Director Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drhuy View Post
    and of course you would be able to back this up with FACT & FIGURES?
    He is actually far more right than you. How many voted for Trump in the supposedly Midwest Democratic bastions? When interviewed most acknowledge they were concerned with jobs first and foremost. Many of those same also acknowledge how their health insurance was through the ACA. Kind of Jekyll and Hyde hoping for jobs but not doing damage to the ACA. After four years they will find few jobs created by Trump in the Rust Belt while seeing their health coverage cut. I'm confident that will be the case so how confident are you that he will turn the Rust Belt into a place bustling with jobs looking for workers?

Anyway back to the basic thread about Comey's personal notes and now Mueller's investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by hboGYT View Post
      I have to disagree. Most of the poor, ignorant masses who voted for trump would not suffer any immediate consequences. Though within a few generations, some of their descents would. It's a matter of probability. Some people go through their lives without any major medical conditions, but eventually some of their offspring get sick. These people voted for Trump, so I doubt they'll figure it out.
      That really is a disparaging way to refer to them

To answer your question, if the affected are in blue states they can ask their state legislators to solve the issue. CA and NV are trying to pass variations of Universal Healthcare right now. If they are in Red States, I would congratulate them and ask them to enjoy their newfound freedom
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• And oldie but not-goodie

Senator Rand Paul ✔ @RandPaul
        .@Judgenap: Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!
        9:48 AM - 23 Jun 2016

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCS2piYVwAA9mZ0.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1470984
        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• As far as I can see, Trump basically promised to do more with less in relation to health care. It is only possible to optimise if the previous policies were sub-optimal. Obama said himself that if he could make the ACA better he would have done it. For Trump to keep his words, Obama needed to be either corrupt and/or grossly incompetent, or Trump needed to have gained the benefit of hindsight of some sort. I doubt either possibility. So, Trump had no idea what he was talking about. I mean who knew health care could be so complicated. Voters who counted his promises on health care must be poor enough to need cheap health insurance and ignorant enough to believe any of the two possibilities I mentioned before. I would have used far harsher words than ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
            It isn't always, and only about you.
            Obviously, if you can't afford it, you are (a) being denied subsidies by your GOPer state government; (b) or you have sufficient income to not need such assiatance. If you are paying more than before, congratulations: you are now part of the better-off who help the less well-off.
            I am not being denied subsidies, but they don't touch the deductibles. They are ruinous, who can afford 1/3 on the annual income in deductibles plus premiums and co-pays on top of that? So I have insurance I cannot use so people who don't work can see the doc for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
              You have obviously not read about the threats from the Zionist global conspiracy. I credit you for that.
              Usually zionist is something the BDSers shout on college campuses. Are there rightwing antisemites, of course. But who has access to the levers of power/opinion? Raking israel over the coals on campuses across the nation will do a lot more to breed antisemitism than the idiots on Storm font or what ever its called. Best way to deal with antisemitism is too laugh at it. Not in the har har way, but the buahahahah full of scorn and derision sort of way. People hate feeling stupid.

I sometimes worry about you.

DC Beltway Sniper? So now every Jihadist is a "Left Wing" guy?
              He was a member of the Nation of Islam which is leftist.

Gabbi Giffords shooter was a Leftie?
              His friends describe him as a hard left radical and his reading list backed it up.

For every Weather Underground, ELF or antifa, I would raise you 20 each of the patriot movements
              But who is actually throwing bombs and shooting people?

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                Usually zionist is something the BDSers shout on college campuses. Are there rightwing antisemites, of course. But who has access to the levers of power/opinion? Raking israel over the coals on campuses across the nation will do a lot more to breed antisemitism than the idiots on Storm font or what ever its called. Best way to deal with antisemitism is too laugh at it. Not in the har har way, but the buahahahah full of scorn and derision sort of way. People hate feeling stupid.
                Strawman argument. Raking Israel over coals (which, if I may point out, you have done too) for malpractices over Palestinians is completely different from someone blaming Jews for their own economic state of affairs. The Bretibart and Infowars comments sections are full of omments on how a massive zionust conspiracy is somehow hurting real Americans. That mentality is far more dangerous than blaming Israel's settlement policy.

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                He was a member of the Nation of Islam which is leftist.
                What do you mean, Leftist. The SPLC (which itself is Left of Center) termed it a hate group.

His friends describe him as a hard left radical and his reading list backed it up.
                No they don't
                https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ightwing-rants

At any event we are talking about a paranoid schizophrenic. Not sure if schizophrenia has political colors.

But who is actually throwing bombs and shooting people?
                Right now? Both

You want to know why? Because of shit like this.

and lets not forget this

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCS2piYVwAA9mZ0.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1470984

Comment

I am not being denied subsidies, but they don't touch the deductibles. They are ruinous, who can afford 1/3 on the annual income in deductibles plus premiums and co-pays on top of that? So I have insurance I cannot use so people who don't work can see the doc for free.
                  You remind me of an economic text book I read a long time ago. On the topic of biases, the author wrote that a doctor and a government official would see different causes to the same food poisoning. The former sees Salmonella and the latter unsafe food handling as the cause.

You are blaming the wrong people for the plight of many disadvantaged Americans. Blame the conservatives you so love for obstructing progress towards a single payer system, not the ones who are actually trying to make a difference for YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by hboGYT View Post
                    You remind me of an economic text book I read a long time ago. On the topic of biases, the author wrote that a doctor and a government official would see different causes to the same food poisoning. The former sees Salmonella and the latter unsafe food handling as the cause.

You are blaming the wrong people for the plight of many disadvantaged Americans. Blame the conservatives you so love for obstructing progress towards a single payer system, not the ones who are actually trying to make a difference for YOU.
                    I doubt you have ever read an economics book. If you had you would understand that free at point of service increases demand and thus increases costs.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                      Strawman argument. Raking Israel over coals (which, if I may point out, you have done too) for malpractices over Palestinians is completely different from someone blaming Jews for their own economic state of affairs. The Bretibart and Infowars comments sections are full of omments on how a massive zionust conspiracy is somehow hurting real Americans. That mentality is far more dangerous than blaming Israel's settlement policy.
                      I was always very careful to limit my criticisms to policy in the occupation zone and not of Judaism, Jews, or Israel's right to exists. That is not whats occurring on college campuses.

What do you mean, Leftist. The SPLC (which itself is Left of Center) termed it a hate group.
                      They align Left politically, left and hate are not mutually exclusive.

Yes they do

At any event we are talking about a paranoid schizophrenic. Not sure if schizophrenia has political colors.
                      A point I myself have made elsewhere, but he was left before insane.

Right now? Both
                      No, only one side is actually shooting and throwing molotovs.
                      Incredibly dishonest of you. Severed heads, mock assassinations at Shakespeare in the Park, politicians calling for people to fight in the streets... All recent, yet you want to go back to a campaign closing on a year ago, where a candidate got pissed that lefties were violently crashing his rallies like SA Brownshirts in the 30's.

Comment

• all of this is a fundamentally stupid pissing match, primarily because the statistics regarding this is non-existent and are extremely subjective.

for instance: the battle between oath-keepers vs the Daily Stormers, how would this be described?

suffice it to say, stupidity, extremism, and violence are not the monopolies of any political pole. as long as the ideologies themselves do not advocate violence, then let the blame fall on the people inciting or carrying out the violence.
                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                          all of this is a fundamentally stupid pissing match, primarily because the statistics regarding this is non-existent and are extremely subjective.

for instance: the battle between oath-keepers vs the Daily Stormers, how would this be described?

suffice it to say, stupidity, extremism, and violence are not the monopolies of any political pole. as long as the ideologies themselves do not advocate violence, then let the blame fall on the people inciting or carrying out the violence.
                          You have elected members of Congress and a former VP candidate openly calling for leftwing violence...

Comment

You have elected members of Congress and a former VP candidate openly calling for leftwing violence...
                            Talk about a fixation... wow

Comment

You have elected a President who wants to punch people, boasts that his supporters will spare him if he shoots someone, goads people to violence and says that he would pay their legal fees. You have elected a senator who tweets that guns are for shooting people in the government. You have no ground to stand on

Comment

I was always very careful to limit my criticisms to policy in the occupation zone and not of Judaism, Jews, or Israel's right to exists. That is not whats occurring on college campuses.
                                The stuff in Breitbart and Infowars is far removed whatever either you or leftists in campuses say. They even talk about boycotting Jew owned businesses.

They align Left politically, left and hate are not mutually exclusive.
                                Any jihadist, by definition is Islamic right wing, as opposed to the Christian right wing that you prefer. The Left shuns both.

Yes they do
                                Whatever flats your boat man

A point I myself have made elsewhere, but he was left before insane.
                                The conspiracy theory part if absolute wingnut territory, not left or progressive of any kind. How and why would a progressive oppose women in power? what part of progressive ideology is that.

Incredibly dishonest of you. Severed heads, mock assassinations at Shakespeare in the Park, politicians calling for people to fight in the streets... All recent, yet you want to go back to a campaign closing on a year ago, where a candidate got pissed that lefties were violently crashing his rallies like SA Brownshirts in the 30's.
                                Is it indeed? the Left and the Center dealt harshly with Griffin, who has herself apologized profusely. Where were the condemnations against Ted Nugent? What was the social boycotting and reprimand that he suffered? People crashing an opposing politician's rally? Yeah, welcome to America.

Also, please explain this:

[ATTACH]43938[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X