Dean: Bin Laden Innocent Until Proven Guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trooth
    I am assuming from your comment you haven't watched it? Then why rebut it? - are you a member of the Vatican board of Film Censorship? :)
    Read my post again, my problem is with the source not the video.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I just thought of something.

Any of those quotes above that come from politicans not part of a government -where did they get their evidence from about Saddam's arsenal?

They too were duped by the government or they had access to intelligence and were duped by it independantly.
      at

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
        Read my post again, my problem is with the source not the video.
        The source is obviously biased - i don't believe a pro-war, neo-con or Republican website would have posted it. However the quotes are there, in glorious Technicolor. Bush's speech in it is hardly taken out of context, as would be a fair criticism of such a short video, it is shown at sufficient length to understand his message.

Sometimes even Pravda reported the truth you know!
        at

Comment

They too were duped by the government or they had access to intelligence and were duped by it independantly.
          They are the government. Since it appears the weapons aren't there, nearly every intel service was either lying or were fooled, the info didn't just come from the US. Until there is proof either way though, you have guess what is right. My point is, moveon doesn't care about any issue if it's about a Democrat, only about Republicans, so nothing that comes from them can be trusted to be in context anymore than info about a Democrat that comes from the Republican's website.
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

The source is obviously biased - i don't believe a pro-war, neo-con or Republican website would have posted it. However the quotes are there, in glorious Technicolor. Bush's speech in it is hardly taken out of context, as would be a fair criticism of such a short video, it is shown at sufficient length to understand his message.

Sometimes even Pravda reported the truth you know!
            I never said he didn't say it? I have no idea what you're talking about I guess.:00

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
              They are the government.
              Your quotes seemed to be from Democratic politicians? I am probably just ignorant of the finer points of the US govenermental structure, but would they have got CIA briefings before jumping on the bandwagon?
              at

Comment

Your quotes seemed to be from Democratic politicians? I am probably just ignorant of the finer points of the US govenermental structure, but would they have got CIA briefings before jumping on the bandwagon?
                These are from before Bush:
                "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to
                develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That
                is our bottom line." - President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear.
                We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass
                destruction program." - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [the USA], but what happens there matters a great
                deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use
                nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the
                greatest security threat we face." - Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times
                since 1983." - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18,

"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.
                Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if
                appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond
                effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of
                mass destruction programs." - Letter to President Clinton, signed by
                Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass
                destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he
                has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy
                Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass
                destruction and palaces for his cronies." - Madeline Albright, Clinton
                Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

Comment

BTW, that bandwagon started accepting passengers around 1988.

Comment

As i said, a lot of people where duped for a long time. It remains to be seen if it simply was arrogance on the part of the polticians or the intelligence chiefs, or both.

Or, as i said, perhaps they didn't care and they just took us all for muppets that needed something short to go on a T-shirt.
                    at

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooth
                      As i said, a lot of people where duped for a long time. It remains to be seen if it simply was arrogance on the part of the polticians or the intelligence chiefs, or both.
                      I assume it was a little bit of all three of those, but as I said before there is an awful lot of accusations and circumstantial evidence that make it look like a set up too.

Comment

• When you say set up? Who set who up?

My take has been that Saddam pretended he had WMD to protect a very weak Iraq from its neighbours, or perhaps the scientists duped Saddam to protect themselves for not being able or willing to continue with WMD.
                        at

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooth
                          When you say set up? Who set who up?

My take has been that Saddam pretended he had WMD to protect a very weak Iraq from its neighbours, or perhaps the scientists duped Saddam to protect themselves for not being able or willing to continue with WMD.
                          There have been threads showing implications here on this board, nothing more firm than a pudding though. I'm going to go with your take until proof shows otherwise. Here's one thread, there are more, plus plenty of other storys about illicit support for Iraq: Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X