This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
    So you are comparing 1940's Jews to modern day ISIS....?
    No, I am saying there was no vetting process and nothing bad happened.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      But then again, nutbags that wants to kill Americans or (Westerners) for the sake of being American is a relatively new thing, right?

No political beliefs or anything like that...they just want to kill Americans (or infidels).

The world changed. We better damn adopt.
      Fine. Let's go FFD to 1999, you brought Kosovars in. What vetting process have been made? Some of those who stayed here are now in Syria, some others are roaming Europe
      Last edited by Doktor; 03 Feb 17,, 09:16.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Have to say this is an interesting take on the Donald by a good friend of his.

Howard Stern said on his program Wednesday that Trump will hate being president and the role will be detrimental to his mental health.

Stern and Trump are long-time friends, with Trump making numerous appearances on Stern's radio show over the years.

"I personally wish that he had never run, I told him that, because I actually think this is something that is gonna be detrimental to his mental health too, because, he wants to be liked, he wants to be loved," Stern said. "He wants people to cheer for him."

"I don't think it's going to be a healthy experience. And by the way, he's now on this anti-Hollywood kick. He loves Hollywood. First of all, he loves the press. He lives for it. He loves people in Hollywood. He only wants hobnob with them. All of this hatred and stuff directed towards him. It's not good for him. It's not good. There's a reason every president who leaves the office has grey hair."

Trump frequently appeared on Stern's radio program over the past two decades, engaging in the kind of crude talk about women and celebrities typical of the shock-jock's show. During the campaign, CNN's KFile surfaced demeaning comments Trump made about women on the show.

Stern said he considers Trump a friend, but is opposed to his politics.

"I like Donald very much personally. I was shocked when he decided to run for president, and even more shocked that sort of, people took it seriously," Stern said.

"I remember saying to him when he announced his presidency, I remember being quite amazed, because I remember him being for Hillary Clinton," Stern added.

"And I remember him being very--I mean he was pro-abortion. So the new Donald Trump kind of surprised me."

Stern said he doesn't believe Trump has had a change of heart on issues like abortion, but is instead playing to his base.

The radio host said he also believed Trump ran for president solely to get a larger contract from NBC for "The Apprentice."

"I think it started out as like a kinda cool, fun thing to do in order to get a couple more bucks out of NBC for The Apprentice, I actually do believe that," Stern said.

"He just wanted a couple more bucks out of NBC, and that is why Donald is calling for voter fraud investigations. He's pissed he won. He still wants Hillary Clinton to win. He's so f—ing pissed, he's hoping that he can find some voter fraud and hand it over to Hillary."
        http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/02/medi...ump/index.html

Comment

• Remember Trump the Russian agent?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/02/politi...-un/index.html

Oh, btw:

http://www.militarytimes.com/article...entagon-budget

Comment

• No no, he's a Ruskiephile, it's all just a cunning plot by Bannon who has suddenly become waaaaay more intelligent than he was two weeks ago.
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Meanwhile Gavin McInnes is beaten up and pepper sprayed for being funny whilst conservative
              https://twitter.com/hashtag/GavinAtN...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

and Milo chats about progressive name calling legitimizing violence

In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• citanon,

Remember Trump the Russian agent?
                a speech at the UN by the UN Ambassador...trumps Trump?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...32c_story.html

In their call, Putin and Trump discussed Ukraine and Syria, and they agreed to build stronger economic ties between the United States and Russia, according to a statement issued by the Kremlin. They said they would arrange an in-person meeting, but Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told the Interfax news agency that the two presidents did not specifically talk about a lifting of the sanctions the Obama administration imposed against Russia over alleged Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election and Moscow’s military intervention in Ukraine.
                http://www.npr.org/sections/parallel...ute-phone-call

Russian state television welcomed the change in tone between Washington and Moscow following open hostility in the last weeks of Barack Obama's presidency.

"The conversation was supposed to return substance and sense to the Russian-American dialogue," Konstantin Kosachyov, head of the foreign relations committee in Russia's upper chamber of parliament, was quoted as saying. "By all appearances that's what happened."
                bottom-line, Trump is most certainly a Russo-phile, as are his closest advisors. i'm sure you know which ones.
                Last edited by astralis; 03 Feb 17,, 14:43.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ping?CMP=fb_gu

Desperate irrelevant media has to resort to fellating autocratic China in an attempt to smear Trump. Utterly laughable, 2 weeks in and they are collectively melting down, with the guardian agitating and arguing for political violence and now this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                    Meanwhile Gavin McInnes is beaten up and pepper sprayed for being funny whilst conservative
                    https://twitter.com/hashtag/GavinAtN...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

and Milo chats about progressive name calling legitimizing violence

Thousands of people get pepper sprayed every day across the world. Get over it.
                    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                      Thousands of people get pepper sprayed every day across the world. Get over it.
                      Thousands of peaceful protestors are organ harvested and bashed by authorities around the world Deal with it.

Oops, remind me to quote your post when the Feds are ordered in on your black bloc thugs and the media starts whining about Trumps Nazi State.

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                        instead, the EO treats the issue like there was no previous vetting at all and that we were under the threat of an imminent 9-11 style attack. if that were the case, that MIGHT justify the significant costs the EO has caused, both economically and in terms of our international relationships. seeing as how we're not exactly in that type of situation-- and i'm pretty sure the current administration doesn't think that either, because if it did it would have asked DHS and DoD to be involved-- then you have to start wondering at other motives.
                        You're reaching again.

How did the this administration convey that there was another imminent 9-11 style attack?

As far as I can tell 9-11 was only mentioned in the first paragraph (twice, I think) more as a time line of how the screening process was conducted.

As far as you thinking the EO treated the vetting process as non existent:

"Sec. 5. Realignment of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program for Fiscal Year 2017. (a) The Secretary of State shall suspend the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days. During the 120-day period, the Secretary of State, in conjunction with the Secretary of Homeland Security and in consultation with the Director of National Intelligence, shall review the USRAP application and adjudication process to determine what additional procedures should be taken to ensure that those approved for refugee admission do not pose a threat to the security and welfare of the United States, and shall implement such additional procedures. Refugee applicants who are already in the USRAP process may be admitted upon the initiation and completion of these revised procedures. Upon the date that is 120 days after the date of this order, the Secretary of State shall resume USRAP admissions only for nationals of countries for which the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of National Intelligence have jointly determined that such additional procedures are adequate to ensure the security and welfare of the United States."

"Additional procedure" indicates an acknowledgment of something in place and adding to it.

And you're looking at "other motives" based on what you think the man is (i.e.sexist, racist, xenophobe...etc. you know the usual things lefties say) and projecting his motives.

Unlike you, I think the administration implemented the EO as a pre-emptive measure before things really do become like Europe and rightfully so.
                        Last edited by YellowFever; 03 Feb 17,, 17:06.

Comment

• Add: And if that article I posted (USA Today) is anything close to accurate, Obama wanted to shorten the process from 12-24 months to 3

I would call that "lessening the process"

Comment

• YF,

How did the EO convey that there was another imminent 9-11 style attack?
                            i'm not saying that this is inside the EO itself.

i'm saying that this is the type of EO that would be issued after a 9-11 style attack. there's high costs to this EO, so the one situation where this would make sense would be in the aftermath of an attack where costs are irrelevant. for instance, say we found out on 9/12 that refugees caused 9/11, and they were let in because there was either no vetting or the vetting was seriously flawed. then this would be justified.

As far as you thinking the EO treated the vetting process as non existent:
                            see above. bottom-line, i don't see the evidence where there's something so screwed up with the existing vetting process that would justify the extreme disruption and international blowback that the current EO causes.
                            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• YF,

Add: And if that article I posted (USA Today) is anything close to accurate, Obama wanted to shorten the process from 12-24 months to 3

I would call that "lessening the process"
                              you're referring to a one-time (approximately 6 months) surge program back in April 2016, instituted because State Dept was falling behind stated administration goals.

the State Department increased the number of staff for investigations to speed up the process, but did not change the security program. the security program itself doesn't take 12-24 months, that timeframe refers to the entire case processing. correspondingly when the "surge" ended, the timeframe went back to the original speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridgeburner_ View Post
                                Thousands of peaceful protestors are organ harvested and bashed by authorities around the world Deal with it.

Oops, remind me to quote your post when the Feds are ordered in on your black bloc thugs and the media starts whining about Trumps Nazi State.
                                Are you staying the feds will be doing organ harvesting? Maybe that will finally bring down the healthcare costs.
                                Right now it is you whining about some nazi douchebag being called mean names. BTW, the Feds, if they do come, should get the exact treatment that BLM got at that bunny ranch or whatever that god forsaken dump was.
                                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X