Who thinks the glock is ugly??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gun Grape
    You are the first person I have ever heard that admitted to "Limp Wristing" a pistol. And thats not a derogatory slap in your direction.
    Oh I wasnt admitting to DOING it! Never! No way... not me... I was just saying some s******* might do it!

I actually found limpwristing to be much worse of a problem when I was doing bullseye shooting with a 22 pistol. There is almost zero recoil, and if you dont have a rock solid wrist AND forearm, you will jam it on every shot.

Dunno if any of you have done bullseye shooting with 22s - its a blast and a great way to get very accurate, quickly. I moved from there to a 9, and I am more accurate with my 40 than the 9, thanks in part I am sure to the mass of dynamite in the 40 casing!

As for a gun I really like the look of...

Yes please!

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
      Well, I dont know anything about all that. All I know is that for someone who was so totally gung-ho that they enlisted before they were even a senior in high school - someone on the outside looking in would think that person would have actually wanted to enlist.
      Well yeah, you would think so. But from the outside looking in, everything looks different, military or otherwise.
      But I don't how many ex-servicepeople your ex talked to before enlisting.
      They would have given him an earful about the realities of military life.
      There are good points and bad points. The bad points though, can be really shytty if you are not expecting them.
      I don't know what his specific gripes about the Corps are, so it's hard to say

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
      Now back to the guns before dad comes to check in on us.. ;) :)
      Right. Guns. Scion. Check!
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
        I recall a Discovery Channel docu filmed on a carrier.
        There was a deck division sailor cleaning the heads, mopping the floors *****ing and moaning about his lot in life and his job in the Navy.
        He sounded so...bitter, to use that word again.
        But there's a saying "You choose your rate (job) You choose your fate."
        Oh dude I have that documentary... with Chinese subtitles!

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
          Hey is that a CZ-75 in your avatar pic? Sure looks like one.

-dale

Nope, Beretta 92fs my favorite

Comment

everyone state your favorite gun and if possible post a picture. It would be nice to see everyones prefrence.

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat
              Nope, Beretta 92fs my favorite
              Hm. Weird angle. My Beretta 96 doesn't look like it tapers that much.

Anyway, I would list my fave as my Steyr M9, link to pics above.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Lugh
                Hate to look at them, hate to shoot them, hate the company, hate the design, hate the functionality...?

(this is where sniper says "yes")

;)
                Yes. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape
                  And they arn't real picky about being clean. You can leave it in a holster, glove box for months after going to the range without cleaning and it will still work. Probably the best gun as far as tolerances go. Loose enough to function dirty, tight enough to give decent groups.

An ugly gun. But I would take one over a beretta any day. I have a Glock and a HK P7. Wouldn't have a beretta M-9 if you gave it to me.
                  P-7, now THERE'S a fine handgun. The best overall combat self defense pistol in the world IMO. :)

I hate glocks.

BTW, this is what i pack:

One of a kind custom S&W 9mm:

Trijicon nite sights
                  Mag-Na-Porting
                  S&W performance shop match grade bbl
                  extended ambi saftey
                  Converted to single action cocked and locked carry
                  Custom trigger job
                  Lightened and semi-bobbed hammer
                  Hogue monogrips
                  Custom hand fitted slide/frame assy
                  Custom 3 tone polished/satin/matte finish
                  Jeweled chamber hood
                  Capacity 18+1
                  Ammunition of choice: 115gr Cor-Bon 9mm+P+(1370fps, 479fpe)
                  Last edited by Bill; 19 Oct 05,, 22:27.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                    P-7, now THERE'S a fine handgun. The best overall combat self defense pistol in the world IMO. :)

I hate glocks.

BTW, this is what i pack:

One of a kind custom S&W 9mm:

Trijicon nite sights
                    Mag-Na-Porting
                    S&W performance shop match grade bbl
                    extended ambi saftey
                    Converted to single action cocked and locked carry
                    Custom trigger job
                    Lightened and semi-bobbed hammer
                    Hogue monogrips
                    Custom hand fitted slide/frame assy
                    Custom 3 tone polished/satin/matte finish
                    Jeweled chamber hood
                    Capacity 18+1
                    Ammunition of choice: 115gr Cor-Bon 9mm+P+(1370fps, 479fpe)
                    ahhh that IS beautiful i might use that as an avatar with your permission of course

Comment

ahhh that IS beautiful i might use that as an avatar with your permission of course
                      Kinda jumping the fence pretty easily, arent you?
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                        Kinda jumping the fence pretty easily, arent you?

No, no i didnt say i think it looks nicer than a berretta i said it makes i good avatar and looks nice, but not nicer you cant sway me that easily ;)

Comment

No, no i didnt say i think it looks nicer than a berretta i said it makes i good avatar and looks nice, but not nicer you cant sway me that easily ;)
                          Stay true to your chosen peice James. Keep the Beretta avatar

Comment

mmmm, all this gun talk makes me want to go to the range this weekend.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
                              mmmm, all this gun talk makes me want to go to the range this weekend.

-dale
                              If only there was a range by me...
                              Like my name says, I don't belong in Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                                If only there was a range by me...
                                Like my name says, I don't belong in Illinois.
                                If my memory serves me - Aren't you in Cary or that area?

Gat Guns in Dundee has an indoor range.
                                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Working...
                                X