Whats the future of ammunition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raptor1992
    there might be mini railgun soldiers can carry. it would be devastating. the gun would give soldiers a lot of range, accuacy and destruction
    Wouldn't the recoil from a railgun be a little to much for your average footsoldier? I figure were near the max velocity for rounds a soldier can fire from an automatic weapon(unless you wana drasticly increase the complexity of the weapons to help compensate for additional recoil). But I see railguns being more used on vehicles and ships.

I think we can already acheive far more lethality with present technoligy but the geneiva conventions limit alot of it, as does overall global public opinion and cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mt1
      They have done much development on it. Dynamit Nobel already started the developing in the seventies together with H&K.
      They didn't do much development on making it cost efficient.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
        Maybe there is no way to make it cost efficient.

Comment

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. By the looks of it, we'll never know.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
            Only about $11,000 per unit.

Comment

I heard HK generally sales their products for much higher prices than nessacary.

Comment

They certainly do charge a bit higher than everyone else, but they also generally make better guns. So it could be true in a way.

Comment

They offered the G41 for more than 10000$. This is a joke if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Mt1
                    They offered the G41 for more than 10000$. This is a joke if it is true.
                    You mean the G11? The one that shoots caseless rounds?

Comment

G41 was supposed to be the support troops 5.56mm companion to the G11. the front line German troops would have G11's well the second line units would get a G41. the G41 was in function a scaled G3. it found no buyers and when the wall fell it and the G11 both found them selves in the trash bin. around 1994 the G36 stepped in and took there places. it was too high Quality for it's own good.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                        You mean the G11? The one that shoots caseless rounds?
                        No, I mean the G41.

Comment

Originally posted by Mt1
                          I heard HK generally sales their products for much higher prices than nessacary.
                          It's because they can. Few gunmakers can match HK for reputation and effectiveness. In my opinion, they make the finest weapons in the world.

Comment

Working...
                          X