This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dazed Hi.

Found WAB while looking for info on current events. I have no military service, never worked for a defense contractor, but am the son of O-6 Navy/defense contractor and nephew of an O-6 Marines. Cousin to an O-5 Marines.

Comment

• Welcome Dazed. FYI while there are a lot of military and ex-military types here there are also a lot of folks from non-military backgrounds. Hope you enjoy WAB and stick around.
      If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Hello,I am barangai,living in paksitan right now

Comment

• Welcome aboard .

Comment

• Welcome folks!

Comment

• Hello,

I am not a professional in any field of any sort. I am, however, exceedingly talented at being the village idiot. For fear of being banned (again), I'd like to say my piece here, even though it may only be relevant to one or two people:

After going on my small little tirade, an individual was kind enough to take pity on my ignorance and inform me as to who exactly it was I was speaking to in such a ghastly manner (Officer of Engineers). They spoke of him as though they admire him, rightfully so, as he has accomplished great things in his lifetime. He is indeed a grand and respectable gentleman. This individual proceeded to admonish me for speaking to such a decorated man so disrespectfully - which was altogether proper and warranted.

While I could certainly retract my earlier post and beg for forgiveness and apologize profusely, I find it difficult to do so, in that the individual who holds him in such high esteem has been frequently disregarded by him, and treated by him in a fashion similar to that of an insolent child. This individual is- in my most humble of opinions- worthy of most all the respect that has been afforded to Officer of Engineers, and I find it extremely unsettling to sit idly by and watch as their opinions are repeatedly struck down as being foolish and unworthy by the very same man they regard with such reverence.

Anyways, take from that what you will. I wish you all a wonderful Sunday.

Comment

• This isn't a democracy.But a meritocracy.We like it this way.You are Thersites speaking to Agammemnon,Ajax or Achilles.By your own words.Welcome to us.
                Those who know don't speak
                He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Originally posted by whatadoozie View Post
                  Hello,

I am not a professional in any field of any sort. I am, however, exceedingly talented at being the village idiot. For fear of being banned (again), I'd like to say my piece here, even though it may only be relevant to one or two people:

After going on my small little tirade, an individual was kind enough to take pity on my ignorance and inform me as to who exactly it was I was speaking to in such a ghastly manner (Officer of Engineers). They spoke of him as though they admire him, rightfully so, as he has accomplished great things in his lifetime. He is indeed a grand and respectable gentleman. This individual proceeded to admonish me for speaking to such a decorated man so disrespectfully - which was altogether proper and warranted.

While I could certainly retract my earlier post and beg for forgiveness and apologize profusely, I find it difficult to do so, in that the individual who holds him in such high esteem has been frequently disregarded by him, and treated by him in a fashion similar to that of an insolent child. This individual is- in my most humble of opinions- worthy of most all the respect that has been afforded to Officer of Engineers, and I find it extremely unsettling to sit idly by and watch as their opinions are repeatedly struck down as being foolish and unworthy by the very same man they regard with such reverence.

Anyways, take from that what you will. I wish you all a wonderful Sunday.

Sorry, bud, but the WAB is not for you. I asked you to introduce yourself, not blather on about your banning or your moral misgivings about apologizing for your inappropriate language, which in effect, you've just reaffirmed.
                  To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Hi, I'm new to the forum and I was looking for the best place to discuss North Korean and South Korean issues.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I'm Mopind.

I am currently an undergraduate at University studying international relations and Asian studies. Looking forward to discussing with all you folks!

Comment

• Welcome aboard, Mopind. Hope you enjoy your stay.
                        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Welcome Mopind and Rooivalk

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Howdy All!

Enjoy the WAB.
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Welcome! Come on in, the water is fine!

Comment

• Hi, I am Shamsur Rahman from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am a law student at University of Dhaka (top university in Bangladesh). I am new here. I wanna be a foreign policy expert in future. I wanna work on east-Asia and Middle-east. I need your help.

Comment

Working...
                                X