X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Water water everywhere, and all the boards did shrink,
    Water water everywhere, nor any drop to drink..."

It's been flooding here for the past several days. Huge amounts of rain and several busted water mains have led to the destruction of many homes and businesses. Fortunately I live in an area that wasn't too badly hit, and the worst my house suffered was a few leaks in the roof. However, at one point it was bad enough that the state declared a state of emergency and the flooding was the worst the city has had since 1881. This was several days ago, and still many roads and byways are closed due to flooding.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Originally posted by leibstandarte10
      However, at one point it was bad enough that the state declared a state of emergency and the flooding was the worst the city has had since 1881. This was several days ago, and still many roads and byways are closed due to flooding.
      At least you still have internet - thank goodness for broadband!! :)
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Song My Small Roomate Learned From My Mom, Now I Cannot Get The Tune Out Of My Head

Merci dotes and dosey dotes
        and liddel lambsy divey
        A kiddellee divey too

wouldn't you?

"To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
          At least you still have internet - thank goodness for broadband!! :)
          Yes thank God. I would've gone nuts!

Actually the power held up surprisingly well. Lights flickered a lot but the electricity was never shut off, although the same certainly can't be said for the houses whose water level reaches up to about a person's chest.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Mel Gibson

I dont care what Mel Gibson did or said or who he breathed on. I dont want to hear him apologize for remarks he made about any group of people or even for getting plastered and trying to go for a joy ride. I dont care if he was drunk when he made the comments or if he was being forced to say them @ gunpoint. I dont care that he played Jesus in a movie and I dont care if Jesus was or was not Jewish.

I dont care.

Comment

• Dang it, your new avatar's better than mine!
              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
                Dang it, your new avatar's better than mine!
                Well you dont have to go off in some coulrophobic rage!!

;)

Comment

• I shaved the goatee-thing I had been growing for weeks this morning. My chin looks so different.

Comment

I shaved the goatee-thing I had been growing for weeks this morning. My chin looks so different.
                    So in other words you look like a kid that fell off his bike on the way to school?...LMAO ;)
                    Last edited by Dreadnought; 08 Aug 06,, 15:56.
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I shaved the goatee-thing I had been growing for weeks this morning. My chin looks so different.
                      I remember the first time my beard came off. Scared the snot out of me. Hadn't seen my whole face in about two years. I couldn't look in a mirror for a couple of days without cringing. It was almost as bad ast the time my dad shaved without warning us. I'm at the breakfast table and I look up at him, and then do a complete double take. It was like a stranger was eating breakfast with us. Freakiest thing ever.
                      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

• As President Bush is getting off the helicopter in front of the White House, he has a baby pig under each arm.
                        The Marine guard snaps to attention, salutes, and says: "Nice pigs, sir." The President replies: "These are not pigs, these are authentic Texan Razorback Hogs. I got one for VP Cheney, and I got one for Defense Secretary Rumsfeld." The Marine again snaps to attention, salutes, and replies, "Nice trade, sir."
                        Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                        (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
                          I remember the first time my beard came off. Scared the snot out of me. Hadn't seen my whole face in about two years. I couldn't look in a mirror for a couple of days without cringing. It was almost as bad ast the time my dad shaved without warning us. I'm at the breakfast table and I look up at him, and then do a complete double take. It was like a stranger was eating breakfast with us. Freakiest thing ever.
                          It really is freaky when people shave their beards, especially if they've had them for a long time. It's like you can't look at the person the same way.

Comment

• Off on my holidays to sunny Italy so if I've started any arguments recently I'll finish them when I get back in a couple of weeks... ciao everyone....

Comment

• Have fun!!!

Before you go, check the UK vs France thread for my weekly French joke.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by PubFather
                                Off on my holidays to sunny Italy so if I've started any arguments recently I'll finish them when I get back in a couple of weeks... ciao everyone....
                                Ciao Dad enjoy your holiday.
                                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
                                X