The Terror of Fake News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
    by all means, drag Rice up to testify, but it's still one big nothing-burger.

https://www.wired.com/2017/04/sorry-...t-smoking-gun/

Sorry, But Susan Rice Is Not Your ‘Smoking Gun’

SNIP.
    Only the more dullard Republicans want to put Rice on trial, she's already guilty by the fact she lied, so why play the Dems game by the Dems rules? Onwards and upwards.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      Only problem is 2 days of digging into "Ricegate" has produced more circumstantial evidence against Rice than 100 days and thousands of "journalists" that literally hate Trump could do to build a case against a Putin/Trump collusion.
      This. Every day makes the Dems look more delusional. They think CNN is gonna save them.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        This. Every day makes the Dems look more delusional. They think CNN is gonna save them.
        Speaking of CNN...and news as entertainment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/m...pgtype=article
        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Only problem is 2 days of digging into "Ricegate" has produced more circumstantial evidence against Rice than 100 days and thousands of "journalists" that literally hate Trump could do to build a case against a Putin/Trump collusion.
          Total rubbish. I myself - who cannot follow the business that closely - could write pages now of 'circumstantial' incidents - though where Moscow is concerned 'coincidence' is usually said with an understanding smile here. I reckon Carter Page (who the FBI apparently interviewed some years ago) is worth putting on trial just for his connection to the Podobnyy/Sporyshev/Buryakov business. How strange that Buryakov (the only one not to have some form of diplomatic immunity and was nabbed) was No 2 in the (Government owned) VEB Bank branch in New York, who's chairman ( Sergey Gorkov, personally appointed by Putin) and a bank under US sanctions, Kushner has now admitted meeting. Or strange also that the Attorney who prosecuted the Buryakov (Preet Bharara) case was promised he could keep his position by the Trump administration and then fired. When Carter Page was wondering off to Moscow on the instructions of the Trump campaign last year and according to most reports did meet with Sechin I would put him on trial or make him sing... You want more coincidences? Like I said I have pages worth but I doubt it would help; those who close their eyes do not seek truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
            Speaking of CNN...and news as entertainment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/m...pgtype=article
            Nice find Jad. NYT calling CNN fake news to distract from NYT's fake news about the Dems fake news.

As Mark Steyn put it "This is a distraction from their distraction..."

I'm more than happy for the Dems to tie their character to CNN, (as it points out, CNN and Trump are in a symbiotic relationship) because given their BAU approach thus far the Dems obviously need to fall further before they can finally do the bloodletting they need to once again become, to borrow a phrase from the commonwealth, "Her Majesty's loyal opposition."

In the meantime it makes for fabulous viewing :-)

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
              Total rubbish. I myself - who cannot follow the business that closely - could write pages now of 'circumstantial' incidents - though where Moscow is concerned 'coincidence' is usually said with an understanding smile here. I reckon Carter Page (who the FBI apparently interviewed some years ago) is worth putting on trial just for his connection to the Podobnyy/Sporyshev/Buryakov business. How strange that Buryakov (the only one not to have some form of diplomatic immunity and was nabbed) was No 2 in the (Government owned) VEB Bank branch in New York, who's chairman ( Sergey Gorkov, personally appointed by Putin) and a bank under US sanctions, Kushner has now admitted meeting. Or strange also that the Attorney who prosecuted the Buryakov (Preet Bharara) case was promised he could keep his position by the Trump administration and then fired. When Carter Page was wondering off to Moscow on the instructions of the Trump campaign last year and according to most reports did meet with Sechin I would put him on trial or make him sing... You want more coincidences? Like I said I have pages worth but I doubt it would help; those who close their eyes do not seek truth.
              I have a confession to make: I once spent a Saturday afternoon getting outrageously drunk with some Russian fishermen in the Captain Cook hotel in Dunedin.
              I have only a hazy recollection but I do believe that at one moment during the afternoon I threw up in the toilets, to much acclaim from my Soviet/Russian companions. Make from this what you will.............

Leibniz

Comment

Put the tin foil hat away and get back to me when you have proof.

Comment

• YF,

Flynn was canned for lying to the VP, not for his contacts with the Russians.
                  he was canned for lying to the VP about what he said to the Russians, and not only that, the Russians knew he was lying to his own boss.

And as to your opinion that Trump is now changing his tune of being "buddy buddy" with Puitn.....
                  Manafort had the GOP position on Russia changed just prior to Trump accepting the GOP nomination, to delete references to standing up to Russia re: Ukraine.

Trump's executive memo to SECDEF Mattis on 28 January requested DoD identify "new partners" to defeat ISIS.

and just in case you don't remember, he followed that up a few days later with an interview with Fox where Trump talked about cooperating with Russia on Syria, ISIS, and terrorism in general. the very interview where he said that he didn't mind working with Putin because "America is not so innocent" and "has a lot of killers around too".

he's suddenly gone quiet on this, and in fact just announced that he's changed his view of Syria and Assad now that Assad's used chem weapons on his watch.
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                    I have a confession to make: I once spent a Saturday afternoon getting outrageously drunk with some Russian fishermen in the Captain Cook hotel in Dunedin.
                    I have only a hazy recollection but I do believe that at one moment during the afternoon I threw up in the toilets, to much acclaim from my Soviet/Russian companions. Make from this what you will.............
                    If I could absolve you I would as I am sure it was guiltless. I have myself met many Muscovites and have cousins there and one living in my family home in Ukraine. Her Brother is still in prison somewhere for the 2011 demonstrations and so the parents won't leave. We all meet Muscovites and 98% of them are normal people; I went sailboarding with a bunch at Dahab once in Egypt and had supper with them several times. But neither of us was running for an election that they interfered in and hiring people who had known contacts with their spies, nor deny having our connections only to be subsequently and continually proven wrong.

Comment

• Kinda refreshing to see an article with quotes that are attributed to names instead of the usual "offical" or "sources"...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...cials-say.html

WHITE HOUSE
                      Susan Rice's alleged unmasking requests not so routine, ex-officials say

Cody Derespina
                      By Cody Derespina
                      Published April 05, 2017

While Susan Rice is defending as routine her requests for the identities of Americans caught up in surveillance of foreign targets, others who’ve served in the intelligence community and at high levels of government say the former national security adviser's requests were quite unusual.

Rice, who served in the Obama administration, is at the heart of allegations of improper surveillance of the Trump team prior to Inauguration Day.

Fox News reported Monday that Rice asked for Trump associates to be identified – or “unmasked” – in intelligence reports and those names were then widely disseminated at the top levels of the government. In an interview Tuesday on MSNBC, Rice largely skirted talking specifically about those allegations, however, she said it was “absolutely false” that Obama officials utilized intelligence “for political purposes.”

Rice’s defenders also have said unmasking requests would be a typical part of her job -- and her authority to make such requests generally is not being questioned. Rice said Tuesday the process helped provide context “in order to understand the importance of the report and understand the significance.”

Former Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau tweeted his coarsely-worded case: "It was her f------ job to know this information! This is utter bulls---."

Her detractors, however, say that’s not the case.
                      “From my direct experience dealing at this level, that is never done,” retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer told Fox News. Shaffer has experience in intelligence operations focused on foreign actors in which U.S. citizens’ involvement could surface.

“The national security adviser person is a manager position, not an analyst position,” he said. “You have analysts in the intelligence community whose job is to sort through who is doing what with what. Susan Rice is a senior manager looking over the entire intelligence community. She should not have time to be unmasking individuals having conversations. It’s insane. It’s never done.”

Ex-CIA analyst Fred Fleitz agreed in a Fox News op-ed.

“Rice’s denials don’t add up,” Fleitz wrote. “It is hard to fathom how the demasking of multiple Trump campaign and transition officials was not politically motivated.”

Trump hasn't commented extensively since Rice's Tuesday interview, however, asked by The New York Times if he thought Rice committed a crime Trump said: "Do I think? Yes, I think."

Former Ambassador to the United Nations and Fox News contributor John Bolton told “America’s Newsroom” that Rice’s requests may have been improper depending on what reason she gave for wanting the information.

“Now I’m not naïve, a national security adviser’s gonna get her request approved. But she still has to give some reason,” said Bolton, who served under former President George W. Bush. “If she doesn’t even have to give a reason than NSA is really quite negligent. Susan Rice is obviously not gonna say, ‘I want these names unmasked so I can surveil my political opponents.’ And if she said she wanted the names unmasked for national security reasons, that’s a fraud on the intelligence system.”

Shaffer said a U.S. citizen’s interaction with a foreign target is not typically reason enough to unmask an American.

“These techniques, technology and procedures are reserved for potential violations of U.S. laws,” he said, adding of Rice’s alleged actions: “It’s not only legally insufficient, it’s politically insane.”

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                        YF,

he was canned for lying to the VP about what he said to the Russians, and not only that, the Russians knew he was lying to his own boss.

Manafort had the GOP position on Russia changed just prior to Trump accepting the GOP nomination, to delete references to standing up to Russia re: Ukraine.

Trump's executive memo to SECDEF Mattis on 28 January requested DoD identify "new partners" to defeat ISIS.

and just in case you don't remember, he followed that up a few days later with an interview with Fox where Trump talked about cooperating with Russia on Syria, ISIS, and terrorism in general. the very interview where he said that he didn't mind working with Putin because "America is not so innocent" and "has a lot of killers around too".

he's suddenly gone quiet on this, and in fact just announced that he's changed his view of Syria and Assad now that Assad's used chem weapons on his watch.
                        LOL

So he wants to work with Russia same as Obama did earlier in his administration.

That proves it.

He's a spy.

"he's suddenly gone quiet on this, and in fact just announced that he's changed his view of Syria and Assad now that Assad's used chem weapons on his watch."

Does this mean we can now expect Putin to release all the info he had on Trump now since he just pissed off Putin?

You should be happy.
                        Last edited by YellowFever; 05 Apr 17,, 21:03.

Comment

Put the tin foil hat away and get back to me when you have proof.
                          Sadly I have to wear more than a tin foil hat often you pillock. My 'circumstantial evidence' and the many proven cases - goes back years against the state that tried to interfere in your election, has murdered countless Syrians and bombed a UN convey in Syria and invaded my country. Fine for you to sit half a planet away and think it's all a TV show so why not have TV personality as President until they come for you. My tinfoil hat? Try opening your eyes or at least disproving a single fact or say it is all circumstantial? You do not have a hope unless you wake up.

Comment

Sadly I have to wear more than a tin foil hat often you pillock. My 'circumstantial evidence' and the many proven cases - goes back years against the state that tried to interfere in your election, has murdered countless Syrians and bombed a UN convey in Syria and invaded my country. Fine for you to sit half a planet away and think it's all a TV show so why not have TV personality as President until they come for you. My tinfoil hat? Try opening your eyes or at least disproving a single fact or say it is all circumstantial? You do not have a hope unless you wake up.

Comment

• I thank you for the song - very beautiful and made me recall the friends and cousin I have lost. I apologise for my abuse.

Comment

• No problemo.

OK EVERYBODY WE DROP EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW
                                ..NO MORE FAKE NEWS

NO MORE TRUMP!

WE TURN EVERY SUBJECT INTO THE BAD THINGS RUSSIAN DID TO THE UKRAINE!

Snapper, we can leave the Russian abuse of countries, and there are many of them, for different threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X