China warns Tibet row could impact French trade ties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean by "say what they want?"

I will vouch right now that there are quite a few Chinese posters posting from China who are openly stating their opinions both for and against the CCP.

Comment

being a chinese from mainland china,i think china's major ethnic minority problem is in xinjiang,not tibet.tibetans got a superstar dalai lama on the world stage,xinjiang 10milion strong muslims dont.tibetan population is small(ranks the nineth among china's minority groups) even compare to other minority groups in china and the land is sparsely populated.

xinjiang muslims have a huge population,many times bigger than tibetans,they have many highly concentrated cities all across xinjiang,xinjiang is the biggest chinese province acounts for one sixth of whole chinese land territory.and they dont look chinese,they look more caucasians than asians.they have their own distinct culture and language.the worst fear is some terrorist groups operating in china are closely linked to many international terror groups such as al-Qaeda,they are capable of doing something really big.

below is the link of a forum for xinjiang uyghurs,this forum is a chinese language forum and operating in china,but still you can see a lot of discontent and criticism.
      http://www.uighurbiz.cn/bbs/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post

I will vouch right now that there are quite a few Chinese posters posting from China who are openly stating their opinions both for and against the CCP.
        That is true!
        Saying Chinese people don't have their own opinion is either ignorance-induced prejudice nor ulteriorly-motivated libelling, IMO!
        With the easy access of Internet these day, different opinions are just enormous on Chinese websites. Which is often accused of by some as blocked access. To certain extent, that is true. We do have blocked access to certain info, but nobody can and is able to stop you airing your opinion on-line in China!
        For CCP, it is highly controvercial here in China itself.
        People's main complaint is CCP corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
          when the re-education camps close and the press is free I will believe the Chinese people are free to say what they want. I have no doubt the Chinese people have opinions. The government is repressive. It just is I mean no insult to the people of China.
          Unfortunately I must say you need to re-educate yrself about yr knowledge of China and its people, which is now going though massve transformation, not least economically.

Comment

You know what is so sad about all this?

Chinese and Tibetans have been screaming to the outside world about each other instead of talking to each other. Have Beijing actually tried to find out what Tibetans really want? Have they actually took a poll as to the daily grinds and what could the central government do to help?

Have the Tibetans actually produced a petition that does not include the Dali Lama for whatever reason?

So instead, the Chinese are shocked the rest of the world listened and the Tibetans are shocked when the rest of the world does nothing.

Well, what the hell did either of you expected?

Do you Chinese actually think that we would turn a deaf ear to a Buddist Monk beggar?

Do you Tibetans actually expect us to fight your war for you?

In the worlds of old Billy S, "A pox on both your houses."
            You have asked very good questions!
            In general, the Chinese put the blame on Tibetan spiritual figure DL.
            When he dies, will things change?

Comment

Originally posted by xizhimen View Post
              being a chinese from mainland china,i think china's major ethnic minority problem is in xinjiang,not tibet.tibetans got a superstar dalai lama on the world stage,xinjiang 10milion strong muslims dont.tibetan population is small(ranks the nineth among china's minority groups) even compare to other minority groups in china and the land is sparsely populated.

xinjiang muslims have a huge population,many times bigger than tibetans,they have many highly concentrated cities all across xinjiang,xinjiang is the biggest chinese province acounts for one sixth of whole chinese land territory.and they dont look chinese,they look more caucasians than asians.they have their own distinct culture and language.the worst fear is some terrorist groups operating in china are closely linked to many international terror groups such as al-Qaeda,they are capable of doing something really big.

below is the link of a forum for xinjiang uyghurs,this forum is a chinese language forum and operating in china,but still you can see a lot of discontent and criticism.
              http://www.uighurbiz.cn/bbs/index.php
              I agree. The Islamic extremists in Xinjiang are more of a real trouble to China than Dalai Lama group.

Comment

On domestic side, the people do take issue with the CCP on many many things.

But on the interntaionl side, the Chinese people and the CCP are amazingly the same on things relating to terrirorail integrity and sovereignty. A considerable Chinese netizens, especially the young people including me, even accuse the CCP is just over-soft in dealing with foreign countries!

Comment

If you know Chinese, follow this link and see how angry ordinary Chinese netizens are, and how same their opinions are towards Sarkozy meeting Dalai! Don't tell me the gov is controliing what they say!

http://comment4.news.sina.com.cn/com...796518&style=0

Comment

Originally posted by Shuimo View Post
                    On domestic side, the people do take issue with the CCP on many many things.

But on the interntaionl side, the Chinese people and the CCP are amazingly the same on things relating to terrirorail integrity and sovereignty. A considerable Chinese netizens, especially the young people including me, even accuse the CCP is just over-soft in dealing with foreign countries!
                    That is because China is weak.

Canada is stronger than China is in Afghanistan and we're not the one sharing the border with Afghanistan.

Comment

Canada is in Afghanistan because America is in Afghanistan,and there are a bunch of weak countries would follow suit whatever american does.china is not there is because that's against our principles.

Comment

Oh really?

We are dictating policy as we speak right now. You have absolutely no say on your own border. What does that say?

Comment

america always dictates other nations do things,yes,but its followers are just a bunch of weak ones hoping to be protected by their big brother.china is not one of those spineless nations and always ready to stand up to the bullies.china went to war in 1950s 1960s and 1970s against america,soviet union,india and vietnam.so i dont think any country can really dictates china.

Comment

Ok, let me try to get through to you once more.

Canada is running an entire province in Afghanistan. Nothing goes on in Khandahar without Canadian approval. Get it?

So where is Chinese approval needed in Afghanistan, your neigbour?

And let's see - Korea - failed your OPOBJ
                            Sino-Soviet Clash - China retreated 100 miles from the border
                            Sino-Indo - LOC collapsed - bingo ammo and water
                            1979 1st Sino-VN War - a complete military disaster of unbelievable proportions.

Want to try again?

Comment

korean war was nobody's victory,true,no winners.war with soviet union,not a smart decision,but it proved china's determination and detered russia from taking further actions,but anyway i think that was a wrong move,gave the whole world an war mongerer image.war with india,there was a clear winner.but personally i dont support that war,indian could've been a good friend and ally of china.sino vietman war was fought in vietnam,not in china,it is more like a training ground for chinese army,so troops from different military regions all went there to fight for a couple of month and replaced by other units.people see those wars and conflicts from different perspectives,china doesnt really suffer from neither of those wars.above all,china showed how determined that we are willing to fight for our interests.

i think americans want more countries to be involved in afghaninstan ,iraq ect. and now they are trying to pulling back there troops there,i dont think canadian government and people want their soldiers trapped in there.

Comment

korean war was nobody's victory,true,no winners.
                                It was a complete military disaster. The PVA surrounded Eighth Army no less than 6 times and each time, Eighth Army punched through. By the time the PVA reached Kapyong, they were stopped by one single Canadian battalion. Had Eighth Army turned around and made a stand, two entire Chinese armies would have been destroyed. As it was, MacArthur did not and could not read just how badly mauled the Chinese were,

You're an amateur in this, aren't you?

war with soviet union,not a smart decision,but it proved china's determination and detered russia from taking further actions,but anyway i think that was a wrong move,gave the whole world an war mongerer image.
                                Detered Russia? You gave away 100 miles of territory and forced China to spend more money on defence than any other time in CCP history and the money was on useless weapons too. Russia got everything she wanted at the border.

war with india,there was a clear winner.but personally i dont support that war,indian could've been a good friend and ally of china.
                                It was a p!ssing contest to no avail. Your troops ran out of ammunition and water. They retreated to their lines because they had to.

sino vietman war was fought in vietnam,not in china,it is more like a training ground for chinese army,so troops from different military regions all went there to fight for a couple of month and replaced by other units.people see those wars and conflicts from different perspectives,china doesnt really suffer from neither of those wars.above all,china showed how determined that we are willing to fight for our interests.
                                You really believe this horse puckey.

i think americans want more countries to be involved in afghaninstan ,iraq ect. and now they are trying to pulling back there troops there,i dont think canadian government and people want their soldiers trapped in there.
                                We're leaving in 2011 but does not change the fact that China is weak in Afghanistan and Canada is far stronger than China in Afghanistan, your neighbour.

Comment

Working...
                                X