No announcement yet.

The Army Should Rid Itself Of Symbols Of Treason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One last question also. Is there a military base in Georgia that still needs to be renamed would it cause ructions if it was renamed Fort Sherman? (I think I know the answer BTW but I thought I should ask anyhow.)
    Last edited by Monash; 27 Aug 23,, 23:28.
    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monash View Post
      One last question also. If there a military base in Georgia that still needs to be renamed would it cause ructions if it was renamed Fort Sherman? (I think I know the answer BTW but I thought I should ask anyhow.)
      I'm sure it'll be fine....

“He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Part of me wishes they just changed it to 'Fort Thomas'. :D

sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

One last question also. If there a military base in Georgia that still needs to be renamed would it cause ructions if it was renamed Fort Sherman? (I think I know the answer BTW but I thought I should ask anyhow.)
          Fort Sherman has already existed. It was the name for the major US Army base in Panama. And Fort Sheridan was near Chicago. There remain 2 forts remaining in Georgia...Forts Gordon & Stewart. Gordon is named for Confederate general John B Gordon. It is the home to the US Army Signal Corps School and US Army Cyber Command and is located next to the NW Georgia city of Augusta. It is being renamed FT Eisenhower for Ike. Ike golfed a LOT at nearby Augusta National Golf Club (home of The Masters). The other is Ft Stewart located near Savannah on the coast. It is named for Brigadier Daniel Stewart, a Revolutionary War hero from Liberty County so need to change.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

Part of me wishes they just changed it to 'Fort Thomas'. :D
            There used to be a Fort Thomas in Kentucky. It was established in 1880 and closed in 1964. It's remaining work was transferred to Blue Grass Army Depot.
            Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

I keep using the current name as a rule until the switch happens. That is the guidance we are currently following at work. The changes are far reaching. We are having to make changes to our software because several of our servers have Bragg in their names...had several named Lee we couldn't change until after midnight. Change too soon and customers can't reach you.
              Is that when the name changes to "The Lt Michael Sparks Air-Mech Strike Center of Excellence"? Or is it just the XVIII Airborne Corps HQ Building that will be called that at Ft Liberty?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

Is that when the name changes to "The Lt Michael Sparks Air-Mech Strike Center of Excellence"? Or is it just the XVIII Airborne Corps HQ Building that will be called that at Ft Liberty?
                NCOs should be seen and not heard.
                Mark Twain

Comment

...Lt Michael Sparks...
                  A cursory websearch quickly finds him and the associated subject matter.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-sparks-a6248620

http://combatreform.org/mikesparksm113gavin.htm

http://combatreform.org/atb.htm

Click image for larger version

Name:	yo81osxb4u161.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1599523
                  Last edited by JRT; 15 May 23,, 22:50.

Comment

NCOs should be seen and not heard.
                    Funny, I thought the main part of a (senior) NCO job was and still is being heard. Often but even more importantly loudly.
                    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Funny, I thought the main part of a (senior) NCO job was and still is being heard. Often but even more importantly loudly.
                      We suffer them grudgingly
                      Mark Twain

Comment

I actually had to look Mike Sparks up. He wasn't wrong with his initial point that the M113 could have been upgraded (a bit). We actually did it with ours a few years ago and I believe some of them are in Ukraine now. Stretched hull, bigger engines, upgraded armor, a turreted .50 cal and up to 10 passengers in the troop carrier version.

It's after that initial point that he started to achieve his current level of 'fame' in US military circles.
                        Last edited by Monash; 17 May 23,, 00:14.

Comment

I actually had to look Mike Sparks up. He wasn't wrong with his initial point that the M113 could have been upgraded (a bit). We actually did it with ours a few years ago and I believe some of them are in Ukraine now. Stretched hull, bigger engines, upgraded armor, a turreted .50 cal and up to 10 passengers in the troop carrier version.

It's after initial point that he started to achieve his current level of 'fame' in US military circles.
                          His "website" is an absolute house of horrors. Seriously, that guy is REALLY unhinged, probably some kind of histrionic personality disorder.
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

His "website" is an absolute house of horrors. Seriously, that guy is REALLY unhinged, probably some kind of histrionic personality disorder.
                            Hmm... I can see a him occupying a senior position in the next Trump Administration. Secretary of Defence?

Comment

Hmm... I can see a him occupying a senior position in the next Trump Administration. Secretary of Defence?
                              Thank GOD I will be retired by then in case this happens.

As for modding the M113...upgrading for the US would be a matter of scale. I believe Oz had 400 +/-. The US had tens of thousands. We needed to match or exceed the BMP-1/2 as well which is what the Bradley was built to do. The M2 .50 caliber couldn't defeat either model of BMP.
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Thank GOD I will be retired by then in case this happens.

As for modding the M113...upgrading for the US would be a matter of scale. I believe Oz had 400 +/-. The US had tens of thousands. We needed to match or exceed the BMP-1/2 as well which is what the Bradley was built to do. The M2 .50 caliber couldn't defeat either model of BMP.
                                How about 'flat Earth girl' for Secretary of Education?

Hey, this could even be the start of a new game here on WAB. Instead of fantasy football we can play fantasy Trump Cabinet by selecting the 'cream of the crop' from all the new MAGA politicians that are springing up based on their public pronouncements and/or actions as reported in the news?
                                Last edited by Monash; 26 May 23,, 13:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X