Southern Border Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thesis:
    The emigration of college educated professionals in Mexico to the United States has left the country with less critical human capital that is instrumental to the success of a nation and its economy. It can be concluded that unless the trend reverses itself, Mexico has greatly reduced chances of becoming a competitive industrially advanced nation alongside the United States, Canada, countries in the European Union, Australia, and Japan.
    "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

• Does that take into effect illegals that work and send money back home? How about illegals that are deported back to Mexico? Do you have an accurate source of information, numbers-wise?
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• most illegals aren't college educated folks, though. however, college educated folks leaving LEGALLY might cause a vacuum that encourages the lower classes to flee for the US.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• In response to both posts, The college educated professionals (Engineers, Health Professionals, etc.) emigrate first to attain post secondary education, but ultimately do not return. As Astralis mentioned, the vacuum that takes place is a cyclic system where the lower classes have no employment opportunities other than factory work--because the educated professionals aren't helping to build an infrastructure to support a successful and thriving economy.

I know the "brain drain" concept is more commonly known in African Countries, but because of the nature of my class, I want to focus on Mexico--who is on the cusp of moving from an "Advancing" country to an Advanced one.

As far as numbers, I have a few sources, but can't access them from work. I will do more extensive research from home, I just needed a topic for the paper that's due in about 4 weeks. Plenty of time--especially with my habit of writing papers within 48 hours of the due date. I dont want that habit to continue, so I plan on allowing time for revisions, rewrites, and proofing.

I'll probably even put it in this thread and bounce it off WAB members--if such a thing is permitted. I don't want to misuse the intent of the forum, but I think it could also stimulate educating conversation. :)
          "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

• Israel also has a massive brain-drain problem, and the government doesn't seem to be doing much about it, or even care
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Mexican President Says US Deportations Feed Violence in Mexico

Making the case for us...

Guess it lowered ours.

Mexican President Says US Deportations Feed Violence in Mexico

Published October 18, 2011

President Felipe Calderon on Monday accused U.S. authorities of deporting Mexican criminals to save on judicial costs, a policy that ostensibly "exacerbates" violence.

Within the framework of the inauguration of National Immigration Week 2011 in this capital, Calderon said that, for example, U.S. authorities "are deporting up to 80,000 people in a year" into the border cities of Reynosa and Ciudad Juarez.

Some of these deported people "are migrants, certainly, probably all of them," although some were "already involved in criminal acts" in the United States.

"In the face of the dilemma of pursuing the legal process in the American courts, which implies costs for the administration of justice in that country, they simply prefer to deport them to border cities, by which the cycle of violence is exacerbated even more," he said.

The Mexican leader went on to say that it is "truly inhumane and scandalous" that U.S. authorities are apprehending and deporting alone and "without any protection" children as young as 6.

Those minors who cross Mexico from Central America run the risk along the way of becoming victims of "criminal bands," are exposed to the dangers of crossing the border and, in addition, confront the security forces of the United States," Calderon said.

"I hope authorities in other countries become aware of how aberrant it is to leave a child to his fate in our country, without guaranteeing that he can once again find his parents or relatives," he said.

Follow us on twitter.com/foxnewslatino
              Like us at facebook.com/foxnewslatino

Read more: Mexican President Says US Deportations Feed Violence in Mexico | Fox News Latino
              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

• Here's an idea: Make sure they don't break the law in the first place

Comment

• Wait, they are Mexican nationals. And they are talking about Justice?
                  sigpic

Comment

• so???? his problem
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

• Well the least we could do is give them an AK-47 and a couple boxes of ammo when we deport them.

Then again, maybe we do.....
                      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

• Go Republicans. Fixing problems by dumping them on someone else.
                        The greatest weapon is the truth

Comment

• That worthless rat bastard didn't care when they were crossing the border going northbound. Here's an idea, lets clear out our prisons and parole them south of the border too. A one way ticket to Mexico city would be cheaper than incarcerating them and Calderon would get a much needed lesson on keeping his arrogant mouth shut. Win-win.
                          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Black Ghost View Post
                            Go Republicans. Fixing problems by dumping them on someone else.
                            We don't ned so solve Mexico's problems too. They should be able to do that for themselves instead of dumping their problems on us.
                            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Black Ghost View Post
                              Go Republicans. Fixing problems by dumping them on someone else.
                              Blame Bush?

Excellent strategy...
                              "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

• I can tell you this isnt a democrat initiative.

According to prison system statistics, some 6,727 of the 11,395 Texas convicts who claimed foreign citizenship in the summer of 2010 were incarcerated for violent crimes, 955 for property crimes, 1,667 for drug crimes and 2,046 for "other" crimes including escape, weapons charges, drunken driving and minor sex offenses. More than 8,500 of the foreign convicts were Mexican citizens.
                                Some of these are hardly worthy of deportation.
                                The greatest weapon is the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X