Director Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hboGYT, z,

i am moving the healthcare discussion to the American Political Scene thread.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
      I was always very careful to limit my criticisms to policy in the occupation zone and not of Judaism, Jews, or Israel's right to exists. That is not whats occurring on college campuses.
      Nowhere in the campuses is there a call to be violent against Jews themselves, unlike Brreitbart and Infowars. Please re-educate yourself

Originally posted by zraver View Post
      They align Left politically, left and hate are not mutually exclusive.
      Z, this is insane. A jihadist, by definition, is a virulent right wing extremist. Only, he is Islamic, instead of the Christian right wing we see here

Yes they do
      A point I myself have made elsewhere, but he was left before insane.
      Again, this is insanity. How can a progressive be against women in power? That goes against the very definition of progressiveness. Also, the conspiracy stuff is pure right wing lunacy.

Incredibly dishonest of you. Severed heads, mock assassinations at Shakespeare in the Park, politicians calling for people to fight in the streets... All recent, yet you want to go back to a campaign closing on a year ago, where a candidate got pissed that lefties were violently crashing his rallies like SA Brownshirts in the 30's.
      Is that so? Griffin was torn apart by the liberal as well as mainstream media for what she did. She herself was profoundly apologetic. What happened to Ted Nugent when he said Obama should suck on this machine gun? Why was he not similarly ostracized? Sean Hannity even defiantly said that it was his right to free speech. The hypocrisy on the right is unbelievable. you guys have absolutely no standing on this issue. And btw, lefties violently crashing Trump' parties while he was mouthing himself off? That is a barefaced lie. The Orange himself says in the video that the protester looks to happy and calm, and instead he should be on a stretcher. So the candidate does not like a few protesters? Yeah, welcome to America

Click image for larger version

Name:	44890859.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1470994

Also, please explain this:

Name:	DCS2piYVwAA9mZ0.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1470984
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
        Any jihadist, by definition is Islamic right wing, as opposed to the Christian right wing that you prefer. The Left shuns both.
        Not to detract from your very valid points about rightwing hypocrisy, but the bolded part above isn't strictly true and you know it. Several people on the left itself have called out liberals for defending Islamic extremism out of some misplaced belief that criticism of the religion is tantamount to racism and bigotry.

For an example, read this: I'm a Muslim reformer who is being smeared as an 'anti-Muslim extremist' by angry white liberals. I expect you know who Maajid Nawaz is.

I admit this is more prevalent across the pond but US liberals aren't far behind. The SPLC which labelled Nawaz an "anti-muslim extremist" is American.
        Last edited by Firestorm; 19 Jun 17,, 18:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
          Not to detract from your very valid points about rightwing hypocrisy, but the bolded part above isn't strictly true and you know it. Several people on the left itself have called out liberals for defending Islamic extremism out of some misplaced belief that criticism of the religion is tantamount to racism and bigotry.

For an example, read this: I'm a Muslim reformer who is being smeared as an 'anti-Muslim extremist' by angry white liberals. I expect you know who Maajid Nawaz is.

I admit this is more prevalent across the pond but US liberals aren't far behind. The SPLC which labelled Nawaz an "anti-muslim extremist" is American.
          The principle point stands. Part of the left (such as the TYT gang) are misguided that criticism of Islam is "racism", just like you said. However, that is what it is, lack of information and ignorance, as well as some amount of political correctness. They DO NOT support the concepts inherent within radical Islam , which is mistreatment of women, bigotry against non-believers etc. To say otherwise is plainly wrong. This is indeed part of my frustration with the Left. To them sharia is a cute thing that Muslims do, not the virulent and dangerous philosophy is represents.
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Nowhere in the campuses is there a call to be violent against Jews themselves, unlike Brreitbart and Infowars. Please re-educate yourself
            You should educate yourself... When a jewish Publicant creates a list of 40 major universities with a history of antisemitism. Where BTW it does get violent.

https://www.algemeiner.com/the-40-wo...students-2016/

Z, this is insane. A jihadist, by definition, is a virulent right wing extremist. Only, he is Islamic, instead of the Christian right wing we see here
            I am not talking about salafist. NoI is not salafist, but it does align Left politically. Thier list of demands is all gimmie, gimme gimme welfare....

https://www.noi.org/muslim-program/

Again, this is insanity. How can a progressive be against women in power?
            I asked that same question when Sarah Palin and her doctors were raked over the coals, when Invanka gets brutalized in the press, when then cancidate wife now FLOTUS had perfectly legal pictures published with the obvious intent of slut shaming. When HRC refused to answer questions from the woman her husband raped...

That goes against the very definition of progressiveness. Also, the conspiracy stuff is pure right wing lunacy.
            No one accuses progressives of ideological purity when it comes to anyone who leaves the assigned reservation.

Is that so? Griffin was torn apart by the liberal as well as mainstream media for what she did. She herself was profoundly apologetic.
            Mainstream media soft pedaled it, and her own apology lasted less than a day.

What happened to Ted Nugent when he said Obama should suck on this machine gun? Why was he not similarly ostracized? Sean Hannity even defiantly said that it was his right to free speech.
            Was Obama a sitting president or candidate, and the whole went to the trouble of creating a severed head thing..

The hypocrisy on the right is unbelievable. you guys have absolutely no standing on this issue.
            Disagree, the Left nominated a slut shaming rapist defender after all.

And btw, lefties violently crashing Trump' parties while he was mouthing himself off? That is a barefaced lie. The Orange himself says in the video that the protester looks to happy and calm, and instead he should be on a stretcher. So the candidate does not like a few protesters? Yeah, welcome to America
            Most Trump rallies got crashed, it was a persistent pattern.

Also, please explain this:
            Bill Clinton is a rapist... However, one picture vs dozens of rallies disrupted...

On the Rand Paul tweet you keep posting. perchance have you read the Federalist papers discussions on the 2A?

Resisting a tyrannical government, defending self and community against brigands and Indians etc is why the 2A was created. Hunting is not why we have guns.

Comment

You should educate yourself... When a jewish Publicant creates a list of 40 major universities with a history of antisemitism. Where BTW it does get violent.

I am not talking about salafist. NoI is not salafist, but it does align Left politically. Thier list of demands is all gimmie, gimme gimme welfare....

The only thing even remotely "gimme, gimme, gimme welfare" on that site is a demand for equal but separate education.
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

https://www.algemeiner.com/the-40-wo...students-2016/
                Exactly what I thought, anti-Israel s being passed off as anti-semitic. You yourself have said similar or worse. As for the incident with the swastikas, yeah, the Left (whatever that is) does not do that. that is strictly alt-right and Stormfront territory. BTW, I am quite familiar with UW. Pro-Palestine is right, as is Anti-Israel. Anti-semitic, not so much.

I am not talking about salafist. NoI is not salafist, but it does align Left politically. Their list of demands is all gimmie, gimme gimme welfare....

I have seen that before. It is black nationalism, not Leftist stuff.

I asked that same question when Sarah Palin and her doctors were raked over the coals, when Invanka gets brutalized in the press, when then cancidate wife now FLOTUS had perfectly legal pictures published with the obvious intent of slut shaming. When HRC refused to answer questions from the woman her husband raped...
                What BS! Palin was raked over coals for her intellectual inadequacy, not for being a woman. What is more, she displayed a total lack of intellectual curiosity, something that Trump displays too and something which I consider a dealbreaker for any chief executive. What she had, in spades, was self confidence and charishma, which makes her perfect for a reality star

No one accuses progressives of ideological purity when it comes to anyone who leaves the assigned reservation.
                Anti-women policies are at the very center of right wing ideology, so your logic does not count.

Mainstream media soft pedaled it, and her own apology lasted less than a day.
                No they did not. She was fired and lambasted. What happened to Nugent?

Was Obama a sitting president or candidate, and the whole went to the trouble of creating a severed head thing..
                a. Why does it matter? Is threatening to shoot a non-President somehow excusable?
                b. He did something similar before 2012

I repeat, the Right celebrated his rantings, the center and left chastised Griffin. That shows the difference.

Disagree, the Left nominated a slut shaming rapist defender after all.

Most Trump rallies got crashed, it was a persistent pattern.

Bill Clinton is a rapist... However, one picture vs dozens of rallies disrupted...
                Every political rally in the US gets disrupted. How many times did Obama have to deal with hecklers? He never wanted them bashed. Trump is a bully, as is the right.

On the Rand Paul tweet you keep posting. perchance have you read the Federalist papers discussions on the 2A?

Resisting a tyrannical government, defending self and community against brigands and Indians etc is why the 2A was created. Hunting is not why we have guns.
                In other words, it is perfectly ok when the right does it.

Comment

Exactly what I thought, anti-Israel s being passed off as anti-semitic. You yourself have said similar or worse. As for the incident with the swastikas, yeah, the Left (whatever that is) does not do that. that is strictly alt-right and Stormfront territory. BTW, I am quite familiar with UW. Pro-Palestine is right, as is Anti-Israel. Anti-semitic, not so much.
                  Agree to dissagree.

I have seen that before. It is black nationalism, not Leftist stuff.
                  They are demanding massive cash payments and economic supports, thats welfare.

What BS! Palin was raked over coals for her intellectual inadequacy, not for being a woman. What is more, she displayed a total lack of intellectual curiosity, something that Trump displays too and something which I consider a dealbreaker for any chief executive. What she had, in spades, was self confidence and charishma, which makes her perfect for a reality star
                  Palin was attacked for being a woman, attacked for being a mother etc etc etc. Even her daughter who was what 12 or 13 at the time got slut shamed by David Letterman.

Anti-women policies are at the very center of right wing ideology, so your logic does not count.
                  Pro-life is not anti-woman, anti-tax is not antiwoman, pro-2A is nit anti-woman, trying to keep OBamacare from collapsing the healthcare sector is not anti-woman, encouraging self reliance and personal responsability is not anti-woman. You know what is anti-woman? Opposition to marriage, welfare, illegal immigration, federal control of education, support for abortion...

No they did not. She was fired and lambasted. What happened to Nugent?
                  She retracted it the very next day and started waving the victim card. She started crying, "he (Trump) broke me". No he didn't, he had nothing to do with your decsion to go beyond the pale.

a. Why does it matter? Is threatening to shoot a non-President somehow excusable?
                  Excuse no, but it is a different set of laws. BTW what Nugent said was crude, it was not a threat and did not portray an act of violence..

[/quote]I repeat, the Right celebrated his rantings, the center and left chastised Griffin. That shows the difference.[/quote]

Shakespeare in the Park enacting an assassination, Whoopi Goldberg wearing a T-shirt showing Trump getting his brains blown out, former VP candidate calling for street fights, former presidential campaign volunteer attacking a GOP gathering with a rifle to which the Left promptly engaged in victim blaiming....

Every political rally in the US gets disrupted. How many times did Obama have to deal with hecklers? He never wanted them bashed. Trump is a bully, as is the right.
                  Do you not see the difference between hecklers and the antifa mobs?

In other words, it is perfectly ok when the right does it.
                  No, it means he read the Federalist papers and has a reasoned, constitutionally sound interpretation supported by evidence. He might still be wrong, but at least his position is reasoned, researched and supported.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                    The only thing even remotely "gimme, gimme, gimme welfare" on that site is a demand for equal but separate education.
                    25 years of economic payments and a huge amount of arable, minerally rich land plus relocation costs....

Comment

25 years of economic payments and a huge amount of arable, minerally rich land plus relocation costs....
                      You posted the link.
                      Now, you show us where that statement is backed up by your link.

I double-dare you!
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

They are demanding massive cash payments and economic supports, thats welfare.
                        On the basis of race, not class

Palin was attacked for being a woman, attacked for being a mother etc etc etc. Even her daughter who was what 12 or 13 at the time got slut shamed by David Letterman.
                        Again, the attack on Palin was because of her innate stupidity, not her gender. Conservatives question the very fact that women can be leaders.

Pro-life is not anti-woman, anti-tax is not antiwoman, pro-2A is nit anti-woman, trying to keep OBamacare from collapsing the healthcare sector is not anti-woman, encouraging self reliance and personal responsability is not anti-woman. You know what is anti-woman? Opposition to marriage, welfare, illegal immigration, federal control of education, support for abortion...
                        Pro-life is anti woman to the core, so is unequal pay, taking away access to birth control, planned parenthood defunding. Tax and 2A are neither here nor there.

She retracted it the very next day and started waving the victim card. She started crying, "he (Trump) broke me". No he didn't, he had nothing to do with your decsion to go beyond the pale.
                        What did Ted Nugent do?

Excuse no, but it is a different set of laws. BTW what Nugent said was crude, it was not a threat and did not portray an act of violence..
                        "suck on my machinegun", yeah not violence.

Shakespeare in the Park enacting an assassination, Whoopi Goldberg wearing a T-shirt showing Trump getting his brains blown out, former VP candidate calling for street fights, former presidential campaign volunteer attacking a GOP gathering with a rifle to which the Left promptly engaged in victim blaiming....

Do you not see the difference between hecklers and the antifa mobs?
                        Not when your President wants people to be violent and wants to pay their fees or wants hecklers to be put on stretchers. Scalese is a Trump supporter, therefore he stands for the same.

No, it means he read the Federalist papers and has a reasoned, constitutionally sound interpretation supported by evidence. He might still be wrong, but at least his position is reasoned, researched and supported.
                        You can argue the nuances but it is what it is, shoot those in power when you feel you are under tyranny. Paul equated tyranny with Obama, same as what many on the left might feel now

Comment

• WaPo came out today with a pretty huge investigation into the various Russian actions.

Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault

big takeaways (although it is WELL worth reading in full):

- CIA had sourcing from within the Russian government that detailed Putin's direct involvement in the US election, to include his specific instructions that the objective was to defeat/hurt HRC and support Trump.
                          - In typical Obama Administration fashion, the administration took a looong time to deliberate on a response, tried to get bipartisan support for concerted action, failed, and went for the least punitive response of kicking out some spies/symbolic sanctions
                          - Obama directed the intel community to create cyber weapons in Russian infrastructure, to be used if there was an escalating exchange with Moscow or if Moscow attempted to interfere again
                          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• When will people learn?

Name:	giphy.gif
Size:	998.2 KB
ID:	1471023

Comment

• Great non-story, really put a lot of effort (better part of an hour) into the art work.
                              At that point, the outlines of the Russian assault on the U.S. election were increasingly apparent. Hackers with ties to Russian intelligence services had been rummaging through Democratic Party computer networks, as well as some Republican systems, for more than a year. In July, the FBI had opened an investigation of contacts between Russian officials and Trump associates. And on July 22, nearly 20,000 emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee were dumped online by WikiLeaks.
                              So WAPO what did the emails say?

ver that five-month interval, the Obama administration secretly debated dozens of options for deterring or punishing Russia, including cyberattacks on Russian infrastructure, the release of CIA-gathered material that might embarrass Putin and sanctions that officials said could “crater” the Russian economy.
                              Mrs. Hillary's war?

Obama also approved a previously undisclosed covert measure that authorized planting cyber weapons in Russia’s infrastructure, the digital equivalent of bombs that could be detonated if the United States found itself in an escalating exchange with Moscow. The project, which Obama approved in a covert-action finding, was still in its planning stages when Obama left office. It would be up to President Trump to decide whether to use the capability.
                              Thanks secret services for leaking this....

They believe that a series of warnings — including one that Obama delivered to Putin in September — prompted Moscow to abandon any plans of further aggression, such as sabotage of U.S. voting systems
                              So Russia didn't hack the election?

We set out from a first-order principle that required us to defend the integrity of the vote,” McDonough said in an interview. “Importantly, we did that. It’s also important to establish what happened and what they attempted to do so as to ensure that we take the steps necessary to stop it from happening again.”
                              So the vote was fair?

Cooky old lady couldn't be bothered to campaign?

“The punishment did not fit the crime,” said Michael McFaul, who served as U.S. ambassador to Russia for the Obama administration from 2012 to 2014. “Russia violated our sovereignty, meddling in one of our most sacred acts as a democracy — electing our president. The Kremlin should have paid a much higher price for that attack. And U.S. policymakers now — both in the White House and Congress — should consider new actions to deter future Russian interventions.”
                              Not a very good one, clearly.

The CIA breakthrough came at a stage of the presidential campaign when Trump had secured the GOP nomination but was still regarded as a distant long shot. Clinton held comfortable leads in major polls, and Obama expected that he would be transferring power to someone who had served in his Cabinet
                              LMAO!

For spy agencies, gaining insights into the intentions of foreign leaders is among the highest priorities. But Putin is a remarkably elusive target. A former KGB officer, he takes extreme precautions to guard against surveillance, rarely communicating by phone or computer, always running sensitive state business from deep within the confines of the Kremlin.
                              Cold war era charlatans back at work.

A week later, in one of Obama’s final news briefings, he expressed irritation that such a consequential election “came to be dominated by a bunch of these leaks.” He scolded news organizations for an “obsession” with titillating material about the Democrats that had dominated coverage.

Then he unloaded on Moscow. “The Russians can’t change us or significantly weaken us,” he said. “They are a smaller country. They are a weaker country. Their economy doesn’t produce anything that anybody wants to buy, except oil and gas and arms.”
                              To quote Killa Cam "you mad."
                              Last edited by troung; 23 Jun 17,, 19:34.
                              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

• Thanks Troung for that last tag to Cam'ron's Killer Cam cuz "This is the realist since kumbaya".
                                Real eyes realize real lies.

Comment

Working...
                                X