No announcement yet.

The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is wrong with momentum? This was removed by police in Manchester today..

Change the word 'tories' for 'infadels' and this wouldn't look out of place in Syria. We cannot let Labour gain power..

Click image for larger version

Name:	tories.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1471643

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
      As if you would know Toby. One who despises education and disregards a thousand years and more of economic study in favour of 'we can do it' from weatherspoons man. good luck with that.
      And after that little out burst...more like a 3

Comment

What the hell is wrong with momentum? This was removed by police in Manchester today..

Change the word 'tories' for 'infadels' and this wouldn't look out of place in Syria. We cannot let Labour gain power..

[ATTACH]44671[/ATTACH]
        Hate? ..wow
        If only they understood what hate was......

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
          The Republic won its independence in a war
          A guerilla war maybe. these days it would be called a terrorist campaign. (DeValeras vainglorious assault on the Customs house excepted)
          It certainly wasn't the glorious fight for freedom that they make out in the republic. Not that the British 'occupation' was particularly benign either..

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
            And after that little out burst...more like a 3
            Ok, yeah, it was a snotty reply, I apologise

Comment

My friends going on the Manchester Brexsh*t march tomorrow, she sent me this pic of her daughters banner!

[ATTACH]44670[/ATTACH]
              Children should not be politicised. No 4yr old should be used as a proxy in that way sorry.

Originally posted by Toby View Post
              The Republic won its independence in a war
              Because the English gave up.

Originally posted by zara View Post
              Snappy .... Germany? Japan?..good luck with your new found friends
              Pessimistic crap on a biblical scale...must be on good money to un-enlighten us to this degree....
              Irrelevant!
              So no real answers. That is what troubles me. Britain - even England has a real interest in these matters but you do not get it. "Who are you going to replace us with?" will turn into who is your ally in future and a little England will be ripe for the Krauts and Frogs. I would come but our nations need more management and cohesion before we can become a viable third bloc to balance of the power in Europe. You are riding a horse to obscurity and domination long term. You may blame the horse but you would be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                Children should not be politicised. No 4yr old should be used as a proxy in that way sorry.
                Oridinarly id agree, but this girl is bi-lingual. Her mother is spanish and her father is mexican. Her mother thinks she can stay after brexit, but her fathers bern told he will have to leave.

Brexit directly affects this 4 year old so i say fair enough.

Comment

Ok, yeah, it was a snotty reply, I apologise
                  Actually i recind my apology. You never apologise for being offensive so neither shall i.

Comment

• I apologised to Toby not so long ago but you have no reason to apologise as you are not the child's Mother.

Nor do I care if the poor girl speaks 10 languages including Clingon, she is 4 and should be running around with friends her own age and not being used to express her parents political views. I agree with the parents view but I cannot respect their use of their own daughter to voice their views. I would say the same to my Brother if he were to put a European, Polish or Ukrainian flag in his sons hand and take him to a march. I just cannot imagine any circumstances where using your children to promote your own political views would be 'good parenting'. Just my view of course and you and your friends are free to disagree and brainwash your children.

Comment

• Snapper you understand her own father may be deported over this?

If its ok to paint a childs face green white and orange on st patricks day or for a child to wave an american flag on the 4th of July, then this is ok too. I assume you beleive it is morally unjust to bring your child up in a religion of your choosing too?

Its not brainwashing, its about opposing a great evil that has befallen on this particular family because of brexit. She has my full support.

Comment

Snapper you understand her own father may be deported over this?
                        I can understand the parents fears and largely agree with their views but that is not my point.

If its ok to paint a childs face green white and orange on st patricks day or for a child to wave an american flag on the 4th of July, then this is ok too.
                        Yes I object to this. Small people should be playing and free from their parents prejudices.

I assume you beleive it is morally unjust to bring your child up in a religion of your choosing too?
                        Christian morality - whether a person continues to accept the faith and the Church or rejects it later in life when they can think and decide for themselves - is part of what makes us human. The knowledge of right and wrong on the basic level is to learn how to be human and is not political. If I were an atheist I would teach my future child why stealing etc is wrong. As I am a Christian I shall teach him or her the same with reference to my understanding. It is not political but human morality that matters.

Its not brainwashing, its about opposing a great evil that has befallen on this particular family because of brexit. She has my full support.
                        You and your friends are welcome to your view. That is your right. I appreciate your friends concerns and the threat to their freedom. They are free to bring up their child as they wish too - I cannot and would not force them to act according to my views. I merely commented as I shall be a Mother next year (God willing, touch wood etc) and so naturally thoughts on how to be a Mother and prevent my son or daughter being brought up and how to be a good Mother cross my mind. This is one example of parental behaviour that for myself I shall try to avoid. I want my child - and God willing children - to be free of my concerns and prejudices; to be a child while they can. "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child." They should enjoy the innocence of childhood without my concerns impinging on their play. Just my view same as your friends take the opposite view evidently.

Comment

• Four is a perfectly fine age for your first political protest. I went to my first protest at that age too. And i can even remember it - and would still support the same thing as back then today, albeit probably in a less childish and possibly less peaceful manner.

Unlike that one - carefully chosen by my parents to be a fun one with minimum psychological impact - there were protests i attended later on my own and of my own choosing - which my parents didn't like at all - that i would have reservations about today and that i wouldn't take kids to either. Not for the politics. But for that M60 planted on a HMMWV that was casually skimming its line-of-sight across the heads of a crowd i was in when i was eleven for example.

Comment

Snapper you understand her own father may be deported over this?
                            P.S. I'm actually astonished that the Brits haven't threatened him with deportation already anyway, regardless of Brexit. They're after all well-known* for not abiding by EU laws on family residence, especially where it comes to spouses of EU citizens.

* as in there's like a couple dozen cases in active trials against the United Kingdom over this kind of thing, plus admonishment from the EU to the extent that the EP explicitly notes that EU citizens are being discriminated against in the UK in particular in this regard. It's one of the main reasons why the UK does not want the ECJ, nevermind the ECHR, to have any sort of say on their territory.

Comment

• I think from the childs point of view its just a big party with whistles, dancing, drumming and flag waving.

Badly Drawn boy played at the end, so was just a big load of fun. Don't see anything sinister about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post

I merely commented as I shall be a Mother next year (God willing, touch wood etc) and so naturally thoughts on how to be a Mother and prevent my son or daughter being brought up and how to be a good Mother cross my mind. This is one example of parental behaviour that for myself I shall try to avoid. I want my child - and God willing children - to be free of my concerns and prejudices; to be a child while they can. "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child." They should enjoy the innocence of childhood without my concerns impinging on their play. Just my view same as your friends take the opposite view evidently.
                                Congratulations! Will this be your first?

Comment

Working...
                                X