No announcement yet.

UK's Brown won't rule out military action in Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a once-and-(hopefully)-future Anglophile, I say this with lots of love, and just a bit of a sneer:

If you guys would just man-up enough to treat your military like it matters, and start shouldering your responsibilities seriously again, you'd HAVE enough troops to hack it. But your army has been cut to the bone, and the Navy and the RAF, and I'm telling you as a former fan that's sad to see what's become of a once-proud and respectable military that you need to spend some of the TOTALLY mis-placed resources that are just going to the social programs and nanny-state apparatus that (as you all have pointed out above) only makes things worse in a society that simply has no pride in itself. You want your young men to sacrifice for a society that none of the old ones treat with respect? I've not met many Brits that want to defend their country's record, even though it's been one of the greatest (actually, one of the ONLY) civilizing influences on a wicked, fallen world. The Brittanic inheritance has assured that the Anglo countries have succeeded far, FAR better than any other heritage, although it MAY happen that from now on, that legacy may mean that you're remembered for your soccer yobs and a disgusting tendency to crawl in the face of your enemies.

Now, I'm sorry if I've pissed any of my British brothers off, because I really DO like you, and it saddens me to think of the third-rate status that you literally BEG to become, after having re-shaped the world for the better at the height of your power. Don't tell me that you couldn't do even half of what your fathers and grandfathers managed to do with half the population and a tenth of the money that you command now; you COULD, if you but had the will to throw aside the absolutely wasted menu of ridiculous statist crap that is slow ennervating your entire country.

So, where are the troops to come from? Where they've ALWAYS come from: the seas and oceans, and in the air; the beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. Remember those words? If you have to fight Iran, and I believe we'd better be ready for it, or else it's absolutely certain that we WILL have to fight because we were NOT ready, then you CAN do it, but only if you have the will.

Right now, though...all we ever hear is how impossible it is. Which means you'll continue to abase yourselves and crawl when the Iranians make you swallow ever more humiliations.

Comment

^^^ I agree with the above.

It really annoys me that British history isnt really part of the education system. The Empire we once had did not come up when I was at school. And that blows.

When I think how the Navy especially really suck atm, it makes me reallty angry!

Comment

Originally posted by VarSity View Post
        ^^^ I agree with the above.

It really annoys me that British history isnt really part of the education system. The Empire we once had did not come up when I was at school. And that blows.

When I think how the Navy especially really suck atm, it makes me reallty angry!
        What do you mean? They didn't teach you how to colonize in high school?

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post

EXACTLY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
            As a once-and-(hopefully)-future Anglophile, I say this with lots of love, and just a bit of a sneer:

If you guys would just man-up enough to treat your military like it matters, and start shouldering your responsibilities seriously again, you'd HAVE enough troops to hack it. But your army has been cut to the bone, and the Navy and the RAF, and I'm telling you as a former fan that's sad to see what's become of a once-proud and respectable military that you need to spend some of the TOTALLY mis-placed resources that are just going to the social programs and nanny-state apparatus that (as you all have pointed out above) only makes things worse in a society that simply has no pride in itself. You want your young men to sacrifice for a society that none of the old ones treat with respect? I've not met many Brits that want to defend their country's record, even though it's been one of the greatest (actually, one of the ONLY) civilizing influences on a wicked, fallen world. The Brittanic inheritance has assured that the Anglo countries have succeeded far, FAR better than any other heritage, although it MAY happen that from now on, that legacy may mean that you're remembered for your soccer yobs and a disgusting tendency to crawl in the face of your enemies.

Now, I'm sorry if I've pissed any of my British brothers off, because I really DO like you, and it saddens me to think of the third-rate status that you literally BEG to become, after having re-shaped the world for the better at the height of your power. Don't tell me that you couldn't do even half of what your fathers and grandfathers managed to do with half the population and a tenth of the money that you command now; you COULD, if you but had the will to throw aside the absolutely wasted menu of ridiculous statist crap that is slow ennervating your entire country.

So, where are the troops to come from? Where they've ALWAYS come from: the seas and oceans, and in the air; the beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. Remember those words? If you have to fight Iran, and I believe we'd better be ready for it, or else it's absolutely certain that we WILL have to fight because we were NOT ready, then you CAN do it, but only if you have the will.

Right now, though...all we ever hear is how impossible it is. Which means you'll continue to abase yourselves and crawl when the Iranians make you swallow ever more humiliations.
            Sir,

The problem with most modern European armies is that the main population pool is unwilling. It is not "our" war, it is "your" war. The people see themselves as completely independent from the state ideologically wise. The interests of the state are not the interests of the individual.
            Only the lowlives who have no other options (thrown out of home, etc) and neonazi hoorah-patriots join the army. The general population considers you foolish if you want to "die for something that isn't yours".

Heck, I'd love to become an officer. Navy, air force and tanks are closed for me because I stutter, but they told me I'm OK for engineering or tech support forces. I study engineering so my diploma would be compatible with the army diploma, and my officer training programme would be shortened.

I love Europe. The fact that we have the freedom to think, screw, dress, believe and act anything we like without having to think about dubious "morals" and put God in front of every sentence, is something I consider worth dying for, because I've lived in otherwise conditions.
            My fellow Europeans choose to rot away with a joint doing a low-wage job not having achieved anything.

And while I'm the only one who wants to do something, they won't let me. They refuse to give me the citizenship, which they instead give to illiterate Albanian and Arab scumbags (I am not a racist, but only the scumbags come to Europe, the decent ones stay in their home country and help build it up).
            Last edited by entropy; 25 Jul 07,, 15:40.

Comment

Bluesman, the military won't accept senior citizens, so that's me out, and my son was medically discharged from a promising career in the Army due to injuries sustained in Sierra Leone - just another little task we happened to pick up. One nephew was until recently the senior pilot in the last Sea Harrier squadron. He now flies a desk. Another nephew is a Sqn Ldr Hercules pilot, now on an exchange posting in the USA. Some of us still strive.....
              Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                Bluesman, the military won't accept senior citizens, so that's me out, and my son was medically discharged from a promising career in the Army due to injuries sustained in Sierra Leone - just another little task we happened to pick up. One nephew was until recently the senior pilot in the last Sea Harrier squadron. He now flies a desk. Another nephew is a Sqn Ldr Hercules pilot, now on an exchange posting in the USA. Some of us still strive.....
                And that's why I still love you all.

Best to all of you...

Comment

UK's Brown won't rule out military action in Iran | Reuters...
                  Ha! To think some of my US friends thought Brown would shrug off the "special relationship"!!

Originally posted by ENTROPY
                  :) :) :) :) Come to think of it, in history lessons at my high school, we never touched on "Empire" at all. My history teacher said we didn`t cover that subject because we British carry guilt about it and it wouldn`t be very PC. In fact, we never covered the American War of Independence, WWI or WWII, the English Civil War, Ancient Egypt or Greece, the Crusades or the Napoleonic Wars, the Norman Conquest or the Romans....

If you want to know about the Saxons, Angles or Jutes, I am your man! Yawn!

On UK military reserves....
                  We do have about 500 troops left in the "spearhead" force but I think they are manning the bilge pumps in Gloucestershire!!
                  "Liberty is a thing beyond all price.

Comment

Originally posted by TIN MAN View Post

:) :) :) :) Come to think of it, in history lessons at my high school, we never touched on "Empire" at all. My history teacher said we didn`t cover that subject because we British carry guilt about it and it wouldn`t be very PC. In fact, we never covered the American War of Independence, WWI or WWII, the English Civil War, Ancient Egypt or Greece, the Crusades or the Napoleonic Wars, the Norman Conquest or the Romans....

If you want to know about the Saxons, Angles or Jutes, I am your man! Yawn!

Welcome to the Soviet Union, my friend.
                    Stalin's time was never taught because they carried guilt.

Even if they carried guilt, they should at least show WHY they did so. It's their goddamned obligation to show you.

But heck, what am I saying, some restaurants are refusing to serve pork because it isn't politically correct. History teachers have to be an example so they cannot cover sensitive subjects!

It disgusts me, and it disgusts me even more when those politically correct spineless bastards who call themselves teachers speak about the USSR like it was the end of the world. The USSR was, but so are you with your politically correct rants.

Biased history for everyone!

Comment

I have no guilt about the Empire. We did alot of good. Did alot of bad aswell but thats how it works.

Comment

Working...
                      X