Surely this cant be right ?? can it ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GraniteForge View Post
    I thought one of the primary indicators of posing a molestation danger to children was being a Roman Catholic priest. Do you know if they are working on a cure for that?

Secular humanism!
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

I thought one of the primary indicators of posing a molestation danger to children was being a Roman Catholic priest. Do you know if they are working on a cure for that?

If you had experienced my childhood, I am confident that you would feel otherwise.
      Parents are not perfect. Given your "tough childhood," would you rather have gay parents that replaced your original parents?

This thread is all about the choice of the court, to grant gay parents. So I want to know what YOU would decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
        Given your "tough childhood," would you rather have gay parents that replaced your original parents?
        I don't normally find any value in hypotheticals, but I will answer this for you.

Yes, without hesitation.

Comment

I don't normally find any value in hypotheticals, but I will answer this for you.

Yes, without hesitation.
          To each, his own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme
            Where did marriage come from?
            How about this:

Male jealousy. Until the advent of DNA tests the only way to ensure that your child was yours was to bind your woman in an oppressive legal and social structure to reduce (obviously, not eliminate) the chance of her being unfaithful. This is directly explained in our evolutionary drive to pass on our genes, not another man's (and certainly not support his ones). Why is multiple-wives polygamy, for example, much more common throughout the world than multiple-husbands? Why is a dude who picks up women a 'player', but a woman who sleeps around a slut? Why are so many religions misogynist - e.g. it's Eve, not Adam, who causes the downfall of Man through cunning and temptation? (One-sided) marriage is the apotheosis, within a nigh-universal lower political and economic status of women throughout history the general manifestation.

It fits, doesn't it.

To each, his own I guess.
            Pity you can't adopt the same attitude for non-religious marriages.

Love happens before marriage for most of the situations.
            For hundreds of millions of women throughout history, I suspect that it was social custom or economic necessity that led/forced them to marry.

If you start a religion where Chuck Norris is god, i'm all game.

Good reason? Yeah every marriage has to be licensed and registered, thats just how the times are now.

I think you should "google" holy ;)
            Cop-out.

I'm single. I can't answer that question.
            Imagine. Hypothesise.

But if you're upset with your girlfriend, you're ranting to the wrong guy. I'd just smack ya and tell you to be a man and stop your crying.
            Don't you have a military to almost join?

Being a tough guy on the Internet... isn't being a tough guy at all.

I had apples for breakfast, thank you.

David, are you an athiest? If you are, I have no interest in talking about religion or anything "holy" with you. No matter what I say or what you say, we can never see eye to eye.
            *******s. I've grounded my arguments in as universal a language as I can. I haven't asked you to take me on faith or trust, and I'm open to a rational argument.

What you're doing here is saying, "Yes. I am a mental midget, probably unfit to participate any remotely intellectual part of Western society." Note that this isn't to do with your religious beliefs; unlike you, plenty of religious people have the stamina to debate and even to consider that they might be wrong. I disagree with them and often heatedly so but I've rarely heard a complete lockout of debate.

Combine that with "oooh, I heard gays have a diseaaaase..." and I suggest you follow Bigfella's advice and seek help.
            Last edited by HistoricalDavid; 02 Feb 09,, 14:40.
            HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
              Ok David , fairynuff mate , fairynuff ,
              For a second I thought you said 'fairy m-ff'. Naughty tankie, back to the NAAFI. Just follow the spilt booze. :)
              Last edited by HistoricalDavid; 02 Feb 09,, 14:33.
              HD Ready?

Comment

To each, his own
                Ever visted Buchenwald?

(In case someone wonders what I am talking about, "Jedem das seine"/ "To each his own" is written on the main gate of Buchenwald, like "Arbeit macht frei" is in Dachau and other KZs)

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
                  For a second I thought you said 'fairy m-ff'. Naughty tankie, back to the NAAFI. Just follow the spilt booze. :)

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
                    How about this:

Male jealousy. Until the advent of DNA tests the only way to ensure that your child was yours was to bind your woman in an oppressive legal and social structure to reduce (obviously, not eliminate) the chance of her being unfaithful. This is directly explained in our evolutionary drive to pass on our genes, not another man's (and certainly not support his ones). Why is multiple-wives polygamy, for example, much more common throughout the world than multiple-husbands? Why is a dude who picks up women a 'player', but a woman who sleeps around a slut? Why are so many religions misogynist - e.g. it's Eve, not Adam, who causes the downfall of Man through cunning and temptation? (One-sided) marriage is the apotheosis, within a nigh-universal lower political and economic status of women throughout history the general manifestation.
                    Why all the negativity towards women? You're not part of an Al Bundy club like "No Ma-am" are you now?

It fits, doesn't it.
                    It depends on what you mean David :))

Pity you can't adopt the same attitude for non-religious marriages.
                    lol, hey hey, I merely stated a point. I have nothing against people for non-religious marriages; i'm in Canada dude

For hundreds of millions of women throughout history, I suspect that it was social custom or economic necessity that led/forced them to marry.
                    Probably...

Don't you have a military to almost join?
                    If you're that interested, you can private message me, i'd be happy to fill you in David, seriously.

Being a tough guy on the Internet... isn't being a tough guy at all.
                    You're right. But I didn't mean to sound tough, I was being jokey. Regardless of how tough I am in person, I'm not one to shy away from being emotional or super caring, but that doesn't make me a weak individual either.

*******s. I've grounded my arguments in as universal a language as I can. I haven't asked you to take me on faith or trust, and I'm open to a rational argument.
                    I'm also open to a rational argument, but it seems you take cheap shots at me every chance you get. If i'm wrong, explain. Or is that just the way your humour goes?

What you're doing here is saying, "Yes. I am a mental midget, probably unfit to participate any remotely intellectual part of Western society." Note that this isn't to do with your religious beliefs; unlike you, plenty of religious people have the stamina to debate and even to consider that they might be wrong. I disagree with them and often heatedly so but I've rarely heard a complete lockout of debate.
                    lol read what I wrote just a second ago

Combine that with "oooh, I heard gays have a diseaaaase..."
                    No one's even answered that question, so how can I think differently? Why be gay when there are beautiful girls out there, its a shame.

and I suggest you follow Bigfella's advice and seek help.
                    In relation to gays??!! Everyone has their own beliefs dude, don't try to force any sh$t on anyone.

If you were gay, what would that have to do with me? I'm not saying you are gay, i'm just making a point.

Comment

i respect peoples sexual choices but i can not approve this.

if this is just a sexual choice than children must grow (so learn) the normal ways,

if it is not a sexual choice but a sickness so it is not good to give a child to them.
                      Last edited by Big K; 02 Feb 09,, 16:42.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

No one's even answered that question, so how can I think differently? Why be gay when there are beautiful girls out there, its a shame.
                        All people start out the same a combination of XX, XY, or XXY. But the base genes are the same. So if a man should be attracted to women, why aren't straight women attracted to women instead of men? There is strong evidence that sexual orientation is at least as much genetic as choice. if your coded to find XY attractive then XX won't cut it and vice versa. It may also be that homosexuality played an evolutionarily role by providing more working hands with few young moths to feed. Some cultures treat gays as closer to their cultures spirit world. The religions stemming from the Abrahamic traditions are almost alone in thier blanket condemnation of sexual leanings as a sin.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                          Breaking News]
                          I have nothing against a persons sexuality , but this, in my mind is WRONG , how will the kids feel when they start to grow up ? will they be bullied ?? constantly have the piss taken out of them at school ??
                          THAT's what's "wrong" to you? What about the local government taking kids from their grandparents against their will because they were too old. Even if that were a valid argument for taking children away from their family, these grandparents might very well have been biologically capable of making these kids. The youngest would have been born to a 42 year old mother. Would you take her kids too?

We can certainly agree that this story is disgusting. More so to see that no one else here seems to care that the government can waltz in and take children from people for no better reason than they can't afford a big legal battle. Threads like this make me want to give up on humanity entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Roycerson View Post
                            THAT's what's "wrong" to you? What about the local government taking kids from their grandparents against their will because they were too old. Even if that were a valid argument for taking children away from their family, these grandparents might very well have been biologically capable of making these kids. The youngest would have been born to a 42 year old mother. Would you take her kids too?

We can certainly agree that this story is disgusting. More so to see that no one else here seems to care that the government can waltz in and take children from people for no better reason than they can't afford a big legal battle. Threads like this make me want to give up on humanity entirely.

If you are going to launch into a rant based on the most slim understanding of the facts (I assume you don't personally know the couple) then at least do us the courtesy of getting those slim facts correct.

The grandparents, aged 59 and 46, had looked after the youngsters almost from birth, according to the newspaper. But they said concerns about their age and health had led to social workers considering them unsuitable to look after the children.
                            Age AND health are mentioned here. This leaves us a world of possibilities. For instance, the barest research uncovers:

Social workers raised concerns about the grandparents' ability to care for the children – citing their ages and ill health. The grandmother has diabetes and her husband has angina.

We don't know how bad each condition is. In fact, we know very little about this case beyond the headlines.

Personally I would prefer the grandparents to have custody if they are able, but I don't have anything close to the information required to make that decision & neither does anyone else on this thread.

As I said before, if these kids were going to a straight couple we wouldn't even know it was happening.
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                              I don't have anything close to the information required to make that decision.
                              The children were living w/ their biological grandparents who were not found guilty of neglect or abuse nor were they even accused of it. They did not want their grand kids taken away.

That's all I need to know. Who owns your kids? You? Or the state?

Comment

Im thinking alot of people have a problem with this because they think the children will be affected in their sexual preference when they grow up id like to see some statistics on children raised by gays and see if the percentage is different then those raised by straights.

Originally posted by Roycerson View Post
                                The children were living w/ their biological grandparents who were not found guilty of neglect or abuse nor were they even accused of it. They did not want their grand kids taken away.

That's all I need to know. Who owns your kids? You? Or the state?
                                I still agree family first choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X