No announcement yet.

'Raghead' slur is new ugly twist in S.C. race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racial slurs are for the uneducated when they have ran out of logical facts or cant admit when they are wrong. A sad bunch but an unfortunate reality none the less. Off the top of my head I cant think of even one race of people that dont have a corrupted or bigoted side of their own culture. For some it is age and what was acceptable to them in those times. To others its just plain ignorrance and stupidity.

Just imaging if none of us had eyes. What would we slur about next?;)

Sometimes I wish the physicaly blind should rule the planet. They have a clearer sight upon life then anyone.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Nikki Haley and Andre Bauer on the tube

I started looking into the SC Gubernatorial elections after I cam upon this thread. Now I do not have much insight into this woman Nikki Haley's political position, but she absolutely reams Andre Bauer, whose advisor claimed he slept with Haley

Nikki Haley guts Andre Bauer on live television. | RedState

Edit : I just realized Angie Harmon can play Nikki Haley in the movie :)
      Last edited by antimony; 06 Jun 10,, 05:44.
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
        I started looking into the SC Gubernatorial elections after I cam upon this thread. Now I do not have much insight into this woman Nikki Haley's political position, but she absolutely reams Andre Bauer, whose advisor claimed he slept with Haley

Nikki Haley guts Andre Bauer on live television. | RedState

Edit : I just realized Angie Harmon can play Nikki Haley in the movie :)

Antimony,

You appear to have put in the whole Youtube url, so it won't play. This might work better.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
          Antimony,

You appear to have put in the whole Youtube url, so it won't play. This might work better.
          Thanks BF, got the hang of it now

I wanted to point out to the rather juicy if somewhat undiginified side story of attempting to bring Haley down by trying to malign her character, probably in case a race card does not work. Looks like all that is backfiring now.

The SC Dems must be laughing silly...
          Last edited by antimony; 06 Jun 10,, 05:44.
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
            Just imaging if none of us had eyes. What would we slur about next?;)
            Accents ?

Comment

Well, there are always going to be politicians out there who will try to use every dirty card they can.

I do hope the voters will kick them out. Whatever else you say about them, politicians know what works with the voters and what doesn't.

Even the likes of Laloo Yadav in India now speak the language of development.
              There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don’t..

Comment

This is the main reason I tewnd to shy away from Republican politics, even though I hate the Dem version of Welfare politics.

Every now and then some clown emerges either espousing some bitterly ethnocentric, xenophobic, homophobic or otherwise socially intolerant viewpoint (like this one and the infamous "Macaca" incident) or using some vile underhanded tactic (like the smear campaign against McCain in 2000) and I am left wondering who the Republicans actually are.:(

McCain obviously is an exception, but he has little respect within his party anyway.

Igonore the bluster from a few morons in Republican party.

Louisiana has Bobby Jindal(at one time considered a possible Presidential candidate) and now this woman could become the second Republican governor of Indian origin. I don't think the liberals(er, Dems :)) ) have been as generous to desis.
                Last edited by indus creed; 07 Jun 10,, 20:07.

Comment

I do not see a reason for indians back home to express concern for the elite. It was their choice to have embraced "americana". It is their fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hindu_Infidel View Post
                    ...It was their choice to have embraced "americana". It is their fight.
                    Well, Haley was born in South Carolina and Jindal was born in Lousiana, so it's not like they abandoned India to come to the US...
                    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by indus creed View Post
                      Igonore the bluster from a few morons in Republican party.

Louisiana has Bobby Jindal(at one time considered a possible Presidential candidate) and now this woman could become the second Republican governor of Indian origin. I don't think the liberals(er, Dems :)) ) have been so generous to desis.
                      Indus,

I understand where you are coming from and I must say that for me, personally, it is neither here nor there.

I suspect that both Haley and Jindal would probably be far more socially conservative than I would be comfortable with. What I am specifically pi$$ed of about is the fact that the GOP is trying to define itself as the party of (conservative) principles and not the party of identity politics (which the Dems do and which I hate) and it not being to successful about it.

With that in mind, the kind of racial venting that I see sometimes, and some of the dirty politics in the Southern States (reminds one of the Indian scene, not in a good way) seems to be in bad taste.

By the way, the Obama administratin has a fair number of desis, though not necessarily in very hgh places.
                      Last edited by antimony; 07 Jun 10,, 20:53.

Comment

I do not see a reason for indians back home to express concern for the elite. It was their choice to have embraced "americana". It is their fight.
                        As Highsea said, this does not apply to Haley or Jindal. However, the statement seems quite strange.

So an embracement of Americana is a desertion of ones own ethnic history, background and culture? One understand that one's loyalties would be with the adopted homeland (US, in this case), after one takes an oath to the flag and constitution of the adopted nation. But there are plenty of diaspora from various countries arond the world, who within US society still maintain cultural relations with the countries they left back. I don;t see anything wrong with that.

Comment

What I am specifically pi$$ed of about is the fact that the GOP is trying to define itself as the party of (conservative) principles and not the party of identity politics (which the Dems do and which I hate) and it not being to successful about it.
                          One idiot's rant does not reflect the whole party. Watch how conservatives vote - we look at ability, not ethnicity.

-dale

Comment

So an embracement of Americana is a desertion of ones own ethnic history, background and culture? One understand that one's loyalties would be with the adopted homeland (US, in this case), after one takes an oath to the flag and constitution of the adopted nation. But there are plenty of diaspora from various countries arond the world, who within US society still maintain cultural relations with the countries they left back. I don;t see anything wrong with that.
                            It's not just americana. Let her be what she wants to be. No one is stopping her. She claims to be an american. She settled down with a caucasian. She became a methodist. She even changed her name. If there was a way to change her skin color then she would have done it. America should give her what she wants.

Indians back home speaking for her only creates confusion. Even duplicity. Let her fight her own fight.

Americana is not exactly an embarrassment. Just that you cannot claim to be both when they are not the same.

Comment

America should give her what she wants.
                              No. America will present her a chance at leadership. When she wins her primary tomorrow she'll be on her way toward that chance.

-dale

Comment

Indians back home speaking for her only creates confusion. Even duplicity. Let her fight her own fight.
                                I don't recall her asking "Indians back home" to fight for her. Its an entirely American issue, with maybe the American Sikh community being dragged into it, but I don't see how this issue is in anyways the concern of India or Indian nationals.
                                Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                                -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Working...
                                X