This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Think it was the novelty and the difference and just being plain fed up with pasta and tomato sauce. None of them ever had dog again, that's for sure.
    There was a compound behind the unit I worked at in Korea that had a lot of dogs roaming around. One day I was on burn detail and I asked why all the dogs were there. My co-worker told me it was where they kept all the dogs that would eventually end up in one of the restaurants. He also pointed out that when downtown and you see dogs roaming the streets, most of them were either big or small. Not many medium size dogs walked the streets. I guess they sat on the table?
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

Comment

Think it was the novelty and the difference and just being plain fed up with pasta and tomato sauce. None of them ever had dog again, that's for sure.

It surprises me you didn't court martial them for the grilling of a dog possibly being booby trapped sir.

Comment

• It was a stray that they harvest and butcher themselves, not road kill.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
          It surprises me you didn't court martial them for the grilling of a dog possibly being booby trapped sir.
          Only enemy dogs are booby trapped. You just have to check their...dog tags!
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
            Only enemy dogs are booby trapped. You just have to check their...dog tags!
            Oy!!!
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ive had a few dogs in my time , all with 2 legs tho

Comment

May be...but Sir, this is very common for the Nagas in the IA. One such recipee is...they starve a dog for couple of days..and after that make it eat a lot of half boiled rice, after that they roast the dog till the rice gets cooked inside the dog's belly. Now this is suppossed to be a delicacy and the most honoured guest is served that rice along with the roasted dog flesh. One's bowel's will fish out watching the entire episode.
                Also its quite common for couple of regiments to eradicate anything that moves, in the areas of their deployment, be it birds,monkeys,snakes,ants,crabs,frogs....anything that moves.
                sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

• So your meal packs suck as much as ours?
                  Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 16 Oct 07,, 11:16.

Comment

So your meal packs suck as much as ours?
                    :) I guess not...never got in a situation wherein I have had to pack some dog meat.;) However, we have been accaimatized to live by the land...and I believe I could have anything to survive, and may god save me....minus humans and beef. ;)
                    sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

• Major,

Yes, we all could lived off of Army issued meal packs ... but who wants to?

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                        Beggers can't be choosers...You where lucky to get some of them :)) :))

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                          With your standards Tankie, I'm not surprised.
                          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

• One story that always makes me laugh comes from one of those "Confessions" programs. In this case it was about a RN Sailor who whilst on leave met a stunning girl and arranged to meet up the following weekend. His mate also fancied her and when the Sailor found he could go on the date his mate took his place and told the girl that he had changed his mind and didn't want to see her. Next time they were in port the sailor tried to contact the girl but no luck. Eventually he found out what is friend had done and swore revenge.

The ships next deployment was to the Caribbean on anti-drugs patrol. The sailor's mate was a gunner on the twin 30mm cannon and was known as an excellent shot. Knowing that a practice drill was due and to show up his "Mate" the sailor adjusted the sights to fire slightly to the right. However before the drill took place the ship was tasked to intercept a suspected smuggler.

On intercepting the smuggler, who refused to stop, the ship's Captain orders the 30mm to fire across its bow. The mate took aim and fired but instead of stitching the water in front of the smuggler he blew its bow off causing it to sink. The mate caught bloody hell and was brought up on charges. the sailor kept his mouth shut as revenge was sweet.

Comment

• Good story, but I sure am uncomfortable that to take revenge one had to play with lives!

The moral of the story is that things can get horrible wrong when playing the fool with weapons!

Following the British Indian Army custom, pointing a weapon even if not loaded is a serious offence in the Indian Army!

Never fool with a weapon, even in jest!
                              Last edited by Ray; 22 Oct 07,, 08:36.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Bundu Bashing

Originally posted by soutie View Post
                                africa is an extremly cruel continent ,Koevet in namibia used tie captured terrorists to the front of their casspirs and go bundu bashing at the end he was pretty torn up and would talk easily ,
                                Soutie, most units used that technique - was not particularly brutal UNLESS one happened to drive through a patch of "Hak en Steek dorings" (thorn bush)
                                :)

Then the bugger spoke in tongues if required.

And still living here so the fire still burns strongly (especially after winning the IRB World Cup)

Comment

Working...
                                X