This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
    Sorry, that doesn't wash either unless you can prove the Russian government paid them ON BEHALF OF the Trump campaign. Good luck with that. And wasn't one of them being paid by Fusion GPS? How does that figure into your prosecutions?
    A person is a volunteer only if they're not compensated by anyone. Full stop.

Natalia Veselnitskaya is the person who is the Russian government attorney in the email to Trump Jr., the agent working on behalf of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump.

That is not a volunteer.
    Last edited by Ironduke; 03 Feb 18,, 06:47.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
      A person is a volunteer only if they're not compensated by anyone. Full stop.
      This is extremely far fetch. So, a McDonald worker is not a volunteer if she passes out campaign flyers?
      Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        This is extremely far fetch. So, a McDonald worker is not a volunteer if she passes out campaign flyers?
        If she's paid by McDonald's to pass out campaign flyers, she is not a volunteer.

Comment

• Before anything else, I think everyone should know what Veselnitskaya actually brought to the table

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/16/...nald-trump-jr/

The Russians were trying to make the Trump team aware of a massive tax fraud case, not emails. Whatever was in Trump Jr's imagination was ... imagination. I just can't see this as a nail in the coffin for consipiracy.
          Chimo

Comment

• A person is a volunteer only if they're not compensated by anyone. Full stop.
            Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
            If she's paid by McDonald's to pass out campaign flyers, she is not a volunteer.
            Now you're contradicting yourself.

Like I said, you need to prove she was compensated by the Russian government on behalf of the campaign. Just being a paid employee by someone doesn't mean you can't be a volunteer.

And since you keep dodging my questions I'll ask again... wasn't she also an employee of Fusion GPS, who the HRC campaign was paying? How does that figure into your argument? Are you or are you not of the opinion that the HRC campaign should be prosecuted for the very same reasons you're arguing here?

Comment

• No, it isn't a nail in the coffin. It is however a valid and legitimate line of inquiry in the Mueller investigation. He'll make the ultimate determination of which, if any, laws were broken. I don't take Donald Trump Jr. at his word on what transpired - he straight up lied about it several times. First he never met them, then he offered several shifting lies about what the meeting was about. Veselnitskaya is not credible either.

That case, by the way, for which US Attorney Bharara was suing for $230 million, was later settled by the DOJ for $6 million two days before it came to trial, after Bharara was fired.

Comment

Like I said, you need to prove she was compensated by the Russian government on behalf of the campaign. Just being a paid employee by someone doesn't mean you can't be a volunteer.
                Quite clearly laid out in the Goldstone-Trump Jr. emails. This isn't a side project that she's doing on her own time.

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best
                Rob Goldstone
                Don

Hope all is well

Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.

I believe you are aware of the meeting - and so wondered if 3pm or later on Thursday works for you?

I assume it would be at your office.
                Last edited by Ironduke; 03 Feb 18,, 07:32.

Comment

Quite clearly laid out in the Goldstone-Trump Jr. emails. This isn't a side project that she's doing on her own time.
                  Except that none of if was true. If she was in fact representing the government, the part you assume IS true despite admitting she's not credible, then they were was in fact lobbying the campaign and not making a contribution, done so under false pretenses. Granted, it still bodes ill for Jr, but it's still not a clear violation of campaign finance laws as they stand.

And since you seem quite reluctant to answer my questions I'll assume you're giving a pass to HRC for a much clearer violation of everything you're arguing to prosecute trump for. So like I said, it's all just political bullshit anyway.

Comment

Except that none of if was true. If she was in fact representing the government, the part you assume IS true despite admitting she's not credible, then they were was in fact lobbying the campaign and not making a contribution, done so under false pretenses. Granted, it still bodes ill for Jr, but it's still not a clear violation of campaign finance laws as they stand.

And since you seem quite reluctant to answer my questions I'll assume you're giving a pass to HRC for a much clearer violation of everything you're arguing to prosecute trump for. So like I said, it's all just political bullshit anyway.
                    I have no doubt she works on behalf of the Russian government, and that she is compensated by the Russian government. I don't find credible her denials and the Russian government's denials that that's what she is.

Hillary Clinton? She's a corrupt sleaze-bag. I'm not a Democrat and I served as a Republican delegate in 2008.

She did fail to account for her spending on her financial disclosure form. The dossier wasn't a contribution or donation to her campaign. AFAIK, the funding and provision of the dossier flowed in the opposite direction of what constitutes a contribution/donation. That being said, I don't care for what-abouts and generally ignore them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                      Before anything else, I think everyone should know what Veselnitskaya actually brought to the table

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/16/...nald-trump-jr/

The Russians were trying to make the Trump team aware of a massive tax fraud case, not emails. Whatever was in Trump Jr's imagination was ... imagination. I just can't see this as a nail in the coffin for consipiracy.
                      “An English-language copy of the memo was provided to FP by News Front, a pro-Russian news organization based in Crimea, which has touted exclusive access to Veselnitskaya.”
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

Hillary Clinton? She's a corrupt sleaze-bag. I'm not a Democrat and I served as a Republican delegate in 2008.
                        I think you'll find that anyone who doesn't support Trump without reservation is now a 'Librul' and presumed anti-American until proven otherwise. The age of nuance is dead.
                        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Strikes me that this 'memo' - which has more holes than a Swiss cheese - may be so 'nothing burger' to elucidate a response/rebuttal from the US CI that actually reveals more. This is quite a normal Muscovite tactic.

Just to put it in context: This week Trump:
                          - Did not apply sanctions on Russia
                          - Invited the heads of Russia’s 3 intel agencies to DC (one banned by sanctions)
                          - Attacked the US Agency that hunts Russian spies.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                            “An English-language copy of the memo was provided to FP by News Front, a pro-Russian news organization based in Crimea, which has touted exclusive access to Veselnitskaya.”
                            Confirmed by FP in a direct phone conversation with Veselnitskaya.

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                            I have no doubt she works on behalf of the Russian government, and that she is compensated by the Russian government. I don't find credible her denials and the Russian government's denials that that's what she is.
                            Whatever the case, this is what we do know. There were no goods exchanging hands that day. The Veselnitskaya meeting is a red-herring by the lynch-Trump mob.
                            Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 03 Feb 18,, 16:02.
                            Chimo

Comment

• As a random side-note, I have to wade into local politics for a bit to stop neighbors from banning Round-Up. As much as the people on political forums strike me as crazy sometimes....good LORD, the general public is so much crazier.

"I hate chemicals!"
                              "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                                I think you'll find that anyone who doesn't support Trump without reservation is now a 'Librul' and presumed anti-American until proven otherwise. The age of nuance is dead.
                                Yep. 100 percent truth. What's funny is that neither conservatives nor liberals know how to react when you torch Donald Trump but also call Hilary Clinton a corrupt sleaze-bag. They don't have any room to maneuver or retort.
                                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                                X