X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray
    International law written by ENEMIES?

Which world do you live in?

Pal, the UN is also a creation of the US.

Can the world sneeze with out the US having a cold?

It is a patriotic feeling to say " My country right or wrong' but it is greater to say 'My contry is always RIGHT sand screw you'.

Say it with all your heart, but don't befuddle with 'political correectness' and deficit in logic.
    When Libya heads a human rights commision you know things are screwed. The U.S. may have had a large hand in creating the UN but others have managed to take the UN and transform it into a pile of crap that does nothing, just ask the Sudanese.
    Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin
      When Libya heads a human rights commision you know things are screwed. The U.S. may have had a large hand in creating the UN but others have managed to take the UN and transform it into a pile of crap that does nothing, just ask the Sudanese.

Hey, take it easy on Lybia! Remember, your favorite politician calls them an ally on the war on terror! I guess when the world is overwhelmingly against you, you take whatever support you can get, right?

Comment

I don't care if the Pope called them an ally in the war on terrorism you cannot deny the irony of them running the human rights commision.

However I do not recall Bush ever saying Libya was an "ally", he did however say they were co-operating.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

When Libya heads, the others have not lost therir heads. It is democracy. The votes count.

When the US heads the UN (technically), she can't get away. What about that?

Does it mean that the US runs the UN?

Get logical.

OK Libya is a pariah. How come it is now every western country's love bird now?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            When Libya heads, the others have not lost therir heads. It is democracy. The votes count.

When the US heads the UN (technically), she can't get away. What about that?

Does it mean that the US runs the UN?

Get logical.

OK Libya is a pariah. How come it is now every western country's love bird now?
            I wasn't aware that it was a love bird to the west. I certainly wouldn't consider it one. I see Libya as a nation that has seen the writing on the wall and taken the route that best serves its own swecurity.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

That would be true, if Libya consituted the same all alone.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                Therefore, this moral high horse appears to me to be pretty much of bunk.
                you know this was just an oversimplified response to a ridiculouse analogy, i have always felt the US should help iraq for humanitarian reasons, and that WMD was just a way of giving countries an out to vote thier concious, since the UN doesnt work well when voting for humanitarian reasons, so this truly isnt my argument. just pointing out how this has nothing to do with Scott Peterson, if you think it does, id like to see how.
                Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
                Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
                Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
                Listen to the words long written down
                When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

The Humanitarian issue is certainly effecting the Sudan issue isn't it? If it doesn't work there what makes you think it would work in Iraq?

-- Larry Elder

Comment

The Humanitarian issue is certainly effecting the Sudan issue isn't it? If it doesn't work there what makes you think it would work in Iraq?
                    thats exactly my point, the UN doesnt vote to go to war for humanitarian reasons, so you have to come up with something else, its not working in the sudan, and it wouldnt have worked for iraq, thats why i didnt care what the president said to get us there, as long as we got there.

Comment

Donnie Maharani,

Just get real.

In Sudan it has not worked. Fine.

In Iraq, it wouln't work. Fine.

Just check the money spent in Iraq and the Sudan.

Don't just talk for the sake of talking.

Stop being childish.

Let the unwashed Arabs kill the darkies, Ok, true they have oil, but by Jove the *****s are sitting on it and they can kick the hell out of us.

So, let them just screw themselves.
                      Last edited by Ray; 03 Nov 04,, 20:53.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Rather kind of the US to allow other to screw the UN.

Why didn;t they apply the same for Iraq, rather than be in the morass they are in?

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                          Donnie Maharani,

Just get real.

Stop being childish.
                          i am real, i dont think i understand you ray, i truly believe that the US as well as the world had a duty to intervene in iraq, just as i feel they should have with liberia, sudan, ect. ect.

why is this being childish?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                            However, Patriot Act (I am not debating the rights and wrongs) is for the safety of ALL of the USA.
                            That is true, but it must still conform to our Constitution. The parts that do not, must be struck down without regard for safety. Here, liberty is supposed to rule over security.
                            "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
                            Originally posted by Ray
                            Now, if the States have the right to create loopholes, imagine the hassle of those States to which the terrorists can sneak in because of lax laws of a neighbouring State.
                            The states can't change federal law, but they may challenge it. If it is found to be against the Constitution, it is removed, otherwise it stands.
                            Originally posted by Ray
                            Though the US Election is decided by the Electoral College and thus it appears within the jurisdiction of the State to decided how it is to be conducted
                            That is correct. The reason is that, what works in one place, will not work in another. The states still must stay within the limited regulations placed by the constitution and federal law. That said, the state may place any other time limits and voting restrictions they believe are required. When the Supreme Court ruled on the previous election they ruled that Florida's rules are Constitutional, and within the realms of federal law.
                            Originally posted by Ray
                            maybe a more fair way to ensure that there is level playing field for all voters no matter which state the voter is in.
                            That is the reason for the Electoral College. In a close race, it makes every state count. It combines the power of all of a state's voters into a single voice.
                            Originally posted by Ray
                            In my opinion, if something affects the WHOLE country then there should be the Federal Law, but if it pertains to a State, it should be a State law.
                            State and local governments are part of the checks and balances, they keep the federal government more honest with their scrutiny.
                            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by donnie
                              i truly believe that the US as well as the world had a duty to intervene in iraq, just as i feel they should have with liberia, sudan, ect. ect.
                              Amen...
                              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                                Donnie Maharani,

Just get real.

Stop being childish.

Let the unwashed Arabs kill the darkies, Ok, true they have oil, but by Jove the *****s are sitting on it and they can kick the hell out of us.

So, let them just screw themselves.
                                Have we ever been to war with the Sudan? Have they violated ceice fire agreements for 12 years in addition to UN resolutions? Is France or Germany acting in the Sudan? This isn't talk just for the sake of talking, this isn't childish, these are REAL issues. Personally I see a skewed morality when it comes to Iraq. We look for excuses as to why WE shouldn't be there and yet saddam was such an evil tyrant and had to go. Answer me this, how would you expect the German people to over throw Hitler in 1939? How would you expect the Iraqi's to do it?

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Working...
                                X