No announcement yet.

Ex-FBI Director Mueller appointed DOJ Special Counsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A visit to RT.com would be very informative for Americans at this time. Their 3 top stories:

Russia must get out of Venezuela, all options open - Trump
    Russiagate diehards can’t let the collusion narrative go, come up with new theories instead
    Journalists should be ‘emptying their desks’ over Russiagate flop, Wikileaks editor tells RT (VIDEO)

Is Trump acting in a way that can be seen treasonous with Russia/Putin. The US deep state will be fully aware of exactly what is taking place and will obviously have to take measures to protect US security and foreign interests.

There can no longer be any doubt that Russia is now considered the enemy by the US establishment, regardless of how Trump sees it. And now we all should know that Trump is being held hostage to Russia's inside information that has the potential of destroying Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by montgomery View Post
      It could be your military background that's causing you to talk in such irrational terms. So to make it simple for even you to understand: Of China's 200 or so, their counter strike against the US would only need to get two or three stateside. France got (has) a bigger arsenal? And the really irrational part aboust you hasbeen hawks is when you start barking about the US using 11,000 nukes. Settle down for dog sake!
      YOU'VE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!

The 1994 Los Angles Earthquake did more damage than the entire Chinese nuclear arsenal combined and Los Angles came out more than ok. Did you NOT read? China only got 25 ICBMs or so. That means ONLY 25 nukes out of their 200 could ever reach the US. Add to this, the standard nuclear doctrine is to target 3 nukes per target (and in case you don't know and you don't, a single city has more than one target) mainly because rockets are unreliable. For Vancouver alone, there are at least 3. The sewage treatment centre (to help spread cholera), city hall, and the police HQ. That is 9 nukes needed just for Vancouver. For Los Angles, this number goes way up since city centers, police stations, and sewage treatment are spread throughout the area.

Would losing 3 cities hurt? Of course it would but China would be destroyed beyond recognition.

Originally posted by montgomery View Post
      I absolutely do and I did. You sound like you're off your rocker in a retirement home!
      Read up first

https://warrenmyers.com/war/Nuclear_Warfare_101.pdf
      https://warrenmyers.com/war/Nuclear_Warfare_102.pdf
      https://warrenmyers.com/war/Nuclear_Warfare_103.pdf

Then you can stop pretending to be a know it all when it is clear you know crap

Read the latest news, I'm just the messenger. Oh, and the UN and the rest of the world aren't accepting it anyway.
      Israeli tanks make it so, not any of Trump's doing and by your own words, Trump did not gift anything since no one is following suit.

No, and I don't see Xi doing the same.
      It is the Chinese who are making concessions, Intellectual Property, Foreign Investment Protections, Open banking reforms, everything the Americans are demanding. To what degree is what the negotiations are all about.

I'm writing my opinions on this board and it seems to me that you're not the one to dictate to me your hawkish gobbledegoop.
      You're a chew toy. You came onto my forum without introducing yourself, without learning who's who, at the culture of this place. This is an international forum and we take insult whenever foreigners start telling us what to do. It is NOT your place to tell Americans how to vote and it is extremely insulting that you pretend it is. I don't like Trump but I am not going to say those Americans voted wrong. I don't get a vote and I certainly ain't going to tell them they should vote my way. Those who do are insulting my friends on this board.

There are a lot of military on this board, more than a few staff ranked.

Yes! You told me you knew of two instances where Russia/the Soviets backed down and I told you of one instance I know of where the US backed down. That was the Cuban missile crisis in which the US had to back down on installed a nuclear missile system in Turkey.
      Yeah, you watched Youtube too, right? Those Turkish stationed missiles were obsolete and slated to be withdrawn. Kruschev could have made a big stink after they were withdrawn and shown the letter to the public and save his job. Instead, the KGB already knew of their retirement and handed Brezhnev the job on the spot.

The 2nd Incident was the Yom Kippur War in which the USN went to DEFCON 3 in response to the Soviet threats of intervention. That meant nukes were ready. That automatically put the rest of NATO on alert. Canadian destroyers set sail with American nuclear depth charges to patrol the Atlantic, ready to sink Soviet submarines. The US VII Corps which included the Canadian 4 Bde was on a warfooting. Ther Soviets did not intervene.

I don't see how that would have any connection to China, Pakistan, or the Zionist apartheid regime??
      It is to show you know crap all about nuclear weapons history.

Are you still unaware of how the Cuban missile crisis was the Soviets' successful response to US plans for Turkey?
      Plans? Those US rockets were already deployed long before Kruschev thought of Cuba. As for sucessful, the number of nukes in Turkey increased 30 fold during the Cold War. Yeah, Kruschev really pulled an ace of that crisis.

Or are you so far off your rocker that your mind can't believe it?
      Considerng that I just wrote about the history of the US nuclear deployments in Turkey, the main man responsible for the Cuban missile crisis, the slight of hand of giving Kruschev nothing and the KGB knew about it, and the resulting increase of the nuclear threat to the USSR, I believe you know squat all and you're proving it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

MAD is just as much a reality today as it ever was.
      Not even close. With around ~1000 readied warheads each and at least 4,000 in component form. Both the US and Riussia would be out of readied warheads trying to take out those component form warheads before they even think of hitting a city ... or do you think both sides would just accept getting their cities hit and then just give up and not ready thier component form nukes?

We could be on the verge right now of another stand-off between Russia and the US in Venezuela.
      https://www.rt.com/news/454901-russi..._notifications
      A light infantry company size deployment is not going to scare anyone.

Do you think Russia/Putin is going to listen, and if so then is he going to demand the US leave his region of power? Hmmmm?
      We already did. The UKR is his mess to deal with.

I don't want a vote but I will express an opinion here for a while.
      Then don't tell the Americans how to vote. It is insulting to my friends.
      Chimo

Comment

• As with you and your thoughts, I'm sure that Russia interfered in the US election, as did the US interfere in Russia's elections.
        i disagree. this is false equivalence.

And I have no doubt at all that Trump's campaign was complicit with Russia/Putin in doing so.
        i have full trust in the Mueller investigation to detail the extent to which the campaign was or was not involved in this type of skullduggery.

Therefore what I suggest is that the FBI, and/or US intelligence agencies are more intent on damage control to a sitting US president than they are in defeating Trump and upholding their own domestic priorities.

All along I think that the Dems considered that Mueller was working to find justice for the Dems' interests, when in fact he was working in the interests of his country.
        i would be outraged if the FBI/US intel agencies focus was on "defeating Trump and upholding their own domestic priorities."

i would also be outraged if the FBI/US intel agencies focus on "damage control to a sitting US president."

those agencies are not tasked with either objective.

I'm saying that this is a lot bigger than US domestic politics now,
        frankly it's not clear to me that this report has any major impact on international politics whatsoever. nations follow their self-interest. most nations subscribe to the US-led world order because it is in their interests to do so.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post

i have full trust in the Mueller investigation to detail the extent to which the campaign was or was not involved in this type of skullduggery.

i would be outraged if the FBI/US intel agencies focus was on "defeating Trump and upholding their own domestic priorities."

i would also be outraged if the FBI/US intel agencies focus on "damage control to a sitting US president."

frankly it's not clear to me that this report has any major impact on international politics whatsoever. nations follow their self-interest. most nations subscribe to the US-led world order because it is in their interests to do so.
          I'm going to make my position clear to you, regardless of how you feel about it. And I'll also say that I have no real interest in debating it further. I simply disagree with the the perspective most Americans have formed in their minds on the whole Mueller/Trump/Russia issue, and here's why.

US domestic politics are of very little importance compared to the developing struggle for future world power. The details of which I've been suggesting to yoo in my last few posts. So rather than disagree with your views on the guilt or innocence of Trump, I'm taking this issue to a whole new level.

I'm hoping that you and perhaps others will want to come along with me on that.

And to put it all in perspective, I'll remind you of the current situation in Venezuela. Americans of all stripes will now need to come together under the same flag, regardless of their politics. And they will.

Trump is obviously an outrageously terrible choice, but for now he's your president and he's what you've got!

Yes, I fully appreciate and understand your opinion. And I may have more difficulty arguing against it yesterday, before Trump ordered Russia out of Venezuela. I hope we can continue the discussion so I can hear your further views on the issues.

Comment

Because it never stopped being an evil apartheid Zionist regime. Israelis/Jewish people are not all Zionists but the Zionists have control right now.
            Israeli Arabs aren't segregated so where is the apartheid ?

Comment

Knowing the truth is very important to the rest of the world because US credibiility depends a lot on what the rest of the world thinks. Trump's latest illegal move on stealing the Golan from Syria and awarding it to Russia is not being accepted by the rest of the world at the UN, including many of the US's allies. And in addition to that, the US needs the world to side with them on the Venezuela issue, as Russia has now put war planes and troops in Venezuela, at Maduro's request.

The world is becoming a much different place now as China and Russia move in to take the US's place.

This particular issue is an example of the US rallying around the flag and finding that protecting their corrupt president is more important than internal two party politics.

It's their house but the world isn't going to continue to play by US rules. And military power is useless against Nuclear armed powers, due to MAD. (mutually assured destruction) That's a factor that has saved the world from allout world war being started by the US and it will continue to keep us safe.

Thanks for your interest in my comments!
              Protecting their corrupt president ?

Am looking at that bolded bit with eyes of amazement and laughing.

I cannot find a lot of evidence of Americans protecting him of anything, not this president

Its the exact opposite. If they had their way they would want him to go away.

They would like to forget he was ever president.

When you find Russian media more supportive of him than American media, something isn't right because its usually always the other way around.

The most american bashing right now is coming out of the US and nothing foreign gets even close.
              Last edited by Double Edge; 27 Mar 19,, 20:30.

Comment

bfng,

this comes as a surprise to me. tell me, where exactly are we in the impeachment process? what have Democratic leaders like Pelosi and Schumer said in regards to impeachment? and how would "one party" accomplish all of this when the "one party" you are likely referring to controls only the House?

our own intel agencies tell us, with a high degree of confidence, that the Russians influenced our 2016 election to assist Trump.

given Trump's own comments and response to these assessments, do you believe that -any- inquiry into whether or not there was coordination between Russian and the Trump campaign is -purely- partisan politics?

the Barr summary of the Mueller report is that the report "does not conclude" that the President committed a crime/actively coordinated with the Russians. this is followed by the statement that the report "does not exonerate him".

these qualifiers and the very narrow focus on Trump himself vs the campaign is an interesting piece of legalese. these are legitimate concerns that can and should be answered...with the full airing of the report.

On impeachment, are you telling us that this hasn't been one of the loudest mantras coming from the left for two years? and by left, media and politicians alike.

watch the first minute and half in regards to intent.

'He has no chance, so lets focus on undermining her'
                Last edited by bfng3569; 27 Mar 19,, 22:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
                  On impeachment, are you telling us that this hasn't been one of the loudest mantras coming from the left for two years? and by left, media and politicians alike.

watch the first minute and half in regards to intent.

'He has no chance, so lets focus on undermining her'
                  No, that's not what I'm trying to tell you. Sadly you don't seem to have a clue.

What point are you trying to make in the first 1:30 of the vid?

Comment

No, that's not what I'm trying to tell you. Sadly you don't seem to have a clue.

What point are you trying to make in the first 1:30 of the vid?
                    and apparently that wasn't post wasn't directed at you was it?

you're almost amusing.

Comment

If you think they wouldn't put country first then i suggest you're not being realistic.

Maybe you would but that's not ruling out the possibility. And Trump is a mad psychopath who has undoubtedly needed to cooperate with Russia/Putin because of his fear of blackmail.

Those agencies are tasked with protecting their country's interests above all else.

frankly it's not clear to me that this report has any major impact on international politics whatsoever. nations follow their self-interest. most nations subscribe to the US-led world order because it is in their interests to do so.[/QUOTE]

Many nations are moving away from alignment with the US. And frankly, that's a strange thing to say when we all know that Russia has played such a large part of the whole investigation right from the start.

Comment

• On impeachment, are you telling us that this hasn't been one of the loudest mantras coming from the left for two years? and by left, media and politicians alike.
                        you're confusing the left's wet dreams with the practical politics of the Democratic Party.

recall your original assessment is that the Democratic Party is "trying to over throw an election and remove a sitting president for there own benefit."

my rejoinder is that the -Party- has taken not taken -any- steps towards impeachment.

indeed, outside the fact that Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer can count to 67 (ie the number of votes needed to convict in the Senate), there's another can of political worms in that Trump in office is GREAT for bringing out the Dem masses and that correspondingly, any real attempt to impeach the President would also bring out the GOP masses in defense as well.

BTW, i agree with your -original- argument to montgomery, ie the idea that the US body politic is rallying around the flag is ludicrous.
                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• On impeachment, are you telling us that this hasn't been one of the loudest mantras coming from the left for two years? and by left, media and politicians alike.
                          you're confusing the left's wet dreams with the practical politics of the Democratic Party.

recall your original assessment is that the Democratic Party is "trying to over throw an election and remove a sitting president for there own benefit."

my rejoinder is that the -Party- has taken not taken -any- steps towards impeachment.

indeed, outside the fact that Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer can count to 67 (ie the number of votes needed to convict in the Senate), there's another can of political worms in that Trump in office is GREAT for bringing out the Dem masses and that correspondingly, any real attempt to impeach the President would also bring out the GOP masses in defense as well.

BTW, i agree with your -original- argument to montgomery, ie the idea that the US body politic is rallying around the flag is ludicrous.

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                            YOU'VE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!

The 1994 Los Angles Earthquake did more damage than the entire Chinese nuclear arsenal combined and Los Angles came out more than ok. Did you NOT read? China only got 25 ICBMs or so. That means ONLY 25 nukes out of their 200 could ever reach the US. Add to this, the standard nuclear doctrine is to target 3 nukes per target (and in case you don't know and you don't, a single city has more than one target) mainly because rockets are unreliable. For Vancouver alone, there are at least 3. The sewage treatment centre (to help spread cholera), city hall, and the police HQ. That is 9 nukes needed just for Vancouver. For Los Angles, this number goes way up since city centers, police stations, and sewage treatment are spread throughout the area.

Would losing 3 cities hurt? Of course it would but China would be destroyed beyond recognition.

Read up first

https://warrenmyers.com/war/Nuclear_Warfare_101.pdf
                            https://warrenmyers.com/war/Nuclear_Warfare_102.pdf
                            https://warrenmyers.com/war/Nuclear_Warfare_103.pdf

Then you can stop pretending to be a know it all when it is clear you know crap

Israeli tanks make it so, not any of Trump's doing and by your own words, Trump did not gift anything since no one is following suit.

It is the Chinese who are making concessions, Intellectual Property, Foreign Investment Protections, Open banking reforms, everything the Americans are demanding. To what degree is what the negotiations are all about.

You're a chew toy. You came onto my forum without introducing yourself, without learning who's who, at the culture of this place. This is an international forum and we take insult whenever foreigners start telling us what to do. It is NOT your place to tell Americans how to vote and it is extremely insulting that you pretend it is. I don't like Trump but I am not going to say those Americans voted wrong. I don't get a vote and I certainly ain't going to tell them they should vote my way. Those who do are insulting my friends on this board.

There are a lot of military on this board, more than a few staff ranked.

Yeah, you watched Youtube too, right? Those Turkish stationed missiles were obsolete and slated to be withdrawn. Kruschev could have made a big stink after they were withdrawn and shown the letter to the public and save his job. Instead, the KGB already knew of their retirement and handed Brezhnev the job on the spot.

The 2nd Incident was the Yom Kippur War in which the USN went to DEFCON 3 in response to the Soviet threats of intervention. That meant nukes were ready. That automatically put the rest of NATO on alert. Canadian destroyers set sail with American nuclear depth charges to patrol the Atlantic, ready to sink Soviet submarines. The US VII Corps which included the Canadian 4 Bde was on a warfooting. Ther Soviets did not intervene.

It is to show you know crap all about nuclear weapons history.

Plans? Those US rockets were already deployed long before Kruschev thought of Cuba. As for sucessful, the number of nukes in Turkey increased 30 fold during the Cold War. Yeah, Kruschev really pulled an ace of that crisis.

Considerng that I just wrote about the history of the US nuclear deployments in Turkey, the main man responsible for the Cuban missile crisis, the slight of hand of giving Kruschev nothing and the KGB knew about it, and the resulting increase of the nuclear threat to the USSR, I believe you know squat all and you're proving it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Not even close. With around ~1000 readied warheads each and at least 4,000 in component form. Both the US and Riussia would be out of readied warheads trying to take out those component form warheads before they even think of hitting a city ... or do you think both sides would just accept getting their cities hit and then just give up and not ready thier component form nukes?

A light infantry company size deployment is not going to scare anyone.

We already did. The UKR is his mess to deal with.

Then don't tell the Americans how to vote. It is insulting to my friends.
                            Too much gobbledegoop to comment on but I will say that you're irrational in your thinking the US could win a nuclear war Dr. Strangelove!

But I will ask again: Do you think Russia/Putin is going to listen and heed Trump's demand that Russia leave Venezuela. You didn't answer my question.

Let's put a wager on it. I say that both Russia and China are going to stay put and eventually bring peace to Venezuela, as was the case in Syria. This will be another example of Russia's win against US plans of aggression. As was the Cuba missile crisis of course, which was kept a secret for years to save face.

Settle down Major-minor. All you're raising with your arrogance and vitriol is your own blood pressure.

And for the sake of those who want to take a sensible approach to all of this, I'm making the point that the US can't win a war with either Russia or China or both allied together against the US. And vice versa obviously. That is the twisted thinking of our resident Dr. Strangelove. This is the reason why it's a very difficult question to answer on Russia ignoring Trump's demands to leave Venezuela.

My best guess at the moment is that Trump will be told to pull in his horns and shut his ignorant cakehole. But I have to admit that I'm being optimistic and that's because I refuse to think the unthinkable along with Dr. Strangelove!

Comment

• Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
                              and apparently that wasn't post wasn't directed at you was it?

you're almost amusing.
                              I don't consider any conversation is confined to two people. So again, what point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                                I had a conversation with Pari in 2016 and he was saying the same thing about the CIA. It made me feel afraid.
                                No need to be afraid, things are considerably better than they were two years ago. Of the grand juries empaneled, we know of McCabe and Baker. It's extraordinarily unlikely that Comey and Brennan are not also under active investigation. With the Mueller entrapment scheme consigned to the dust bin, the OIG and Huber can now move forward without 'compromising' Mueller's investigation.
                                Trump's aim is to go after the previous Whitehouse administration's illegalities but that's secondary: primarily because of their blanket immunities they gave themselves so they can only be charged with perjury, and secondly because Obama has been and always will be nothing more than a spoiled child.
                                The primary purpose of both Horowitz and Huber is to look for treason. Both the Dems and the rump Republicans such as McConnell and Graham will try and undermine the OIG and Huber as much as possible in the same way as Goudy did due to their, in the Republicans mindset, desire to protect the institutions from irreparable harm.
                                That's nonsense of course as the harm has already been done. The ideal is at least Brennan deservedly swinging from a gibbet, but the two tied probabilities are Comey, Baker et al doing a bit of time or a bit of public disgrace along the lines of Goudy's/Nunes investigations with nothing of substance coming of it. On the public record for historians basically.
                                As Trump said "This can never, ever happen to a president again. That was a disgrace and an embarrassment to our country. ... Hopefully they won't get away with it.
                                "We'll have to see how it all started, but I'm going to leave that to other people, including the attorney general and others, to make that determination. .... 50 years, 100 years from now -- if someone tries the same thing, they have to know the penalty will be very very great if and when they get caught."
                                Last edited by Parihaka; 28 Mar 19,, 07:05.
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X