Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software wasn't recognizing your "cold" voice?
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharapthai View Post
      Yes Tankie Sir, I know that.

Being into an industry which fires employees, even when US and Europe sneezes, I do peek everyday at Reuters, Washingtonpost, BBC et al.

Thanks though for the link.
      FFS just tankie will do :slap:

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        Software wasn't recognizing your "cold" voice?
        Hell, my wife doesn't recognize my voice......

Don't know if it's wishful thinking on her part or not....

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
          FFS just tankie will do :slap:
          Nice to meet you, Just Tankie.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Nice to meet you, Just Tankie.
            Very droll

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
              This will cheer ya up...yeahhhh.

All I Want For Christmas - HMS OCEAN - YouTube
              I saw this JAD, it made me feel somewhat disturbed about the RN at first, when you posted it, It got a laugh! I've consumed a carton and a bit in the last week, and It's been 2 years since I've bought one.
              I finished painting the rowing boat a week ago, and took her out - for 3 1/2 hours. When I got back I promptly got berated by the Grandfather (94 3/4) about being out so long, that he was about to call the police, got a lecture on the family worrying about yet another suicide or drowning, and how it was all so bad for the heart.

All I could manage in response, was I didn't think anyone would notice, and lost track of the time because it was overcast and couldn't see the sun.
              Right now they are promising 36 celcius for Christmas day, which will probably mean flat seas, which means I'll be able to get the boat out again.

Freddie, the boss has promised me some good time off over summer, going out on a boat to do some fishing down Robe way. TTYTT, I've been looking forward to it for the WHOLE year.

BTW Jad - I was looking at this at a show earlier this year - http://torqueworkcentres.com/ . Thought you may have some comment. I may have some work comming up which should make it pay for itself (or take a significant chunk off of it).
              Last edited by Chunder; 20 Dec 11,, 10:32.
              Ego Numquam

Comment

• Powerful notation agencies, such as Standard and Poor's, Fitch Rating and Moody's, have been in the news lately for downgrading their ratings of everything from businesses to entire countries. The results of such downgrading often have consequences for those on the receiving end, with France the most recent country to be threatened by Standard & Poor's with the possible loss of an A from its current AAA status. Members of the French graphics community have responded by creating a Facebook presence dubbed "Pot de départ du troisième A" — literally, a farewell party for the third A. It invites visitors to drop the letter A from their vocabulary and upload logos of brands that have also tragically lost their A's, as we face the prospect of a world that has been downgraded to the point where all A's have vanished.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...50469953899153

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunder View Post

BTW Jad - I was looking at this at a show earlier this year - http://torqueworkcentres.com/ . Thought you may have some comment. I may have some work comming up which should make it pay for itself (or take a significant chunk off of it).
                  It's one of the best all-in-ones I've seen. Not portable enough for me. But for a stationary shop guy, it would be handy. It would eliminate some shop machines, but not necessarily do some things better, like edge routing. But don't get rid of your planer, table saw, miter saw, belt sander and edge router. You won't get much blade depth when sawing on this thing. The circular saw in the promo has a 7 1/4 inch blade, which gives you only about 3 inches of cut depth. Key things I'd look for: smoothness of arm action; ease of mounting and securing the power tools. What's it cost?
                  To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• depending on what size 3 - 4G.

Depth of cut is a concern to me - as capping posts is one of the uses I could think of. Currently (depending on order) is will cost $55 for a hard wood post to be capped, that doesn't include a collar (also a use I saw for it) or any holes for retaining railwork.
                    Ego Numquam

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunder View Post
                      I saw this JAD, it made me feel somewhat disturbed about the RN at first, when you posted it, It got a laugh! I've consumed a carton and a bit in the last week, and It's been 2 years since I've bought one.
                      I finished painting the rowing boat a week ago, and took her out - for 3 1/2 hours. When I got back I promptly got berated by the Grandfather (94 3/4) about being out so long, that he was about to call the police, got a lecture on the family worrying about yet another suicide or drowning, and how it was all so bad for the heart.

All I could manage in response, was I didn't think anyone would notice, and lost track of the time because it was overcast and couldn't see the sun.
                      Right now they are promising 36 celcius for Christmas day, which will probably mean flat seas, which means I'll be able to get the boat out again.

Freddie, the boss has promised me some good time off over summer, going out on a boat to do some fishing down Robe way. TTYTT, I've been looking forward to it for the WHOLE year.

Christmas day would be a good day at the boat ramp. parking would be a breeze. I'm off to the Gippsland lakes for the holidays. Had the potential to be a great holiday until a blue/green Algal bloom hit the area. It's going to make the area out for fishing until April.

Have a good Christmas.

Freddie
                      Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.
                      vēnī, vīdī, velcro - I came, I saw I stuck around.

Comment

• Originally posted by furkensturker View Post
                        Christmas day would be a good day at the boat ramp. parking would be a breeze. I'm off to the Gippsland lakes for the holidays. Had the potential to be a great holiday until a blue/green Algal bloom hit the area. It's going to make the area out for fishing until April.

Have a good Christmas.

Freddie
                        Yea Doug , I saw the date on the calender you sent ,Doug / Jen have a great time and Jen dont go catching more than him ,,,,,,,, AGAIN :fish:

Comment

• You had to rub it in didn't you.
                          You have a good one too.
                          The forecast here is for hot, 32 degC. We'll be sitting under in the shade of a big Eucalypt tree, having way too many prawns and beers to wash it down with.
                          Must be terrible to live in a cold hole like Pomgolia at Christmas. How do you play beach cricket in the snow? The closest thing we get to a white Christmas is when we have a freak hail storm, and then it's only white till it melts.

Darwin is under threat of yet another Cyclone. At this point, it's due on Christmas day. Christmas eve 1974, Darwin was destroyed by Cyclone Tracy; but they're a tough lot up there. As long as they have plenty of food and cold grog, they'll be Ok.

To all WAB'ers, Have a safe and happy Christmas. And if your faith doesn't allow it, we'll tell you how much fun it was.

Freddie
                          Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.
                          vēnī, vīdī, velcro - I came, I saw I stuck around.

Comment

• Originally posted by furkensturker View Post
                            You had to rub it in didn't you.

Freddie
                            Of course :fish::fish::whome:

Comment

• Hello from Corpus Christi, Texas. Left Dulles/Washington mid afternoon Wednesday en route to San Antonio with a 1 hour layover in Atlanta, ending with a 2-hour drive to Corpus. Staying right across the bay from the naval air station. Bright and sunny, warmish but not hot. There's a huge wind generator farm in the distance. NAS Kingsville, my first duty station, is 20 minutes down the road. I'll visit it. Later on I'm going to visit the retired carrier USS Lexington, which to my good fortune, is moored at Corpus.

Merry Christmas to all the Christmas celebrators and best wishes to all others.
                              To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Peeping Toms

Dallas handles wild turkey problem | Statesman Journal | statesmanjournal.com

Written by
                                Justin Much
                                Statesman Journal

FILED UNDER
                                News
                                Talk turkey
                                Anyone with questions about turkey issues or the harvest in Dallas should contact the city manager's office at (503) 831-3502.

"Wild turkeys are creating problems for residents in new neighborhoods at the edge of Dallas, so the city has been granted permission to kill some of the birds.

City Manager Jerry Wyatt said the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) has issued the city a permit to "harvest" up to 10 turkeys.

Wyatt's office said the city will have a supervised harvest of turkeys in the northwestern section of town the evening of Dec. 17.

"The turkeys roost at dusk or right before sunset, so that is the best time for the harvest. Our agent will be using a shotgun with small birdshot as required by ODFW," Wyatt's office said in a press release. "These pellets are small enough that as they fall back to the ground, they should cause no harm to humans or pets, nor damage to vehicles or buildings."

An agent for the city and a city official tending to the shooting will be wearing garments clearly identifying them as representatives of the city of Dallas. The public cannot participate in the hunt.

Emily Gagner, the city's recorder and assistant to the city manager, said problems stemming from the birds include filth and aggressiveness."Besides the obvious mess they make, we have had people, particularly children, chased by the birds," Gagner said. "Particularly the Toms … they are protective of the hens and flock, and do tend to be more aggressive."

The area of focus is a relatively new neighborhood of homes near Douglas Street, north of West Ellendale Avenue and west of Orchard Drive.

It's not the first time the city has taken this action, and it might not be the last.

If problems persist, the city may request that ODFW authorize the harvest of additional turkeys. Gagner estimates that there is a gang of about 30 wild turkeys in that particular area.

"We did it earlier this year, and I believe we did it once prior to that," Gagner said.

ODFW frequently deals with similar situations. The Roseburg area has been particularly hard hit with wild-turkey issues.

Dave Budeau, upland game-bird coordinator for the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, said the time and expense of dealing with nuisance critters has a familiar ring.

"I'm not aware of any situation in Oregon where we have a suburban nuisance problem area on a town fringe where feeding wasn't the start of the problem," Budeau said. "It's just without exception they've started by being fed. They (the turkeys) just get used to folks

Some people really enjoy seeing the birds, and others don't share the same enthusiasm for them, and that's where the conflicts start."

Dallas city staff will notify the residents of about 100 homes in the affected neighborhood with door hangers advising of the harvest. Gagner said the city is stressing public awareness in advance.

"We've had a couple of issues with people not knowing what was going on in the past," she said.

Meat from previous turkey gang thinnings has been donated to needy families......"

Shucks, the residents have been culling the flock for years now. Culling 10 birds isn't going to cut it. Pellet guns are quieter and damned efficient inside the city limits. Apparently everyone knows this but ODFW. There are several flocks that call the city home and they don't keep to the city fringes. Those birds go everywhere, tear up yards, scare the hell out of the cats and yes...look into windows. The sad thing is that people like Dave Budeau just don't get it. The birds were not fed until they became a nuisance and are only "fed" so they stick around just long enough to get a bead on them. Excuse me while I put out some more corn in the back yard.....
                                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X