• Damn!!!

I miss the like button!!!!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      Suntory Yamazaki Single Malt Japanese Whisky

$49.99 at Costco.

Easily the best new (for me at least) whiskey I've tasted this year.
      Isn't that the current #1 single malt?
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
        Isn't that the current #1 single malt?
        Their sherry casked distiller's edition earned the top mark.
        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

• I'll offer up Ben Riach as a distiller to reckon with. Their Curiositas is a fine peated single malt, and the sherry casking in the Pedro Ximenez is fantastic.
          "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

• anyone try out the Taiwan brand winner, Kavalan?
            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• What are your favorite whiskeys?

Well, the best was the last I had, forty years ago. The stuff is pure poison, designed to get you pissed fast. As the barmaids used to say, 'Stick to beer'. It has a far better taste and is far better for you.

Comment

• Don't need your pompus unintelligent uninformed thoughts.
                Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  Don't need your pompus unintelligent uninformed thoughts.

You DO, you know, soak! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by iolo View Post
                    You DO, you know, soak! :)
                    Pfft! You can't handle a night with us.
                    Chimo

Comment

• As a non drinker who does not stock alcohol, I am somewhat shamefaced when our dinner guests ask what is there to drink and I have only coffee or soft drinks on offer. I have been toying around with the idea of building a drinks cabinet. One of the standard items there, me thinks should be some good single malt.

So I ended up googling things like "best scotch whiskey for drinks cabinet" and came upon this list.

https://www.thrillist.com/vice/best-...ivet-laphroaig

They have names such as glenmorgie, glenlivet, johnywalker, cuttysark etc. flavors apparently range from fruity (apple, orange, apricot) to burnt rubber and robitussin. WTF???
                      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                        As a non drinker who does not stock alcohol, I am somewhat shamefaced when our dinner guests ask what is there to drink and I have only coffee or soft drinks on offer. I have been toying around with the idea of building a drinks cabinet. One of the standard items there, me thinks should be some good single malt.

So I ended up googling things like "best scotch whiskey for drinks cabinet" and came upon this list.

They have names such as glenmorgie, glenlivet, johnywalker, cuttysark etc. flavors apparently range from fruity (apple, orange, apricot) to burnt rubber and robitussin. WTF???
                        Hmmmm , look , its all 40 proof , or the majority is ,, just get 1 bottle of a blend , and 1 of a single malt , if your friends dont include for dinner a certain 2 Col,s who frequent this revered forum kof kof ,,any old firewater will do if ya giving it away , lol , but seriously , buy a common well known brand of each , unless your trying to clinch bizz deals , wink wink IMO .

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          Pfft! You can't handle a night with us.
                          To the woods ,,build a fire ,,get oil can seats ,,drinks at the ready ,,watch n shoot watch n shoot ,,and a medic for the baby .

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                            Hmmmm , look , its all 40 proof , or the majority is ,, just get 1 bottle of a blend , and 1 of a single malt , if your friends dont include for dinner a certain 2 Col,s who frequent this revered forum kof kof ,,any old firewater will do if ya giving it away , lol , but seriously , buy a common well known brand of each , unless your trying to clinch bizz deals , wink wink IMO .
                            Buy one of each??? Not trying to dronw myself or my friends, just trying to show I am as classy as any other poncy git, if you know what I mean. Good advice though.
                            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• You don't drink?

Apart from the advice you've got so far, buy a bottle of Absolut Vodka and 2 of Dom Perignon.

For deals and investors, a Blue Label would be good. FB's acquisition of whatsapp was made over that. :-)
                              Last edited by Oracle; 30 Sep 15,, 15:35.
                              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                                As a non drinker who does not stock alcohol, I am somewhat shamefaced when our dinner guests ask what is there to drink and I have only coffee or soft drinks on offer. I have been toying around with the idea of building a drinks cabinet. One of the standard items there, me thinks should be some good single malt.

All palates are personal - I've acquired the taste for peatier stuff, but generally am not in the mood for the peatiest stuff (i.e., Arbeg 10 = "kissing an ash tray"). I'd recommend picking up Glenlivet 12 ($40) and Highland Park 12 ($52). The Glenlivet is lighter with some fruits and florals. The Highland Park has some moderate peat that is balanced with some citrus fruits. Between those, you'll scratch the itch of folks with very different palates and demonstrate class without breaking the bank. If you want to pick up a bourbon, then Woodford Reserve ($33) is the way to go. I'd also pick up a mixing bourbon (i.e., Jack Daniels) so that way folks aren't adding Coke to single malts and quality whiskey that's distilled for enjoyment and not masking (i.e., Solo cup mixed drink = cheap whiskey, real mixed drink = Woodford Reserve).

Comment

Working...
                                X