conspiracy theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Striphis View Post
    I like how people latch onto such stupid beliefs, $20 bill, lol...why try and make a conspiracy out of of that, why not just point out that Bush's famliy companies and their allies have seen profits....that seems like it shouldn't happen, you know when a president makes money for his family in office...he's the president, liable only to the peopl of his country.
    Oh damn, the Bush family was going to go bankrupt and not make any profit before, huh? And all the sudden, here comes Dubya to rescue and makes the fam some money and all is good. Makin' perfect sense so far, ain't it Striphis?
    In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
    The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

I dunno, I don't like seeing elements of corruption, even small elements in my country's government. I would rather have a politician who enjoyed helping the people for the sake of serving his fellow man. Any type of profit showing up in the hands of the President or his Benefactors (unless there is an across-the-boards general increase in US profits), if their is substantial profits that coexist within the time-frames of the President's term of office...i dunno I would just rather that didn't happen...jeuno?

Comment

I dunno, I don't like seeing elements of corruption, even small elements in my country's government. I would rather have a politician who enjoyed helping the people for the sake of serving his fellow man.
        Such as?
        The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

they were making money before, only Dubya was really failing. I'm just saying that a presidents private or family business should not show profit as a result of a President's term. That shows a lack of morals, and is a definite conflict of interest...he should have no conflict, he should only be obligated to do what is best for his country and for the people that live here.
          Last edited by Striphis; 12 Aug 07,, 21:19. Reason: erm

Comment

they were making money before, only Dubya was really failing. I'm just saying that a presidents private or family business should not show profit as a result of a President's term.
            Correlation is not causation. And you still haven't answered my question that I posed above.

Comment

t r u t h o u t - NY Times: Halliburton Profits From Terror War
              This article comes from the New York times, so this is not an article from non-mainstream (although, seriously, more people get information from the boob-tube than from newspapers) a company with ties to current people of power should not be showing profits. It stinks of....collaboration, which i will say again may have good intentions but is unethical.

Comment

This article comes from the New York times, so this is not an article from non-mainstream (although, seriously, more people get information from the boob-tube than from newspapers) a company with ties to current people of power should not be showing profits. It stinks of....collaboration, which i will say again may have good intentions but is unethical.

And this sentence from your 'source'.............

Although KBR is probably not the largest recipient of all the government contracts related to terror efforts....

Tells me that the person(s) writing this article, don't really have a clue what they're writing. They picked a company that had a connection to the VP, and they simply decided this was the cause of all their troubles.

Comment

So who should make money from a war?

Those who hate the administration and vice versa?

If I were the president and there's a war on my hands, I need to contract some people to do some work, I would go look for people I know nothing about or who hate me?

Halliburton is a construction company that does a lot of contract work in all parts of the world. It makes money. Cheney knew that so he bought some stocks. He liquidated his shares after he became the VP. That was 3 years before Iraq war.

I love how these leftists grasp for anything that can validate their illogical and very emotional hatred for Bush.
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I just remembered another popular conspiracy theory by the greenies.

We have the technology to run internal combustion engines on water. But the oil companies destroyed all the research and prototypes to continue their hold on the society.

I actually know a person who firmly believes in this theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                      I just remembered another popular conspiracy theory by the greenies.

We have the technology to run internal combustion engines on water. But the oil companies destroyed all the research and prototypes to continue their hold on the society.

I actually know a person who firmly believes in this theory.
                      A few days ago, I was a little drunk, in good company, and thought up the following:

If a person will come up with a cure for diabetes, he will not live more than a few days. Imagine how much profit the pharmaceutic industries make on insuline.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                        A few days ago, I was a little drunk, in good company, and thought up the following:

If a person will come up with a cure for diabetes, he will not live more than a few days. Imagine how much profit the pharmaceutic industries make on insuline.
                        I also think all the computer viruses and worms are released by the computer security companies to sell their product...

Comment

I also think all the computer viruses and worms are released by the computer security companies to sell their product...
                          That one is actually quite credible. Most vira and worms have no other purpose than harming your computer. ADware is a different thing, though.

Comment

It's all microsft trying to rape the industry its Bill gates plan to destroy apple and Unix and rule the computer world unfortunately that wont happen because there are always informed people out there.
                            Only Steve Jobbs can save us.

Comment

• Originally posted by urmomma158 View Post

And the Federal Reserve!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by urmomma158 View Post
                                It's all microsft trying to rape the industry its Bill gates plan to destroy apple and Unix and rule the computer world unfortunately that wont happen because there are always informed people out there.
                                That doesn't make sense. Why would Bill Gates sabotage his own products? It would make sense if Microsoft owns all the anti-virus software.

I'll believe you if you had said Steve Jobs was the one who released all the viruses to make life difficult for Billy.

Comment

Working...
                                X