Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News Follows California Beach Bum Living Off Food Stamps For Years

Classy guy.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Originally posted by troung View Post

Classy guy.
    if its more economic not to work and get benefits some people will do so.

just like welfare recepients will do certain things to keep/boost their benefits so will others.

economic incentives matter.

You also have to figure the other side of the coin here. Imagine not having food and entertainment for those young men 18-39. With no work that pays wages that can sustain you there is only one way out, rebel and take power as in the days of old...

The gov't is just insuring itself by feeding the plebeians and making bread and circuses.
    Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

This guy is clearly an idiot for doing what he does, and than, boasting about it on tv.. But, the way his life has been presented is far too chill and doesn't seem accurate to me. How many of us can survive even a week on $200? A month is a longshot.. He has no fixed address; shifts between his girlfriends, friends, and parents house.. and is financially helped by friends.. I'm not fully buying this.. How many people would put up with this leech?

I notice he's shown buying sushi and lobster, while the reporter asks him if this is what he usually gets, and he answers in the affirmative. Again, on $200 a month? Yeh right... This leech is putting on a show for the camera...
      Last edited by Tronic; 14 Aug 13,, 02:23.
      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
        This guy is clearly an idiot for doing what he does, and than, boasting about it on tv.. But, the way his life has been presented is far too chill and doesn't seem accurate to me. How many of us can survive even a week on $200? A month is a longshot.. He has no fixed address; shifts between his girlfriends, friends, and parents house.. and is financially helped by friends.. I'm not fully buying this.. How many people would put up with this leech?

I notice he's shown buying sushi and lobster, while the reporter asks him if this is what he usually gets, and he answers in the affirmative. Again, on $200 a month? Yeh right... This leech is putting on a show for the camera...
        He's never met me.

Comment

Not a far way between being bum enough to living off foods stamps for two years and helping sleaze ball journalist to a fast story for a meal.
          All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
          -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple C View Post
            Not a far way between being bum enough to living off foods stamps for two years and helping sleaze ball journalist to a fast story for a meal.
            I was born and raised in San Diego County, about 20 miles from La Jolla where this jerk is hanging out. I was also a denizen of the beach, often rising before dawn to hit the surf in full wet suit before school. Trust me, I know the culture this guy is operating in. He comes from money; it's written all over him, and I suspect he grew up not too far from the spots he's shown frequenting. If there was a way to do it, I'd sue his freaking parents for malpractice.

Comment

Sounds reasonable. Rich parents, inheritence, but no current asset under his name, apply for food stamp, live off tax dollars. When the time comes, he takes over his parents' assets/funds/investments and puts on a suit. If there's free money, why not take advantage of it?
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I guess that also makes sense. In that case, the prick is defrauding the government.
                Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                  I guess that also makes sense. In that case, the prick is defrauding the government.
                  It's not defrauding if it's legal...:)

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    It's not defrauding if it's legal...:)
                    :insane:

Comment

Gentlemen, I have read through this thread and I am dismayed.

For every one individual like this, there are thousands of children that are starving and going to bed hungry.

Obviously your hearts do not bleed enough to overlook this one incident of fraud.

Please adjust your attitudes accordingly.

Comment

Standard media tactic.

Show 1 case of abuse out of 10000 and undermine support for social programs supporting the poor.

-For the USA, their citizens run their country the way they want. Not my problem

- For Europe abandoning social welfare, which is a large cause for defeating hard core communism in Europe, is a bad idea.
                        Without a welfare system in place all kinds of extreme totalitarian ideologies will resurface.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                          Gentlemen, I have read through this thread and I am dismayed.

For every one individual like this, there are thousands of children that are starving and going to bed hungry.

Obviously your hearts do not bleed enough to overlook this one incident of fraud.

Please adjust your attitudes accordingly.
                          My heart bleeds for my children who, being not quite Hispanic enough (even though their mother is), and not quite disadvantaged enough (even though we are living solely on my military retirement pay due to health issues that preclude my working, and no, I don't get Social Security disability, because I'm just not disabled enough), and not quite this or that, so that they (and I) are left holding the bag and paying full freight. I was born and raised in California; spent the first 13 of my 25 years in the Navy based there, paid income tax there for all those years, as well as capital gains when I sold two houses there, claimed California as my home of record for the entirety of my time in the Navy, shed blood for this country, etc., etc., etc. So my eldest daughter was also born in San Diego, and only moved out of the area because my military duty required that she come with us. She gets accepted at San Diego State University, one of only 13% of out of state students accepted at my alma mater, and we wanted her to attend there as I have all of my family in the area to act as a support group. So do you think I could catch a little break on in tuition being that I now live in Arizona, albeit not by choice? No freaking way. I paid $16K out of pocket, and yet Governor Brown ramrodded a bill through the California legislature allowing illegal alien students, and no, I'm not going to play a game of semantics and call them undocumented workers or some other such bullshit, to attend California state universities and colleges as California residents, thus getting a break in tuition. You tell me where my heart should bleed. People like me never get a break. We always pay full fare.

BTW, I've worked regularly at the St. Vincent de Paul Centers in both San Diego and Phoenix. I've painted school houses in the Philippines, and I and my crew put running water and electricity in a rural school house in Manta, Ecuador. I've carried starving, dehydrated Haitian and Vietnamese children aboard my ships for medical care, after they've been stranded at sea for weeks. In short, I don't need any lectures in altruism; I've done more than my share.

Comment

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
                            So do you think I could catch a little break on in tuition being that I now live in Arizona, albeit not by choice? No freaking way. I paid $16K out of pocket, and yet Governor Brown ramrodded a bill through the California legislature allowing illegal alien students, and no, I'm not going to play a game of semantics and call them undocumented workers or some other such bullshit, to attend California state universities and colleges as California residents, thus getting a break in tuition.
                            Sir, I was wondering if anyone would try this: attend a CSU campus and refuse to show proof of residency, other than high school diploma from a CA high school. See if you can get in-state tuition. Tell them you're "undocumented" if you have to. I wonder what they'll say.

As far as I know, that's the criteria for illegals to get in-state tuition in California.

Comment

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
                              My heart bleeds for my children who, being not quite Hispanic enough (even though their mother is), and not quite disadvantaged enough (even though we are living solely on my military retirement pay due to health issues that preclude my working, and no, I don't get Social Security disability, because I'm just not disabled enough), and not quite this or that, so that they (and I) are left holding the bag and paying full freight. I was born and raised in California; spent the first 13 of my 25 years in the Navy based there, paid income tax there for all those years, as well as capital gains when I sold two houses there, claimed California as my home of record for the entirety of my time in the Navy, shed blood for this country, etc., etc., etc. So my eldest daughter was also born in San Diego, and only moved out of the area because my military duty required that she come with us. She gets accepted at San Diego State University, one of only 13% of out of state students accepted at my alma mater, and we wanted her to attend there as I have all of my family in the area to act as a support group. So do you think I could catch a little break on in tuition being that I now live in Arizona, albeit not by choice? No freaking way. I paid $16K out of pocket, and yet Governor Brown ramrodded a bill through the California legislature allowing illegal alien students, and no, I'm not going to play a game of semantics and call them undocumented workers or some other such bullshit, to attend California state universities and colleges as California residents, thus getting a break in tuition. You tell me where my heart should bleed. People like me never get a break. We always pay full fare.

BTW, I've worked regularly at the St. Vincent de Paul Centers in both San Diego and Phoenix. I've painted school houses in the Philippines, and I and my crew put running water and electricity in a rural school house in Manta, Ecuador. I've carried starving, dehydrated Haitian and Vietnamese children aboard my ships for medical care, after they've been stranded at sea for weeks. In short, I don't need any lectures in altruism; I've done more than my share.
                              I'm fairly certain that Yellow was being facetious. You gotta get to know him....
                              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                              X