Slow WAB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow WAB?

I am finding WAB becoming slow. Clicking on a thread or a post within the thread used to be instantaneous but now there is invariably a couple of seconds (sometimes longer) to wait. Is the bandwidth being taken up by all the music videos that have been appearing? Perhaps we should just mention the titles instead.
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Originally posted by glyn View Post
    I am finding WAB becoming slow. Clicking on a thread or a post within the thread used to be instantaneous but now there is invariably a couple of seconds (sometimes longer) to wait. Is the bandwidth being taken up by all the music videos that have been appearing? Perhaps we should just mention the titles instead.
    We're about ready to roll out a pay version of WAB that runs faster. Need to distinguish the two products :))
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Just kidding! The videos shouldn't slow down anything since it's simply a link with a very low-res picture image.

Also, I'm accessing through Germany right now and it's running at the normal speed for me.
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Sounds like you need to run the Disc Cleanup and the Defragment program.

Comment

It's not the WAB it's your ISP.
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
            We're about ready to roll out a pay version of WAB that runs faster. Need to distinguish the two products :))
            I know you're joking Shek, but I actually proposed having a paid subscription over a year ago as a suggestion for avoiding spammers and wannabe fan-boys.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
              Sounds like you need to run the Disc Cleanup and the Defragment program.
              I'll give it a whirl, Davekins. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                It's not the WAB it's your ISP.
                And how perzackly do you know that, Miss Debbie?

Comment

Plus it would mean ye don't have to listen to the atrocious music anymore - my Cornish friend, you are a devious one :));)!

In all seriousness though, it happens to me the odd time as well, I'm not a technical person but the best thing to do would be check the auld internet box, and maybe run a check on your computer.

Does it happen with any other sites?
                  Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                  - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

WAB...............isn't..................slow..... .................on..................my........... ..................computer.......................! ............................
                    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                    sigpic

Comment

And how perzackly do you know that, Miss Debbie?
                      I deal with at least one phone a week where I work with the same complaint. It's not the site that is trying to be accessed its the Internet Service Provider.
                      Last edited by Debbie; 07 Aug 08,, 03:57.
                      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                        I deal with at least one phone a call where I work with the same complaint. It's not the site that is trying to be accessed its the Internet Service Provider.
                        I think you are right. :) I have performed Disc Cleanup (which took a while) but my computer informs me that I do not need to Defragment. I still find WAB to be slow.

Comment

Might be your internet connection, check if other websites are slower than usual. Do all the usual virus/adware scanning and all that too, make sure nothing is stealing your internets
                          Last edited by King Six; 06 Aug 08,, 17:57. Reason: aliens are stealing my internets

Comment

Clean out your temporary internet files.

Comment

Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
                              Clean out your temporary internet files.
                              I did that. They were enormous!

Comment

Working...
                              X