Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you also think it appropriate to write posters like that for news cameras so parents nationwide have to explain to their 6 year old daughters what a pussy is - and they wonder why feminism has such a broad spectrum image problem.
    Ego Numquam

Comment

• do you think it's appropriate for the President to have bragged about grabbing women in said area either?
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/u...rowd-size.html

gee, and -Obama- was the narcissistic one? :-)
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Because i said so.

By now we have all seen the photos of the crowd, lack of crowd at the ceremony yesterday.

The President said it was the largest ever. And the media will pay if they day otherwise. Just like he shut down the Park Services Twitter account when they retweeted the picture.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politi...two/index.html

"I have a running war with the media, they are among the most dishonest human beings on Earth -- they sort of made it sound like I had a feud with the intelligence community. The reason you are the number one stop is exactly the opposite," he said.

Later, White House press secretary Sean Spicer appeared in the White House briefing room to warn the administration was going to hold the press "accountable" and argued that the Trump crowd was the largest inaugural crowd ever. He said any suggestion otherwise was "shameful and wrong."
          Spicer then left the room after the statement without taking questions.

The White House appeared irked by cameras that showed large gaps in Trump's still large crowd on Friday compared to the one that showed historic numbers of spectators to see former President Barack Obama sworn in for his first term in 2009.
          Such a small egotistical man. The next four years should be fun

Comment

• I can't wait for the common firearms accessory known as a suppressor to finally to become common in the USA as it is in other places in the civilized World. Go Trump!

Comment

• I hadn't heard the largest crowd ever comment. I guess that means that every lie Trump tells, and there will be a lot, it will actually be the fault of the media making it up. I need a Twitter account.

Have to say the crowd today, in D.C., dwarfed his by miles. The crowds around the world dwarfed his by light years. He has to be the first American President who has caused people around the world to protest him the day after taking office. Doesn't bode well for our image. Usually a dictator would get that sort of treatment so I don't get it...???

Since he only got 48% of the total vote, and apparently his approval rating was around 42% this past week, I wonder if he can get past a 48% approval rating during his term. What are the odds he could get even 50%?

I'm sure he lost some with his rejection of the FHA mortgage insurance cut which would hurt primarily first time middle class and lower income buyers. Then plugging his wife's jewelry sales on QVC, by putting it on the White House website, is crossing a conflict of interest threshold already. Hey, fools out there, buy my wife's jewelry so we can make more money while here.

Comment

• Someone sounds a bit bitter with the electoral college?

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                  Someone sounds a bit bitter with the electoral college?
                  Not really but I do understand why you need to default to that. Most Americans don't understand the Electoral College system but they do understand winning a majority of the popular vote. It is possible to win 55% of the popular vote and lose the Electoral College. Does that truly mean a majority of Americans voted for the winning guy? No, and so while Trump won the College he lost the vote of the majority of Americans.

So answer my question, rather than evade, can he ever get a 50% approval rating? I know what he will say and that is that everyone loves him of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                    do you think it's appropriate for the President to have bragged about grabbing women in said area either?
                    Since when do two wrongs make a right? It was bad enough that he said. Now little kids get a mega-dose of it on their TV and computer monitors.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                      Since when do two wrongs make a right? It was bad enough that he said. Now little kids get a mega-dose of it on their TV and computer monitors.
                      I happen to have an almost 8 year old who doesn't watch the nightly news ever. No surprise there. Also will not see it on a computer either. So I really don't think little kids will be seeing much of this at all.

I will let you in on something as I don't know if you have any little kids. I would hazard a guess that more 7-8 year olds already know what those terms are from some of their peers. If you don't have a little kid then you have no idea what you are missing. Mine has heard more than I ever did by the time I was 14 at least. I had never heard, much less knew, what homosexual was till I was in 8th grade. My kid knew it by first grade.

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                        do you think it's appropriate for the President to have bragged about grabbing women in said area either?
                        So you're going to take what he said BEFORE he was president and hang that around his neck for the rest of his life?

No guy here ever joked about pussy ever in their life before, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                          I happen to have an almost 8 year old who doesn't watch the nightly news ever. No surprise there. Also will not see it on a computer either. So I really don't think little kids will be seeing much of this at all.

I will let you in on something as I don't know if you have any little kids. I would hazard a guess that more 7-8 year olds already know what those terms are from some of their peers. If you don't have a little kid then you have no idea what you are missing. Mine has heard more than I ever did by the time I was 14 at least. I had never heard, much less knew, what homosexual was till I was in 8th grade. My kid knew it by first grade.
                          Well, well...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b070d8cad1e7d1
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                            So you're going to take what he said BEFORE he was president and hang that around his neck for the rest of his life?

No guy here ever joked about pussy ever in their life before, right?
                            I never have for one. Can also say I have never used the word.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post

Well you proved what I said about kids knowing more than adults think. Only that kid was there, assuming it was on the up and up, and not watching on TV which I will stand by.

I once had a 4 year old girl, in 1974 at a day care center where I am doing an internship for child psychology, say f..k you to me. Took me aback. Now where did she learn that? TV? Internet? How about none of the above but from real live people close around her.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                                Are you trying to say that if a man grabs a Lady in that way she would be wrong to complain about it? No Gentleman would do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X