This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
    Fruit of the poisonous tree corrupts the entire process, add in the brady violations and its unlikely any investigation will stick.
    I'll just dangle this out again, from somebody who was a real-life prosecutor, not an internet lawyer, who also happens to be a Republican representative, and was also integrally involved in the Nunes memo, and who you've previously opined so glowingly about:
    REP. GOWDY: I actually don't think it has any impact on the Russia probe for this reason —

MARGARET BRENNAN: The memo has no impact on the Russia probe?

REP. GOWDY: No— not to me, it doesn't — and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it. There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the FISA process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica. The dossier really has nothing to do with George Papadopoulos' meeting in Great Britain. It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier.
    Now if that were true, don't you think he woulda said so?
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Look at Obama and Clinton finances... Didn't think dirty money mattered to ya'll anymore. Or is it just fake moralizing when its the other party in power.
      Both of them did release their tax records. We have seen their finances. In fact we have seen every candidate/Presidents tax records since Nixon. Except Trumps

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        Both of them did release their tax records. We have seen their finances. In fact we have seen every candidate/Presidents tax records since Nixon. Except Trumps
        Trump said he'd release them if Obama released his birth certificate, and he later said he'd release him if he ever decided to run for office.

They'll probably end up getting released in response to some FOIA request in 2029 for documents from the Mueller investigation. Or if they get hacked, lol.

Comment

• Not retroactive, neither was paid and Page was fired
          Yeah, it is retroactive minimization, and doesn't matter if they got paid or not.

From Trump's own mouthy huh, care to cite that? Becuase he did give conflicting accounts but both were based on Comey's actions in the run up to the election and the damage he did to the FBI.
          “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story."

“I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off. I'm not under investigation.”

I find this particularly funny:
          5/11/17: "I was going to fire Comey. Regardless of the recommendation, I was going to fire Comey."
          6/16/17: "I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt"

Dems and rinos... You'd rather have a later term abortion supporter, never saw a honest man she couldn't swindle, a rich man who couldn't buy her and a poor villager she couldn't bomb with extensive ties to dictators and yes Russia as president.
          Don't care about abortion, never have, not even when I was a Republican delegate for McCain and I had to agree to the whole platform and whatnot - it's a pseudo-issue and it's none of my business what decisions other people make. If people don't like abortions, don't get one.
          Last edited by Ironduke; 11 Feb 18,, 21:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
            “Dreaming” about killing Americans.
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-Boston.html
            So you are saying that all DREAMERS are behind illegal pharmaceutical drugs? Is that really what you are saying? Or was that a SAD! attempt at being pithy while avoiding any real discussion?
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Kills druggies dead.
              This sentiment (and to me druggies mean the addicted and the peddlers) is something I agree with. I do want a penny of mine to go to this fake war on opioids. If someone gets addicted it is their bloody problem. Personal responsibility and self control is what matters!
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                So you are saying that all DREAMERS are behind illegal pharmaceutical drugs? Is that really what you are saying? Or was that a SAD! attempt at being pithy while avoiding any real discussion?
                “All” is excessively broad. But statistically significant, is well very significant.

Comment

“All” is excessively broad. But statistically significant, is well very significant.
                  Might as well blame me for the meth epidemic.

I'm white.

Comment

I'm far more worried about the never ending butthurt among the resist movement. Yeah he is crass, a boor and likely a perv and tax cheat. Nothing particularly presidential there in living memory.
                    I guess I've been wondering: What do you see in Donald Trump that makes you defend him so stoutly?
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                      I guess I've been wondering: What do you see in Donald Trump that makes you defend him so stoutly?
                      Opposition to abortion, sound foreign policy, good tax law, deregulation, rebuilding the military. Bill Clinton and Obama drove home that personal matters don't matter anymore, policy is all there is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                        Yeah, it is retroactive minimization, and doesn't matter if they got paid or not.
                        Using a fake dossier and low level flunkies to get a warrant doesn't bug you?

“And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story."
                        It is a made up story

“I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off. I'm not under investigation.”
                        Comey testified before Congress he wasn't under investigation.

I find this particularly funny:
                        5/11/17: "I was going to fire Comey. Regardless of the recommendation, I was going to fire Comey."
                        6/16/17: "I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt"
                        Comey was doomed the minute he took the fall for Lynch. He only survived inauguration because Trump won. Had Clinton won, she likely would have had him fired day one.

[quote[Don't care about abortion, never have, not even when I was a Republican delegate for McCain and I had to agree to the whole platform and whatnot - it's a pseudo-issue and it's none of my business what decisions other people make. If people don't like abortions, don't get one.[/QUOTE]

Killing innocents is everybody's business. Aborting up to half the future black Americans is a serious issue past simply killing innocent human beings.

Comment

• Sorry to stoopid but what is "RINO" and a "yellow dog democrat"? Getting lost in Yank slang here.

Comment

• Chlorine I am told is a chemical weapon - what has he done? Zilch. Nada. Sucking up to Putin and Assad is a foreign policy - he even offered a deal to Iran. Yea some foreign it is to empower the enemy. You have not answered Joe's question - which I second - why the hell are you standing up for a disgrace?
                            Last edited by snapper; 12 Feb 18,, 03:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                              Sorry to stoopid but what is "RINO" and a "yellow dog democrat"? Getting lost in Yank slang here.
                              RINO: Republican In Name Only.

Not sure what yellow dog Dem is.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                              Chlorine I am told is a chemical weapon - what has he done? Zilch. Nada. Sucking up to Putin and Assad is a foreign policy - he even offered a deal to Iran. Yea some foreign it is to empower the enemy. You have not answered Joe's question - which I second - why the hell are you standing up for a disgrace?
                              What do you want us to do? Take over Syria? We are there to fight ISIS and stabilize the border region. We're not there to take over yet another shithole. If Assad stays on his side of the line, fine. If he crosses us, the US hasn't been exactly reluctant to act:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42994235

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                                Sorry to stoopid but what is "RINO" and a "yellow dog democrat"? Getting lost in Yank slang here.
                                'RINO', like citanon said, means 'Republican-In-Name-Only'.

Gets thrown around a lot by ex-Dixiecrat southern conservatives. Basically evangelicals/segregationists who have a very brief history of being Republicans, having mostly only switched from voting Democratic to voting Republican since 1994, and who've taken on the self-appointed mantle of the arbiters of Republican orthodoxy.

So-called 'RINOs' hold 125 or so seats in the House of Representatives, a slight majority of all Republican seats.
                                Last edited by Ironduke; 12 Feb 18,, 12:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X