X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parihaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Monash View Post

OK. I'll bite. I'm aware of the incident in question but none of the news sources I have seen have labelled the cause of his death as being COVID. Oh, they've reported that he tested positive for COVID all right but no source I've seen has claimed that his death has been registered in official records as having been caused by COIVID. So what is your source?
    Be aware this is from the State Broadcaster.

1News understands this person is Robert James Hart, a father of two who was shot dead in a driveway in the Auckland suburb of New Lynn.

Since his death on November 5, the 40-year-old tested positive for the virus.

Police have since confirmed these details.

“An additional death in Auckland has today been added to the national Covid-19 figures,” the Ministry of Health said.

“This person’s death is subject to a police investigation and the Ministry will not be commenting further on it, at this stage.”

Three people have been charged so far over Hart’s death, and police are seeking a fourth person.

Hart is included in New Zealand's Covid-19 figures because of a change in the way the Ministry of Health reports on deaths.

"The clinical criteria will continue to be guided by WHO definition which is basically to report any death where the person had an acute Covid-19 infection regardless of what the cause of death might be," Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield told RNZ.

"We will be now publicly reporting confirmed deaths as those where the death documents or an investigation has shown that the cause was Covid-19 and we will report other deaths where the cause of death is not certain but the person has Covid-19.

"We will report them separately, and the latter group will be classified as 'under investigation' while we await further information from clinicians or a coroner's follow up."
    Dr Ashley Bloomfield is the current Director General of Health, and is de-facto head of the country since the official govt. notification by the Prime Minister that New Zealand was in an epidemic.

Don't know why you'd need to 'bite', 5 minutes research suffices.

Leave a comment:

• Monash
    replied
    Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    Today I learned that an Aucklander shot and killed during a gang confrontation was recorded as a covid death, because he had covid when he died of his wounds.
    OK. I'll bite. I'm aware of the incident in question but none of the news sources I have seen have labelled the cause of his death as being COVID. Oh, they've reported that he tested positive for COVID all right but no source I've seen has claimed that his death has been registered in official records as having been caused by COIVID. So what is your source?
    Last edited by Monash; 15 Nov 21,, 00:28.

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Even a fucking dumb ass engineer like me can see the fucking moving goal posts the doctors are using to maintain power. Canada's Chief Medical Officer Dr Tam is now saying COVID is an airborne virus but it ain't behaving like an airborne virus. We have examples that it travelled 20-30, even 50 metres. Hey, Dr Tam, THAT AIN'T THE DEFINITION OF AN AIRBORNE VIRUS. Airborne virus floats for MILES!

Stick with the fucking truth! Especially when the truth requires ZERO change in behaviour. 2 metres distance. Wash your hands. Wear a mask. It pisses people off that you're crying wolf! The amount of COVID that can land on you after 2 metres ain't going to make 99% of the population ain't even going to notice and most certainly not going to get them sick nor walking vectors!
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 13 Nov 21,, 07:32.

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    Today I learned that an Aucklander shot and killed during a gang confrontation was recorded as a covid death, because he had covid when he died of his wounds.

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    In my area on Monday, people reporting COVID like symptoms jumped 600% and they're self isolating as a precaution. On a completely unrelated note, deer season started Monday and all of these guys are self isolating in the bush.
    Ha!

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    In my area on Monday, people reporting COVID like symptoms jumped 600% and they're self isolating as a precaution. On a completely unrelated note, deer season started Monday and all of these guys are self isolating in the bush.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    They've found a new color for the map:

Click image for larger version  Name:	covid.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	1578291

That dark purple is for "incidence rate over 1000 cases / 100,000 population in rolling 7 days".

Pink is above 500, dark red above 250, red above 100, orange above 50 and dark yellow (2 counties out of 400 in Germany...) is above 25.

The grey county in the Northeast claims to be unable to deliver data due to a cyber attack on public administration IT infrastructure ... a month ago, mostly because they're manually checking through 4,000 client systems for remnants. Whenever that's resolved cases from the county will be back-entered. They're probably at an incidence rate of around 200-250 based on their neighbors.

So far the fourth wave has had about 1 million infected in the country. Third wave was 1.1 million in total, second wave was 1.5 million total, first wave about 0.2 million, the intervals inbetween the waves amounted to about 0.1 million per month average.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Is this a Republican state he asks tongue in cheek?
    It's a Christian Social state, with all the baggage that brings ;-)

The head of the minority partner in the state's government (deputy head of government) was famously known for being vocal about not being vaccinated and trying to curry favour with anti-vaccers especially during the time of the federal election - during the summer he actually talked about "Apartheid" and a "hunt on the unvaccinated". He had to provide new PCR tests every time in order to attend government meetings throughout the last half year or so as the only unvaccinated person in the cabinet.

The guy outed himself as actually just having gotten his second jab the very same day the state of emergency was called and publicly stated that the current conditions in hospitals were his reason to do so.

In true Bavarian fashion news media in the state (and only there) commented about it by quoting Luke 15:7 - "I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."
    Last edited by kato; 12 Nov 21,, 09:56.

Leave a comment:

• tbm3fan
    replied
    Kind of looks like Bavaria is going off the cliff similar to several US states such as North Dakota. Is this a Republican state he asks tongue in cheek?

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    Bavaria has formally entered a state of emergency again today as a measure to combat the pandemic.

The decision came after both the number of daily cases went above 10,000 and the highest-incidence county in the state jumped from about 800 to 1140 rolling incidence between monday and wednesday. The statewide incidence is 427, split into an already high 98 among vaccinated and 953 (!) for unvaccinated. Mapped out:

Click image for larger version  Name:	bayern.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	1578265
    They may as well just paint it black.

The incidence state-wide is above 500 for all age groups below 20 btw.

20% of counties have run out of ICU beds, among the remainder free capacity is at about 10%.

The state of emergency mostly reactivates direct lines of control from the government to civil protection units for coordination purposes, amounting to up to 470,000 people in Bavaria that can now be called up if necessary. In theory it also allows drafting any other personnel and material required; in addition it allows setting up anything up to full lockdowns, quarantining of particular areas or other restrictions of civil rights. It also allows central redistribution of patients between hospitals.

The Bavarian Red Cross has welcomed the decision as they expect measures to be taken will reduce their currently high workload.

The last covid-related state of emergency in Bavaria lasted from Dec 9th 2020 to June 4th 2021, so this one might be in effect for a while too.

Edit, P.S.: Outdated Stars and Stripes article from the day before.
    Last edited by kato; 11 Nov 21,, 16:20.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

Pete, what is/are the cause(s) of the slow vaccine rollout...production? Purchase?
    Everything.

The background here is a federal government & PM who NEVER take responsibility for hard decisions. it is ALWAYS somoene else's fault or responsibility. At this point it is clear this is a feature, not a bug.

The Federal Government was in charge of production, purchase and rollout. They screwed up. Part of that was choosing to manufacture AZ, which became unpopular after some hysterical media reporting about potential side effects. We'll call that one bad luck. Beleiving they had all they needed the government ignored Pfizer to the point where it took an interevention from a former PM who is no longer in politics to kick start that supply chain.

Then there was the rollout, which was supposed to be done through GP clinics. This was ALWAYS going to be a clusterfuck. My GP saw it coming months out, so did many. In the end state governments had to set up huge vaccination centres & beg the federal government for vaccine supplies to get this done. They could have secured supplies months earlier, which would have meant we avoided the worst of Delta and most of the recent lockdowns. Of course, the feds are taking all credit & no blame. Same shit, different day.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied

That"s a a far higher death toll than us!!! We have a little less than half that population but only about 1450 deaths.
    The immediate region i live in is even higher proportionally, at 2,814 deaths and 138,302 cases as of today. 5,478 new cases in the last 7 days, about 75 Covid patients in ICU right now.

That's for a population of 2,414,552. Basically 50% more deaths than all of Australia on less than one-tenth the population.

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    Victoria will hit 90% in a couple of weeks. Still racking up 1000 cases & 5-10 deaths per day, but the trend is in the right direction.

It is a pity the acquisition & rollout of vaccines wasn't handled competently. We could have been hitting these numbers months ago with the attendant lives saved etc. We've done better than most nations, but we have still underperformed relative to what we could & should have done.
    Pete, what is/are the cause(s) of the slow vaccine rollout...production? Purchase?

Leave a comment:

• Monash
    replied
    Originally posted by kato View Post
    We're at ... let me check ... 65.3% of the population vaccinated in Baden-Württemberg. That's 73.7% of those eligible for vaccination (i.e. age 12 or older).

We did hit a milestone of sorts though this week. One in one-thousand people in the state have died from Covid, currently at 11,163 deaths out of a population of 11,103,043.
    That"s a a far higher death toll than us!!! We have a little less than half that population but only about 1450 deaths.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    We just passed a milestone here in NSW. 90% of the over 16s fully vaccinated!
    We're at ... let me check ... 65.3% of the population vaccinated in Baden-Württemberg. That's 73.7% of those eligible for vaccination (i.e. age 12 or older).

We did hit a milestone of sorts though this week. One in one-thousand people in the state have died from Covid, currently at 11,163 deaths out of a population of 11,103,043.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X