777 missing with 239 souls on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    I wont believe a thing anyone says until 5 years pass after they find debris from the plane.
    If they find it. Another problem with the stealing of the airplane theory that I was thinking about, was about the passengers. I can theorize about how you could prevent cell calls- no service available, cell phone jammer, phones collected by accomplices, etc., but unless you landed the plane right in Malaysia somewhere how do you keep 239 people docile for 7 hours? 7 hours being the time period that supposedly engine pinging occurred for. On 9/11, the 2 planes from Boston had a very short flight time, with passengers believing that it was a traditional hijacking. On flight 93 there was a longer flight time and the people were aware of what was in store for them and rose up against the hijackers. No one flying now is unaware of what occurred on 9/11 and I find it a bit difficult to believe they would sit docile for 7 hours. The plane may well have met the same fate as flight 93 which might make it near impossible to find without considerable luck and long searching.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
      I think your wrong S/B , that plane is in the sea IMO, citanons post num 264 ref a view from an experienced pilot , is the view im running with . Hopefully he and I are wrong and they will be found alive and well , but its a very slim chance ater the time passed
      The only problem with that is that the last verbal communication occurred 12 minutes after the data link and transponder were turned off and the pilot, if that's who it was, reported "all right, good night" and made no report of difficulties. Rereading my last post though, I realized that if the engines were pinging satellites for hours as reported then the passengers couldn't have crashed it. Weirder and weirder. Could the data link try to update even if the engines aren't running? Battery or capacitor powered maybe?
      I found this article regarding an earlier engine fault the B777 had. Engine parts from Boeing 777 carrying 258 people fell 15,000ft onto Hertfordshire village striking property after mid-air fault | Mail Online
      Wouldn't be the first time a thrust reverser caused a crash if this happened- but wouldn't a failure cause data to be sent out?
      Strangerer and strangerer.

Comment

• Finally they have asked for the help of FBI. I don't know what the fuck took them so long. There is no shame in seeking help when stakes are high as this .. just pure incompetence...

FBI trying to recover data deleted from captain

A U.S. official says the Malaysian government is seeking the FBI’s help in analysing any electronic files deleted last month from the home flight simulator of the pilot of the missing Malaysian plane.The official says the FBI has been provided electronic data to analyse.
        Malaysia’s Defence Minister says investigators are trying to restore files deleted last month from the simulator used by the pilot, Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah. Files containing records of simulations carried out on the programme were deleted on February 3.
        Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 with 239 people aboard disappeared on March 8 on a night flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday. U.S. investigators are prepared to help any way they can.
        Last edited by commander; 19 Mar 14,, 20:32. Reason: Quotation

Comment

• Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
          If they find it. Another problem with the stealing of the airplane theory that I was thinking about, was about the passengers. I can theorize about how you could prevent cell calls- no service available, cell phone jammer, phones collected by accomplices, etc., but unless you landed the plane right in Malaysia somewhere how do you keep 239 people docile for 7 hours? 7 hours being the time period that supposedly engine pinging occurred for. On 9/11, the 2 planes from Boston had a very short flight time, with passengers believing that it was a traditional hijacking. On flight 93 there was a longer flight time and the people were aware of what was in store for them and rose up against the hijackers. No one flying now is unaware of what occurred on 9/11 and I find it a bit difficult to believe they would sit docile for 7 hours. The plane may well have met the same fate as flight 93 which might make it near impossible to find without considerable luck and long searching.
          If it was the 'pilots deliberately did it thesis', which of course we do not know but are merely speculating. It was night time, most of the passengers would have been resting, darkness would have impeded any view of outside the windows. If the pilot/pilots quietly steered off course, most of the passengers would not have noticed.

Comment

• Just saw the latest on the news. During a press conference in Malaysia the event was crashed by two Chinese family members, from China, screaming why they haven't been told anything. Malaysian security dragged them out of the press conference. Later A CBS reporter went to talk to these people and was prevented by Malaysian security. The reason given that the families didn't want to talk to anyone.

Wow! Malaysia besides being clearly inept and incompetent in their handling are now being heavy handed in their treatment of family members wanting answers. Malaysia looking very bad with a well deserved black eye.

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Peddicabby!

I need that picture!!!!
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
                  The only problem with that is that the last verbal communication occurred 12 minutes after the data link and transponder were turned off and the pilot, if that's who it was, reported "all right, good night" and made no report of difficulties. Rereading my last post though, I realized that if the engines were pinging satellites for hours as reported then the passengers couldn't have crashed it. Weirder and weirder. Could the data link try to update even if the engines aren't running? Battery or capacitor powered maybe?
                  I found this article regarding an earlier engine fault the B777 had. Engine parts from Boeing 777 carrying 258 people fell 15,000ft onto Hertfordshire village striking property after mid-air fault | Mail Online
                  Wouldn't be the first time a thrust reverser caused a crash if this happened- but wouldn't a failure cause data to be sent out?
                  Strangerer and strangerer.
                  Well, the fire -> emergency landing theory doesn't seem so viable with the latest data:

Objects found in Malaysia Airlines search | News.com.au

3000 km off Perth Australia....... WTF was it doing out there?

'Best Lead': Possible Parts of Missing Jet Spotted Off Australia - NBC News

Attached Files
                  Last edited by citanon; 20 Mar 14,, 07:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                    3000 km off Perth Australia....... WTF was it doing out there?
                    Its been some time now. Ocean currents?

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                      Its been some time now. Ocean currents?
                      So according to this, it looks like it would have started further West then moved towards Australia to its current position. Of course, this doesn't take into account the winds at this time of the year:

http://msi.nga.mil/MSISiteContent/St...N/Chapt-32.pdf

Comment

• Citanon, thanks for the chart. Is there a way to predict speeds of drift of the ocean currents and then back calculate where exactly it went down (and debris started drifting from)? I know there would be many other factors (like wind, temperature, etc.), but could they also be compensated for in some sort of algorithmic mathematical modeling?

Comment

• DO you know the time of impact in the first place? Oh and when you do the currents math, add these, too.

Hope your supercomputer and math skills are good.
                          Last edited by Doktor; 20 Mar 14,, 11:45.
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Citanon, thanks for the chart. Is there a way to predict speeds of drift of the ocean currents and then back calculate where exactly it went down (and debris started drifting from)? I know there would be many other factors (like wind, temperature, etc.), but could they also be compensated for in some sort of algorithmic mathematical modeling?
                            Yes, that's pretty much what the authorities will be doing.

However, if we just do a rough estimate, then lets say 1 to 10 km/h for 9 days along the current would give about 250 km to 2500 km further west or maybe north west.
                            Last edited by citanon; 20 Mar 14,, 11:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              DO you know the time of impact in the first place? Oh and when you do the currents math, add these, too.

Hope your supercomputer and math skills are good.
                              I was merely asking a question bro. Blood glucose dipping?

If you find the debris somewhere, and assume that nothing stays stationary in an ocean unless anchored to the ocean floor, then it theoretically could be possible to backtrack and find where it came from x days/hours ago (that being the outside limit of the flight time possible on the fuel the jet had available on take off).

Comment

I was merely asking a question bro. Blood glucose dipping?
                                Busted! It's almost launch time and I am awake since 4 am.

If you find the debris somewhere, and assume that nothing stays stationary in an ocean unless anchored to the ocean floor, then it theoretically could be possible to backtrack and find where it came from x days/hours ago (that being the outside limit of the flight time possible on the fuel the jet had available on take off).
                                I understand the principle, just too many variables and unknown time-frame doesn't make it such a simple task as it sounded in your first post.
                                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                                X