but this thread is about ,favourite whiskies ??

Comment

He's a bit of a mong.

Comment

Which kill off people young and cut down the demand for decent drink.

Comment

B/S im 64 and still drinking ,,all in moderation is the answer .

Comment

Definitely certifiable now...

Comment

• I'll add Glen Deveron 20 to the list. Aged exclusively in sherry casks, it's a smooth, sweet dram.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskie...old-1l-whisky/
                      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Shek View Post
                        I'll add Glen Deveron 20 to the list. Aged exclusively in sherry casks, it's a smooth, sweet dram.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskie...old-1l-whisky/
                        A bit pricey Col sir , but im glad to see it says 20 years old and not aged 20 years ,lol . Its not a dram I have heard of but will keep a look out for it .While on the subject of Scotch ,,without googling does anyone know the national animal of Scotland , England is the lion Wales the dragon , the answer will not be the one you expect , hey yella / doc , its not haggis haha

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                          Definitely certifiable now...
                          Seems the WAB has stamped his certification then , I thought he would have been chewed a tad longer , the silly boy . We all can make mistakes but his arrogance killed him .

Comment

A bit pricey Col sir , but im glad to see it says 20 years old and not aged 20 years ,lol . Its not a dram I have heard of but will keep a look out for it .While on the subject of Scotch ,,without googling does anyone know the national animal of Scotland , England is the lion Wales the dragon , the answer will not be the one you expect , hey yella / doc , its not haggis haha
                            My wife took a cruise to Bermuda with her mother, and as a reward for having all four girls for the week, I was rewarded with a fine libation (and to my pleasant surprise, a full liter vs. 750mL).
                            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Shek View Post
                              My wife took a cruise to Bermuda with her mother, and as a reward for having all four girls for the week, I was rewarded with a fine libation (and to my pleasant surprise, a full liter vs. 750mL).
                              Obviously, you chose your spouse wisely!!!
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Uh, I believe that would be the unicorn, tankie sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X