No announcement yet.

Forum Restored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. Smileys should be an easy fix. We will try and address that by tomorrow.

2. In regards to the “Not Secure” warning they SSL cert is valid and Chrome should handle this the same on desktop and mobile. Can you try clearing browser cache and session and hard refreshing the page please?

3. In regards to a post being blocked can anyone seeing this please post a screenshot or the error? I suspect it may be due to some new vBulletin board functionality being blocked by the Web Application Firewall (WAF) rules. We will try track this down.

4. There are still a bunch of configuration items in this new version of vBulletin that need to be set.

Thanks for everyone’s patience while we continue to tweak things!

Comment

• Aha, this time clicking on the notification alert brought me straight here. So it is working

Well,i didn't click directly but opened a new page and showed me who quoted me and clicking the topic thread got me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
        3. In regards to a post being blocked can anyone seeing this please post a screenshot or the error? I suspect it may be due to some new vBulletin board functionality being blocked by the Web Application Firewall (WAF) rules. We will try track this down.
        I meant the 406 'Not acceptable' errors with the previous board.

I'm still curious how that happened suddenly out of the blue. The board has not been updated in ages and i've not been that religious about having the latest browser.

Yet it affected a number of people, presumably on different platforms as well.

How did things suddenly break like that with no one changing anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          I meant the 406 'Not acceptable' errors with the previous board.

I'm still curious how that happened suddenly out of the blue. The board has not been updated in ages and i've not been that religious about having the latest browser.

Yet it affected a number of people, presumably on different platforms as well.

How did things suddenly break like that with no one changing anything.
          The previous board was an ancient version of vBulletin. Things were bound to "break" or go haywire over time and indeed they did. The 406 Not Acceptable errors were simply the latest, and thankfully last, occurrence. But they certainly weren't the first.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post

2. In regards to the “Not Secure” warning they SSL cert is valid and Chrome should handle this the same on desktop and mobile. Can you try clearing browser cache and session and hard refreshing the page please?
            Chris, I cleared all cookies for this page and refreshed, and it changed to Secure. But when I logged back in, it changed to back to Unsecure.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• https://www.rochen.com/blog/2020/07/...eanup-service/

This will be the cause of the 406 errors which we will get resolved.

Thanks folks.

Comment

• Yeah, the 'like' button is back! WAB has risen again.
                If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Looks good. A major improvement over the previous version.
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Great to have the forum up and functioning.

Is there a 'new posts' function? I see 'new topics', but that is different. It can be tricky to track down what has been posted since you last visit without some way to track recent posts.
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      Great to have the forum up and functioning.

Is there a 'new posts' function? I see 'new topics', but that is different. It can be tricky to track down what has been posted since you last visit without some way to track recent posts.
                      Definitely something I want as well. It'll go on the To-Do list.

Comment

• Got errors yesterday when I tried to log into WAB. Pleasant surprise today morning, HTTPS has made it secure. This new look will take some time to get used to.

Well done Chris, TopH, ARifles and whoever made it possible.
                        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Testing for myself here since it wouldn't allow me to post in the USS Hornet thread. Gave me a 406 error.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 9.54.49 AM.png
Views:	91
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1565451
                            Can you guys see smileys? I can't.
                            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 9.54.49 AM.png
Views:	91
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1565451
                              Can you guys see smileys? I can't.
                              Smileys are still broke. They're on the To Do list.

Comment

• Would be nice to have country flags back.

Comment

Working...
                                X