Forum Restored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Smileys are still broke. They're on the To Do list.
    No worries. Take your time. Glad the forum is back and stable.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Well done, folks, very well done!
      We won't be getting many new people here ... or a certain veteran engineer who can't be bothered to remember his password ... until the "prove you're human" thing works.
      Trust me?
      I'm an economist!

Comment

• I can't remember what I was going to write.
        Chimo

Comment

• 406 error again
          Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_1406_error.png
Views:	120
Size:	870.1 KB
ID:	1565471

Comment

Chris, I cleared all cookies for this page and refreshed, and it changed to Secure. But when I logged back in, it changed to back to Unsecure.
            When i refresh the page it starts of secure. This remains until the page fully loads and then its back to not secure

Cookies deleted and browser cache emptied. Log out and log back in.

If you are logged out everything remains secure.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 06 Sep 20,, 23:03.

Comment

• I'm getting the 406 error as well, and it seems to be based on the size of the post.

Is there a size limit, in terms of number of words? I top out at about 200 words.
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

• 1. Smilies should be fixed. vBulletin 5 only comes with a pack of 11 smilies. We can certainly add more though. If there is a style pack that someone knows about and would like us to look at adding it we can do so. We just need to ensure it is licensed open source or if it is not we can acquire a license to use it.

2. Our engineering team is going to look into the 406 error situation in more detail tomorrow morning. We know what's causing it but want to avoid trying to degrade the security systems in place to protect the site in order to fix things. Even after we make some tweaks these error may occur from time to time. Certain post "content" can trigger the WAF rules if it looks like an SQL injection or Cross Script Scripting (CSS) attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  1. Smilies should be fixed. vBulletin 5 only comes with a pack of 11 smilies. We can certainly add more though. If there is a style pack that someone knows about and would like us to look at adding it we can do so. We just need to ensure it is licensed open source or if it is not we can acquire a license to use it.

2. Our engineering team is going to look into the 406 error situation in more detail tomorrow morning. We know what's causing it but want to avoid trying to degrade the security systems in place to protect the site in order to fix things. Even after we make some tweaks these error may occur from time to time. Certain post "content" can trigger the WAF rules if it looks like an SQL injection or Cross Script Scripting (CSS) attack.
                  Thanks Chris!
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• The vBulletin "search index" has just been set to rebuild itself. This will likely take well into tomorrow to complete. If anyone sees any slowdowns in the mean time then that is likely why as it is a fairly intensive process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

When i refresh the page it starts of secure. This remains until the page fully loads and then its back to not secure

Cookies deleted and browser cache emptied. Log out and log back in.

If you are logged out everything remains secure.
                      I'm showing Secure on the Home Page, and whilst browsing Forums, right up until I go into an actual thread, then it switches to Not Secure.

Are you getting the same result?
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Just a quick follow up on a couple of issues -

1. I believe the SSL / HTTPS issue may be due to certain non-secure objects being loaded on certain pages. For example, if there is an image or something getting pulled in on the page using HTTP instead of HTTPS then that will cause the browser to to flag a warning. The page and data sent to and from WAB is still over HTTPS and secure but it will cause a warning to be thrown. I am seeing the padlock disappear myself now when clicking to certain threads. Will see if we can find anything more specific.

2. The logs showed three Web Application Firewall (WAF) rules being triggered as false positives which would have caused the random 406 errors. Some adjustments have been made here. If anyone does see any further 406 errors then please let us know and we will check the logs again for any other rules that might be getting triggered. We don't want to just turn the WAF off or make any bigger adjustments than required though.

Comment

I'm showing Secure on the Home Page, and whilst browsing Forums, right up until I go into an actual thread, then it switches to Not Secure.

Are you getting the same result?
                          Yes.

On the home page. Home loads fast. It stays secure.

Open a thread or change pages you see secure and then when the page completes loading its back to not secure.

I'm on a laptop here.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Sep 20,, 13:24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            https://www.rochen.com/blog/2020/07/...eanup-service/

This will be the cause of the 406 errors which we will get resolved.

Thanks folks.
                            Makes sense there had to be something else that changed to cause it

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            1. Smilies should be fixed. vBulletin 5 only comes with a pack of 11 smilies. We can certainly add more though. If there is a style pack that someone knows about and would like us to look at adding it we can do so. We just need to ensure it is licensed open source or if it is not we can acquire a license to use it.
                            Just having the old ones back is fine with me.

Getting the old look back would be even better.

Very little i would change with the previous look & feel.

Good balance of form & function.
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Sep 20,, 13:28.

Comment

• ^ Second that. The old theme was better. Could we please get it back?
                              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                                ^ Second that. The old theme was better. Could we please get it back?
                                We will absolutely try to make that happen, or at least as close as possible with the current vBulletin release and tools.

Comment

Working...
                                X