No announcement yet.

Africa - WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if tribal boundaries were set, I doubt it would be cease conflict. It's almost as if they enjoy killing each other.

Comment

Zhang Fei]In my view, the problem with Africa is that thanks to imperialism, many nations are crammed into the existing states. If those states had remained a part of the European empires, they would have benefitted from European rule and become quite prosperous, much as the remaining European colonies are today.
      The ex colonies are not getting prosperous because the Europeans made it so. Banish the idea and brush up your history. They are doing well because their resources are no longer going to the colonial power and enriching their economy at the expense of the colony.

The colonial power gave an infrastructure to help itself and that infrastructure in turn has assisted in the meshingwell with the western world and that is the boon.

Unfortunately, they are not, and no European country is likely to want the thankless task of getting these states into shape, considering the high expense of doing so. The solution is likely partition, and the creation of new states along the lines of the European ones, and a return to pre-imperial boundaries, and a reversal of the process under which unrelated nations were lumped together for imperial administrative simplicity. This solution may apply to the artificial states of the Philippines and Indonesia, as well, both of which are competing, alongside Burma, Laos and Cambodia, for the title of the sick man of East Asia, despite having huge natural resources.
      I don't know where you are from, but the world has changed. No one wants to be a slave any more. They rather not eat. However, you seem to advocating slavery though I cannot say whether your country has any connection with being slaves or not and whether you prefer that type of an existence.
      Last edited by Ray; 26 Feb 06,, 10:23.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
      X