Happy St Georges Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy St Georges Day

Happy St Georges Day (Patron Saint of England and soldiers) to all!!

I know not everybody celebrates this in the way my old Regiment does, but hey. Any excuse for a drink.

Makes me wish I was in Aldershot so I could pop along, but ah well.

Enjoy yourselves!
    Nulli Secundus
    People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

And to you also!

Also, Happy Birthday to the Bard of Avon and my late father, too.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

Ahh you limeys will use any excuse to drink. I remember when I visited you would even get the young'ns in on it (like me-not that I'm complaining.)

Comment

Originally posted by theravenseldon View Post
        Ahh you limeys will use any excuse to drink. I remember when I visited you would even get the young'ns in on it (like me-not that I'm complaining.)

No excuses needed here matey forra bevvy , cept of curse unless F/F in Ozz has been on , strange how many uk people (english ) know the date of st paddies day and dont know their own st,s day

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          No excuses needed here matey forra bevvy , cept of curse unless F/F in Ozz has been on , strange how many uk people (english ) know the date of st paddies day and dont know their own st,s day
          I wonder if St. Paddy would think of what has become of his remembrance day. Perhaps up there St. George is quite content while St. Paddy is quite pissed.
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
            St. Paddy is quite pissed.
            Along with everyone else I/D :))

Comment

Working...
            X