The 2019-2020 Impeachment, Trial and Acquittal of Donald John Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    So you are arguing that Volker and Sondland and everyone else - even Guiliani - were acting without instructions from Trumpkin?
    Well no. Volker and Sondland argue that, IN THEIR TESTIMONY

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	2
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1478544
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      In reverence to our at-times completely tangential conversations and how you unfailingly tend to cheer me up, I give you a wee gem from three years ago

This is the reason the Ukranians elected a comedian. They're the only ones who talk straight these days : D

I'm looking at the comments and people are saying RIP, damn it we're not getting another then : (
      Last edited by Double Edge; 29 Dec 19,, 03:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        This is the reason the Ukranians elected a comedian. They're the only ones who talk straight these days : D

I'm looking at the comments and people are saying RIP, damn it we're not getting another then : (
        Didn't we used to have a "like" button somewhere?
        Unfortunately no, John Clarke passed away, reportedly from having too good a time of it. "It's a bloody circus Bryan"

Leibniz

Comment

• [QUOTE=Parihaka;1059594]Well no. Volker and Sondland argue that, IN THEIR TESTIMONY

So you are saying they ALL acted without any instructions from Trumpkin? A black op?

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
            So you are saying they ALL acted without any instructions from Trumpkin? A black op?
            Good Lord no my synaptically challenged little friend. If you cast your mind back into the dim dark recesses of an hour and a half ago, you will notice what I actually said was this:
            As per the above testimony, the assumption by both ambassadors that aid was tied to specific investigations was never told to them by any other person on earth let alone anyone in the Trump administration, but was reasonable on their part given the Obama administrations constant tying of aid via Joe Biden with various quid pro quo.
            And thus the circle is complete. See what I did there?

Leibniz

Comment

• So now you say that Sondland, who apparently gave $1m to the Trumpkin inauguration to get appointed, was somehow influenced by Biden? Are you sure? Where is your proof?

Sondland was told by either Trumpkin or Guiliani that it was a deal or what was Guiliani, the Orange fools fool, doing in Ukraine? Apparently he says we had 1000 troops looking for him in Kyiv - it's BS; the SBU knew which hotel and which room he stayed in but basically let him talk to who whoever he wanted - we are stupid like that.

And yes I am small but I am not "synaptically challenged" nor your "friend".
              Last edited by snapper; 29 Dec 19,, 05:18.

Comment

Sondland was told by either Trumpkin or Guiliani that it was a deal
                Already dealt with
                Well, no.
                One of the things I find most delightful about your persona is the willingness to repeat the same lie repeatedly even when shown to be false.
                Turner: “So, you really have no testimony that ties President Trump to a scheme to withhold aid from Ukraine in exchange for these investigations?”
                Sondland: “Other than my own presumption.”
                Originally posted by snapper View Post
                nor your "friend".
                I know dear, it's called condescension ( 2: voluntary descent from one's rank or dignity in relations with an inferior ) for your future reference, and the reason for it is bolded above.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                  GVChamp,

eh, there's the mob...and then there's the howling mob.

given the way House seats are apportioned, there's an enormous incentive for Pelosi to run as legalistic and moderate a process as possible, even knowing that impeachment by definition is going to be a political act. she needs to protect her new moderates whom just won the House for her.

the House GOP simply has no similar pressure to moderate because -their- base is the likeliest reason for any of their members to get kicked out.

re: the Senate, it was designed as a more elitist political grouping but the last thirty years have essentially just made them like the House. look at the statements by McConnell and Graham, does that strike you as quote unquote elder statesmen and lions of the Senate behavior?
                  Not saying that you are wrong, just saying that the constitutional House rules are a pretty low-bar because the House is a pretty low institution. Pelosi obviously did not want to go this route, but she has been pressured into it, and she now has enough ammunition to make this politically viable. It's not really unreasonable to demand the House set-up different standards for this kind of procedure, though, particularly since the House is structured as such to allow this process to just become a partisan attack for an unlimited period of time. Basically, people are free and reasonable to demand higher standards. The GOP is obviously going to be hypocritical (due process for me, none for thee!) but that doesn't make them wrong.
                  "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                    Not saying that you are wrong, just saying that the constitutional House rules are a pretty low-bar because the House is a pretty low institution. Pelosi obviously did not want to go this route, but she has been pressured into it, and she now has enough ammunition to make this politically viable. It's not really unreasonable to demand the House set-up different standards for this kind of procedure, though, particularly since the House is structured as such to allow this process to just become a partisan attack for an unlimited period of time. Basically, people are free and reasonable to demand higher standards. The GOP is obviously going to be hypocritical (due process for me, none for thee!) but that doesn't make them wrong.
                    Impeachment is non-seriously non-serious. This is the extract of the last 10 pages after 23 pages of confirmation bias.

The media shorthand and early celebrations came out to be more embarrassing as Ms Pelosi has lost her alacrity which she showed for the first half.

Comment

Already dealt with
                      Well no you haven't as you are now saying that Sondland, Taylor, Guliania (and his now indicted pals) were "influenced" by Biden to get a sham investigation into his son and himself started in Ukraine. That makes no sense but is your current position. Nor can you answer my question as to why Marie Yovanovitch, who did urge the Ukrainian authorities to fight corruption often and loudly, was fired. Some more questions you need to answer are matters regarding Guiliani's 'friends' Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman: Why did Parnas give Guiliani $500,000 that he had been given by Dmytro Firtash - a pal of 'Don Semyon' Mogilevich - fighting extradition to the US where he faces charges of fraud and money laundering. Parnas' Wife also received a further $1m in her bank account which came direct from Moscow... and these are friends of the 'stable genius' you try to excuse and worked with his 'personal lawyer' Guliani to help him get a sham investigation opened into Biden - they were payed by Moscow to help Trumpkin. Why would they do that do you think?

I know dear, it's called condescension ( 2: voluntary descent from one's rank or dignity in relations with an inferior ) for your future reference, and the reason for it is bolded above.
                      I may be smaller than you - maybe younger too but 'inferior' to you I clearly am not as can be seen from your pathetic attempts to justify a lying criminal idiot who has been hand in glove with Moscow for years. If you cannot see that - or admit it - just because he claims to be a 'conservative' then you have betrayed whatever former principles you may have had for a false idol. Your egotism in supposing yourself superior in emulation of your idol further demeans any claim you may have to speak of truth or principles. Your moral and intellectual integrity are hollow wrecks sacrificed at the alter of a narcissistic lying criminal. You could not claim moral superiority to my cat so stop kidding yourself.
                      Last edited by snapper; 29 Dec 19,, 17:21.

Comment

Thankyou for your advice but I am a grown Lady.
                        True, and I am a grown man, who knows it doesn't pay to play with lice...

Comment

Well no you haven't as you are now saying that Sondland, Taylor, Guliania (and his now indicted pals) were "influenced" by Biden to get a sham investigation into his son and himself started in Ukraine.
                          Yeahhh, nah.
                          Those are your wacko conspiracy theories, not mine. You've spent the last months claiming them, now both ambassadors have directly contradicted you. Under oath.
                          Sondland was quite specific: Presumption
                          Originally posted by Sondland View Post
                          “Other than my own presumption.”
                          Is English your second language?

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                          ORANGE MAN BAD, PARAHAKA BAD blah blah blah
                          Boo hoo. Have a tissue.

Last edited by Parihaka; 29 Dec 19,, 22:38.

Leibniz

Comment

[ATTACH]48184[/ATTACH]
                            Interesting that you place so much weight on Volker and Sondland's testimony. All caps even.

And yet, with the height of irony, you say nothing at all about the other Executive Branch witnesses that were subpoenaed to appear before Congress...and were blocked by Donald Trump.

To say nothing of the Executive Branch documents subpoenaed by Congress...and were blocked by Donald Trump.

Yes, truly amusing that you cackle and crow, rolling on the floor laughing about the witnesses that did defy Trump's obstruction of Congress....but don't seem bothered in the slightest about people like Mulvaney, Pompeo, Bolton, Giuliani and all the others not appearing, taking an oath to tell the truth, and clearing Trump's name.

And then there's the complete lack of a complete transcript of Trump's "perfect" phone call.
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by ambidex View Post
                              Impeachment is non-seriously non-serious. This is the extract of the last 10 pages after 23 pages of confirmation bias.

The media shorthand and early celebrations came out to be more embarrassing as Ms Pelosi has lost her alacrity which she showed for the first half.
                              Loss of alacrity? Or unwillingness to send charges to a "court" with a foreman and jury members that have publicly, unashamedly, made vows such as:

“Everything I do during this I'm coordinating with the White House counsel,” he said. “There will be no difference between the president's position and our position as to how to handle this, to the extent that we can.” ~ Senate Leader Mitch McConnell

“I am trying to give a pretty clear signal I have made up my mind. I’m not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here...I don't need witnesses" ~ Senator Lindsay Graham.

This could possibly be at odds with the Constitutionally required Oath that all Senators will take before the trial of Donald Trump where they vow, according to Rule XXV of the Senate Rules in Impeachment Trials: ”I solemnly swear (or affirm) that in all things appertaining to the trial of Donald Trump, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help me God.”

But, yeah, it's just a loss of "alacrity". Sure.
                              Attached Files
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• A president has been set.
                                https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...schumer-057950

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Et2PM_wkVb4
                                Last edited by surfgun; 30 Dec 19,, 00:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X