Welcome to Panama!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
    Just helping to spread democracy and freedom;)

Aw c'mon, Port Royal, Imperial and Cerveza Panama are some of my favorites.

Berena and Port Royal are ok. If I can't get Killians or Red Stripe I'm not very happy. My stomping grounds are from San Pedro Sula to Trujillo. Sounds like you were down near Fonseca.
    Last edited by Red Seven; 15 Jan 09,, 18:49.

Comment

Yep. San lorenzo to Comayagua and some southern border towns.;)

I cant remember the highway number or name or the nearby town, but there was a border crossing they called checkpoint charlie on the Hondo/Nicaraguan border somewhere near Choluteca or El Paraiso, Do you know where I'm thinking of, anyone?
      Last edited by Blue; 15 Jan 09,, 23:28.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
        Yep. San lorenzo to Comayagua and some southern border towns.;)

I cant remember the highway number or name or the nearby town, but there was a border crossing they called checkpoint charlie on the Hondo/Nicaraguan border somewhere near Choluteca or El Paraiso, Do you know where I'm thinking of, anyone?

Can't help you with the checkpoint but I seem to recall hearing of a big freakin slab somewhere near Comayagua that could handle C-5As. Y'know, bringing in all that humanitarian aid. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Seven View Post
          Can't help you with the checkpoint but I seem to recall hearing of a big freakin slab somewhere near Comayagua that could handle C-5As. Y'know, bringing in all that humanitarian aid. ;)
          That would be Palmerola airbase. I think they call it Soto Cano now, at least thats how it appears on google earth. And yeah, I came and went on a C-5 both times. Southern Air C-130s laid plenty of rubber there as well, I think they were the ones bringin in the real party favors.;)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
            Kampala was nice, dollars go a long way. The expatriate life is tempting. The countryside is a bit more picturesque. Hopefully the LRA is out for good. Malaria twice, first in Honduras. Not too bad, it got me off the donor list (AB-). Second time in Dahomey, not good but guaranteed to make you lose weight in a hurry. ;)
            Malaria is what keeps me from visiting Uganda. The Ugandans I meet here in Iraq say I must go. Americans, I know who have gone say it it nice too. One came back with a whooping case of malaria for which I had the cure. I'd rather not get it.

While about 2% of cases are fatal, each year, 300 to 500 million people develop malaria and 1.5 to 3 million–mostly children–die, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). (Source: excerpt from Malaria, NIAID Fact Sheet: NIAID)http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/artic/...heet_niaid.htm
            J. J. Ogershok, Jr.

Comment

Malaria is still very active in many third world countries. Strangely enough one of the things that significantly decreased malaria was outlawed DDT.

Comment

Originally posted by BadKharma View Post
                Malaria is still very active in many third world countries. Strangely enough one of the things that significantly decreased malaria was outlawed DDT.
                That was in spite of the evidence that it was NOT a carcinogen.

So much for science. There is a web site that counts the numbers that have died because of this decision.

http://www.junkscience.com/malaria_clock.html
                J. J. Ogershok, Jr.

Comment

I believe the problem is it all depends on whose science you choose to use much like the "threat of Global Warming".

Comment

Originally posted by BadKharma View Post
                    I believe the problem is it all depends on whose science you choose to use much like the "threat of Global Warming".
                    This may go a whole lot off the thread but here goes.

From what I have seen science has moved its foundations in the last couple of years. There was a time when a theory was just that. (Now don't get confused with the word theorem from Geometry as I suspect some have.) Theory is not a hard proven fact, it is an educated explanation. A fine example of this shift is Darwin's Theory of Evolution. In today's world of science, Darwin's Theory is held up as fact. There is no other explanation or competing theory, it is dogma.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory

Definitively speaking, a theory is the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another.

Science

Usage

In science, the word theory is used as a plausible general principle or body of principles offered to explain a phenomenon. For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet but we invoke theories of gravity to explain this occurrence. However, even inside the sciences the word theory picks out several different concepts dependent on the context. In casual speech scientists don't use the term theory in a particularly precise fashion, allowing historical accidents to determine whether a given body of scientific work is called a theory, law, principle or something else. For instance Einstein's relativity is usually called "the theory of relativity" while Newton's theory of gravity often is called "the law of gravity." In this kind of casual use by scientists the word theory can be used flexibly to refer to whatever kind of explanation or prediction is being examined. It is for this instance that a scientific theory is a claim based on a body of evidence.
                    J. J. Ogershok, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X