Forum Restored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    Has the board clock been reset to show a return to Standard Time?
    Doesn't look like it. Guess it has to be done manually, which is kinda odd.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• When I try to click the quote button of two different posts in a reply I can only get the first one I click to appear.

Am I missing something obvious?

Comment

• Originally posted by tantalus View Post
        When I try to click the quote button of two different posts in a reply I can only get the first one I click to appear.

Am I missing something obvious?
        No, I think that's how it works. We need a multiquote option I believe.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

No, I think that's how it works. We need a multiquote option I believe.
          No worries. I just quote one and copy it, then cancel the post, quote the other and paste the first in. Just thought I was missing something.

Comment

• Go away for a few days only to return and find something broken

That 406 error is back again. From what i can tell anything more than 256 words in a post triggers it.

I always post the article when i can as links have this annoying tendency of going away after some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
              Go away for a few days only to return and find something broken

That 406 error is back again. From what i can tell anything more than 256 words in a post triggers it.

I always post the article when i can as links have this annoying tendency of going away after some time.
              It's not a word count limit, at least not at 256 words. There is a character or characters that vBulletin is "rejecting". I've had posts with the % sign get rejected but it obviously accepted it this time, 100%

I've let Rochen know about it, hopefully they can track it down.

Comment

• Chris mentioned something about security checking or filtering that happens between the user and the board.

Once the new board was up i never saw this error message until now
                Hmm, when i tried to post the above two sentence i saw the following error message

Error while saving content: %1$s

Error information: " 500 error Internal Server Error"
                Yikes !!

How did i fix it. Removed the emoticon at the end of the last sentence.

Last edited by Double Edge; 17 Nov 20,, 21:32.

Comment

• Now the emoticons are taking

Comment

Now the emoticons are taking

I wonder if the emoticons will take at the end of this sentence

Comment

It's not a word count limit, at least not at 256 words. There is a character or characters that vBulletin is "rejecting". I've had posts with the % sign get rejected but it obviously accepted it this time, 100%
                      It would not let me post an entire article. So i posted half. That took.

Then tried to post the bottom half. Refused.

One para below, even that was refused.

Skipped the para and went with the rest. It took (!) Eh ?

Went back to the remaining para. Would not save.

So there are two things that happen. You copy paste and it refuses to paste. Or it accepts it and then refuses to save.

Coming back to that para. Copied parts, it took, added more parts it took. Few words at a time until all of it was in.

Finally it saved.

So its not chars but volume of text and how that comes in.

There is no pattern of any sort to discern here at all

Comment

There is no pattern of any sort to discern here at all
                        Yeah I've noticed that as well

Comment

• Errors 500 & 406 happened with the previous board as well. The old one might have had its limitations but the same problem is happening with this new one as well.

So its something that occurs between the board and the user. That's the common link.

Comment

• How do I know who liked my post?
                            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                              How do I know who liked my post?
                              Just click on the number next to "Like"

Comment

Just click on the number next to "Like"
                                Nothing happens when I click on '1', next to like.
                                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Working...
                                X