Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:pop:
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Check this out Chogy

OVNI gallego en el mar. - YouTube

Comment

I've seen that one too Tankie... it's been proven a fake a while ago, but I have no supporting evidence for the "fake" claim. That is one of the huge problems we now face - if they can make it look like dinosaurs are alive, and we can't tell the difference, how much easier is it to fake a UFO?

The thing about the Disclosure project is this - we have this guy, Steven Greer, gather evidence and compile them. For each witness in Disclosure, his/her event was very real. And given that there are billions of people on the earth, the odds are very good that you're going to get dozens of these that will swear on a stack of Bibles. Most of them are probably very sincere, and mistaken. Thus, Greer takes a large number of sincere individuals and makes his case, which is a decent one.

I'm one of those persons that cannot take alien visitation on faith. We already ask a lot for people to take God on faith, and the rewards offered (everlasting life) are high. Even then, a lot of people hold off and want more solid proof. So it's even more difficult to ask people to take aliens on faith when there is no reward being offered.

I think there are parallels to faith in God, and the alien phenomenon:

1) Higher beings are postulated to exist and they perhaps care about humanity
        2) Eyewitness testimony is offered as evidence, much of it very compelling
        3) The higher beings have the ability to elevate humanity in many ways
        4) They offer enormous hope, which is very appealing

The explosion in the "cult" of the alien has paralleled an unprecedented rise in the number of atheist/agnostic people worldwide. 100 years ago, probably 95% believed in God/Allah/spirits/ghosts etc. Today it's around 60%, and I think atheists/agnostics fill a void with faith in something (aliens) that stimulates them. That's not addressed at you, just humanity in general. It'd be an interesting study... compare belief in God vs. belief in alien visitation, and see if there are any correlations.

Comment

I can prove the jet fighter/aquatic UFO video is fake.

Assuming the two jets that buzz the UFO are the same in both directions, which is likely and implied, count the seconds between the first and second passes, which are over 180 degrees in axis apart.

Jets buzz alien on pass one. Start the stopwatch. Stop when they buzz in the other direction. I'm getting about 7 seconds. They are turning about 210 degrees in only 7 seconds... 30 degrees per second. MUCH too high, an impossible turn. Real life, at those altitudes and speed, 15 to 20 seconds would be much more appropriate.

Also - the sound is inaccurate. At those speeds and video ranges, the jet roar would trail the jets by at least 5 seconds. In other words, we'd see the jets pass the alien silently, and the jet roar has to travel to the boat, arriving many seconds later. The jet noise should "trail" the jets significantly. To me, it looks like studio dubbing of jet noise done improperly.
          Last edited by Chogy; 28 Oct 11,, 14:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
            To me, it looks like studio dubbing of jet noise done improperly.
            Yes it is. There's no autocorrect of levels, the sound is a series of professionally recorded tracks dubbed toether. Here's what a jet pass sounds like without professional equipment
            Low Jet Pass - YouTube
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Cheers guys , yup it pisses me when people go to the lengths they do to do hoaxes , the bit i thought was dodgy was the splashdown which is why I asked for opinion , and got a great explanation for that vid , im glad you looked at the disclosure vid , are the people interviewed cred peeps , your explanation is cool , ref Greer , are the guys in his interview people you may know of ??

Comment

I only know one guy who was interviewed for Disclosure, and the reality is, while he was a Naval officer, he was also a total UFO nut, and put foil in his hat (really) to prevent the motherships from finding him. So his alphabet of credentials looked great, but credentials never stops anybody from being a bit nutty.

For me, it's still up in the air, pardon the pun. I don't disbelieve, but neither am I convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                  I only know one guy who was interviewed for Disclosure, and the reality is, while he was a Naval officer, he was also a total UFO nut, and put foil in his hat (really) to prevent the motherships from finding him. So his alphabet of credentials looked great, but credentials never stops anybody from being a bit nutty.

For me, it's still up in the air, pardon the pun. I don't disbelieve, but neither am I convinced.

Well its obvious which side of the fence im on , a total believer in life out there ,one of my 3 wishes before i peg out was to meet with whoever , they may be , and have a chat and maybe a shot of whatever their booze is , if indeed they have vices like we do , if not im gonna change that you betchya yumpin yimminy fer sure :danc: .;)

Im glad you took the time to look at the vid , all the people interviewed can be verified I reckon ,nutty or not , yes a great line up of names , even tinhat man

Comment

Chogy , I have watched this several times , I can see no evidence of wings or contrails , whats your take m8

OVNI EN CHIMBOTE 12/10/11 - YouTube

Comment

I'd like to believe there is someone out there too. But I still haven't seen proof. Given the theory that the extraterrestrials are a natural phenomenon (not supernatural like God) - we should be able to prove it if they come to visit (in our current times). But not being visited in our relatively short period of very well documented history seems entirely possible (~ 100 years with global awareness, photography and audio recordings). Perhaps visits are infrequent (occurring on geological time scales) or haven't happened yet.

I read a late 1950's RAND study about extraterrestrials (once classified): it was illuminating - they pointed out that extraterrestrials could be so advanced or different that we couldn't comprehend them, or recognize them. That we might be demoralized to realize we were so limited and primitive. I wish I could find a link - the report was created at the dawn of the space age.

Personally, I can accept my limited and primitive status relative to God, so if one of God's other creations is much farther along than us, that doesn't negate who we are.

I too hope we get to sit down with them, share refreshments and swap stories.
                      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Strange the report was created at the beginning of the space age , coincidence ?? maybe , maybe not .

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                          Strange the report was created at the beginning of the space age , coincidence ?? maybe , maybe not .
                          No coincidence, it was commissioned because of the space race, the US gov't was concerned about alien threats from a military perspective. The report seemed to tell them, you aren't likely to defeat beings who can travel between stars.
                          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.

Comment

Why is it that humankind thinks everything is a threat , if aliens are here , then they are no threat as we would all be snuffed out by now if that is/was their intent .

Comment

I recently watched a Star Trek Voyager episode: Season #3, Distant Origins. It had dinosaurs who evolved to become space travelers long before the rise of man and left the Earth before a comet wiped out their life on Earth, at the time of the story they were 1000's of years more advanced than the Voyager. It was very though provoking. Given the huge time scales we have theorized for them, it seemed like a reasonable premise. If they lived for 100's of millions of years, a few thousand years of development would be easy to loose sight of in the fossil records. I am not saying I believe it really happened, its just a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                                Why is it that humankind thinks everything is a threat , if aliens are here , then they are no threat as we would all be snuffed out by now if that is/was their intent .
                                We are an arrogant species aren't we...

I agree, if they exist, come here and don't like us - we are SOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X