Henry Kissinger dies at 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Kissinger dies at 100

Former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger dies aged 100 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67574495

The yutes on Twitter are having a field day dancing on his grave. As someone older appreciate there are some nuances to his actions.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

Dunno, I personally think he was an unindicted war criminal but that's just my opinion, nothing more.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        Dunno, I personally think he was an unindicted war criminal but that's just my opinion, nothing more.
        My nuance is how he worked post WW 2 for intelligence and working to open China.

But I agree with your sentiment in a lot of areas...especially Cambodia and Chile.

But unlike many I do not condemn the Christmas bombings. They forced the NV to negotiate seriously and got our POWs home.
        Last edited by Albany Rifles; 30 Nov 23,, 20:28.
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

My nuance is how he worked post WW 2 for intelligence and working to open China.

But I agree with your sentiment in a lot of areas...especially Cambodia and Chile.

But unlike many I do not condemn the Christmas bombings. They forced the NV to negotiate seriously and got our POWs home.
          I was definitely thinking of Cambodia more than anything.

And yeah, Linebacker II was absolutely necessary, no question about it.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

His impact on world history cannot be under-stated. He practically added a 3 million man army and 12 nukes to our side against the USSR.
            Chimo

Comment

But his close ties to the CCP clouded a lot of his views

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/h...end-rcna127326
              Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

I was definitely thinking of Cambodia more than anything.

And yeah, Linebacker II was absolutely necessary, no question about it.
                That hit home to me as I had 2 friends, one from grade school, the other high school, whose Dad's were in the Hanoi Hilton.
                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X