No announcement yet.

Great invention idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was 20 degrees Farenheight this morning and I STILL haven't turned on my real heat (oil). I don't know what I like the most about a wood stove; the heat, the savings from my oil bill, or the excuse to cut trees in my backyard and play with chainsaws, axes and log splitters.
    "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

I like the crackling of the wood most. The heat, too.

Playing with the toys is just an extra.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

We've had week long power outages from ice storms, freak snow storms in early oct a couple of years ago and hurricanes and the woodstove not only heats the joint, but i can cook on top of it as well. The kids call it camping indoors, and always ask if I'm going to "turn the stove on".

Comment

Originally posted by tuna View Post
          It was 20 degrees Farenheight this morning and I STILL haven't turned on my real heat (oil). I don't know what I like the most about a wood stove; the heat, the savings from my oil bill, or the excuse to cut trees in my backyard and play with chainsaws, axes and log splitters.
          Come on. The wood stove IS your real heat. I "test" my electric furnace a couple of times a year. I love cutting firewood. Watching your saw dig into a big log is a joy too few have experienced. I still split by hand. Never caught on to the mechanical splitters.
          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...
          X