Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Licensing requirements - public interest or political alliance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing requirements - public interest or political alliance?

There are many public regulations that do advance the public interest. However, what's the proper balance between freedom and public interest? Here's a case where licensing requirements appear to not be in the public interest.

"So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Thomas Jefferson quotes
    “The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.”

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.”

“If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.”

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”

“I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master.”

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”

“A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither”

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”

“All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to = remain silent.”

“Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.”

*Thomas Jefferson (American 3rd US President (1801-09). Author of the Declaration of Independence. 1762-1826)
    J. J. Ogershok, Jr.

Comment

Working...
    X