Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, only doing our job sir. :)

Comment

The problem with the Murphy cartoon is that it won't link to as an image to a forum. Here's the site address, the one at paratrooper.net is has the better list.

http://www.pvtmurphy.com/
      http://www.paratrooper.net/aotw/PvtM...asp?fileid=120

Their drawn by SFC Mark Baker, the're all PG.... well maybe PG 13 ;)
      Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

Originally posted by PiggyWiggy
        yup.

my father owns a carabine...<nods head>

The best rifle out there.

he also gots a mauser

i fired it at the range, and my shoulder flew off LOL.

like a cannon compared to guns today.
        I took my mauser out to the range just last week. Yeah, it let's you know when it goes off.

Ammo is expensive for it though. I'm trying to explain to my wife why I need a 22 bolt action so I can practice more. And then I need an M1 Garand, a 1908 Springfield, and a British Enfield to establish my WW 2 collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger
          Claymores lots and lots of claymores....
          Claymore mines are not filled with yummy candy, and it is wrong to tell new soldiers that they are
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
            Claymore mines are not filled with yummy candy, and it is wrong to tell new soldiers that they are
            lol
            Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              LOL, so then i am a combat experienced fool that would take an M-16 over an AK any day of the week. :)

Hitting the target is much more important than all other considerations- even reliability.

Patton wasn't kidding when he said "The M-1 is the greatest implement of battle ever devised", nor was he mistaken.
              IIRC you have misquoted him, he was speaking about the jeep
              Ain't No Rocket Scientists In The Firehall

Comment

Actually he was talking about the M1 Garand:-D

Comment

Most of the people here have valid arguments. The M1 was the finest rifle of WW II, The AK series probably the best system produced post war, at least until the 80's .The greatest rifle series of all time was probably the Lee Enfield series. It was in my opinion without peer from its inception to post WW I and still better then the weapons fielded by its enemys during WW II
                  Ain't No Rocket Scientists In The Firehall

Comment

enfield sniper rifles rox they are still one of the best today in my opinion :sniper
                    two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Comment

The best battle rifle in the world is whatever the squad of U.S. Marines that are coming in to save my sorry A$s are carrying
                      at that moment!

"Within certain broad parameters, it isn't the weapon, but the steely-eyed bastard behind it that carries the day."
                      sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by PiggyWiggy
                        The most used weapon, because it is reliable
                        nooooo.. they are the most used because the soviets made a shitload of them and then had to sell them to all over the world for dirt cheap cause your god damn commie system doesnt work
                        "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

From what I know the magazine or whatever its called in M1 Garand could not be removed until it was fired empty and after the last round the magazine popped up itself. Some people say this was a disadvantage and clearly it is to some point but really, how big of a disadvantage is it? I suppose the Garand is quick to reload with a full magazine by simply pressing the the full one from the top of the weapon although I never fired a Garand before.

Comment

The M-14 is a garand with a detatchable box magazine and a new caliber.

The old garand fired from an 8-rd box clip.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                              "FRONT TOWARD ENEMY" is printed in raised bold face letters on the front of the mine.

Of course, there is still a 40+ meter no safe zone behind the mine when it is detonated...so you don't want to be ANYWHERE near one of those when they go off unless you are in a nice deep hole, lol.
                              Off topic I'm afraid,

In Mooresville NC last week A claymore ( INERT unfortunately teh bomb squad was required to discover that fact) was found in a trashcan after a National Guard member tossed out a training dummy he had aquired
                              The Poor fellow Who found it was quoted as saying " I saw FRONT TOWARD ENEMY and thought ...., huh, This can't be good."
                              Yes..,You have the right To Speak, however I have the right not to listen

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoon
                                Off topic I'm afraid,

In Mooresville NC last week A claymore ( INERT unfortunately teh bomb squad was required to discover that fact) was found in a trashcan after a National Guard member tossed out a training dummy he had aquired
                                The Poor fellow Who found it was quoted as saying " I saw FRONT TOWARD ENEMY and thought ...., huh, This can't be good."
                                ive always wanted to set one of those things off. were they around before vietnam, or developed after? cause to me it seems like something that was korea-inspired.
                                "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

Working...
                                X