No announcement yet.

The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I remember that painting from Art Appreciation Class in 1975. The Scream by Edvard Munch. I wonder if intentional or they have no clue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
      I said 1871
      1871 was just the final step in the conquest of 1867, sealing it by winning a quick war over France to show off their military power.
      And for as long as there are memorials celebrating - well, positively commemorating - the fallen of the '67 war in Prussian towns calling this a conquest will stand.

It's mostly the Prussians who had a problem with foreign immigrants - mostly the Polish ghettos in the Ruhr - during the Second Empire btw. Given these mixed in with polish-speaking Prussian-citizen migrants in the same ghettos in the western provinces of Prussia makes that part even more odd.

Originally posted by Toby View Post
      You've asked them then?
      Yes? I mean, it's not like they're any hard to find. Sorta like trying to find a Nazi in Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
        Hey I remember that painting from Art Appreciation Class in 1975. The Scream by Edvard Munch. I wonder if intentional or they have no clue?
        It's fake. Picture has been around since September 2016. The room has a painting of some random noble in that place, might be a young Queen Victoria or something like that.

There are only two oil painted copies of The Scream, both located (in separate museums) in Oslo; one pastel-painted is in private hands. The paintings and their about fifty lithograph copies are considerably smaller than that pasted into the picture too.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
          It's fake. Picture has been around since September 2016. The room has a painting of some random noble in that place, might be a young Queen Victoria or something like that.

There are only two oil painted copies of The Scream, both located (in separate museums) in Oslo; one pastel-painted is in private hands. The paintings and their about fifty lithograph copies are considerably smaller than that pasted into the picture too.
          Oh I know its a fake but it was too good not to share!!!!
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Come on Kato no sense of humor? It was obviously a fake, at least to me, since I saw it in Oslo in 1976. Still the juxtaposition for some might be spot on...

Comment

I must have missed that, been busy...So the EU are getting their hard border?
              The EU's hard border????

Please tell me you're saying that to wind me up..

You can't possibly think it's 'their' hard border??

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
                The EU's hard border????

Please tell me you're saying that to wind me up..

You can't possibly think it's 'their' hard border??
                Am not aware of anybody on the leave side saying they want a hard border in Ireland. Must be project fear EU style.

Comment

1871 was just the final step in the conquest of 1867, sealing it by winning a quick war over France to show off their military power.
                  And for as long as there are memorials celebrating - well, positively commemorating - the fallen of the '67 war in Prussian towns calling this a conquest will stand.

It's mostly the Prussians who had a problem with foreign immigrants - mostly the Polish ghettos in the Ruhr - during the Second Empire btw. Given these mixed in with polish-speaking Prussian-citizen migrants in the same ghettos in the western provinces of Prussia makes that part even more odd.

Yes? I mean, it's not like they're any hard to find. Sorta like trying to find a Nazi in Germany.
                  so now People who voted leave are being compared to Nazis?

Comment

so now People who voted leave are being compared to Nazis?
                    Nah, only people who "are about to start mass deportations and ethnic cleansing" as you called it.

Comment

Nah, only people who "are about to start mass deportations and ethnic cleansing" as you called it.
                      Like Stalin......or maybe Fidel Castro....?What happens when a leaders policy inadvertantly causes ethnic cleansing, like Obama in Syria or Bush in Iraq?

Comment

Yes, the Acts of union.
                        A consensual union is not Empire

I said large scale, I didn't refer to individuals. Who roam around regardless of empire.
                        Empire starts when you claim sovereignty over non native soil. The American colonies were imperial projects and Pocohontas merely the start of it's result.

Exactly and that's why the flow has to be controlled.
                        Walls do not work.

Quite!...My Surname has exact spellings in 3 Yorkshire towns and at least 4 derived spellings due to different vowels etc same word though and it Norwegian in origin, or said another way the land that is now Norway
                        Then presumably you wish to return?

Germany hemorrhaged money and lives from 1914-18, financially collapsed in 29..resulting in Hitler in 33 and hemorrhaged more money and lives in 1939-45 and now Germany's indigenous population is in decline..Strange definition of winning!
                        The Krauts sadly learn better from history than the British it appears; you have too many delusions of some 'Golden Age' it appears to me. There was none and British 'Superb Isolation' in continental affairs resulted in two world wars.

In finance, which is all this really is. You invest to gain a profit for your investment. Otherwise it is as others have said..an Extortion Racket!
                        Not sure I understand this so I repeat how do paying £38bn into a club the UK is leaving benefit the UK? There is no return on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                          Walls do not work.
                          The question is:

do you want to be...

or do you want to...

Let's all remember which of those is British.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                            A consensual union is not Empire
                            The modern British Army traces back to 1660, when it was known as the English Army; the term "British Army" was adopted in 1707 after the Acts of Union between England and Scotland, I simply used the same logic to explain The English overseas possessions becoming British.

Empire starts when you claim sovereignty over non native soil. The American colonies were imperial projects and Pocohontas merely the start of it's result.
                            Yes, English overseas possessions

Walls do not work.
                            Don't build one then! Although I did think Banksy's 'Walled Off Hotel' was quite good!

Then presumably you wish to return?
                            To where Yorkshire, Cumberland, Cork or Norway?

The Krauts sadly learn better from history than the British it appears; you have too many delusions of some 'Golden Age' it appears to me. There was none and British 'Superb Isolation' in continental affairs resulted in two world wars.
                            So Prussian/German Militarism is all Britain's fault? That's staggeringly inaccurate, but your best shot yet at surrealism, so I give you a 7 for that one.

Not sure I understand this so I repeat how do paying £38bn into a club the UK is leaving benefit the UK? There is no return on this
                            I explained how money works. If we receive nothing back in return, then it's extortion. You see where I'm going? In Business I sometimes lose money on jobs, but I know in the round I will win more than I lose...Because I maintain good relations with customers which unfortunately means I take a hit sometimes. If not I'd have gone out of business years ago. Its called living in the real world. Which as somebody with your experience you must realise by now? I'm not saying politics works like this, but there has to be a pay back somewhere otherwise whats the point?

Comment

The question is:

do you want to be...

or do you want to...

Let's all remember which of those is British.
                              Pink floyd for me.....musically speaking and the Doors in terms of your point

Comment

• Prefer this one

Click image for larger version

Name:	The scream cabinet.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1471357

Sorry but Can't help but mess...

Comment

Working...
                                X