Help me decide: H&K USP vs Sig Sauer P226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
    Heh, El Paso reference! You better be packing something bigger than a pistol if you want to run around a tad south of there and survive...
    Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

The two in question might be a bit big, but if you ned to hit something at a longer range the Sig and HK can do it. I know we went through this before but trading a Sig or an HK for a glock is like trading in a super model for Susan Boyle.
    Third it!!!;)

Comment

Ironically, I heard that El Paso was recently named one of the safest cities in the United States. Kinda funny, considering that about as close a thing to anarchy exists in places literally a stone's throw away, and sometimes 7.62x39mm rounds come across the border and actually impact buildings on the American side (once a burst hit City Hall, the other time a UTEP building).
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Red Seven View Post
        The SR25 EM is about 5-grand. For about the same price you can get a Barrett 98Bravo in 338 Lap, the gun I put on my Christmas list and I can hear Santa's derisive laughter all the way from the North Pole.
        Yeah, most of the SR's I've seen run about $5000, + or -, even the Mk 11 Mod 0. I suppose if I wanted to go all the way I'd get an AI L96 in .338 Lap, but I like the semi-auto action on the SR.
        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

The two in question might be a bit big, but if you ned to hit something at a longer range the Sig and HK can do it. I know we went through this before but trading a Sig or an HK for a glock is like trading in a super model for Susan Boyle.
          Depends on the task.If it's for fvckin' you take the model.If it's for cooking while singing you take SB .

If you need to hit something at longer distance you pick a rifle.Pistols are for CQB or self defense,both of which happen in real world at 6-8 meters.I'm actually curious if anyone had real world experiences(that means shooting while being shot at) with pistols at longer ranges.
          Those who know don't speak
          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
            Depends on the task.If it's for fvckin' you take the model.If it's for cooking while singing you take SB .

If you need to hit something at longer distance you pick a rifle.Pistols are for CQB or self defense,both of which happen in real world at 6-8 meters.I'm actually curious if anyone had real world experiences(that means shooting while being shot at) with pistols at longer ranges.
            I have to find the literature but in the dolomites WW2, SIG 210's were sometimes used as the primary weapon as a rifle was too big and bulky for some of the shorter range and full on mountaineering/fighting. Those Sigs could put 5 rounds in a 4 inch target at 100 yards. They are still used in long range shooting competitions. My sig and HK are not quite up to that standard, but they are good enough for me to survive a longer ranged encounter should it happen.

More recently, a few years ago the LA police had a hell of a time with a couple of well armed robbers. A little more long range accuracy with their hand guns would have meant a world of difference. Even today the U.S. armed forces have found their m4's to be lacking in range in Afghanistan. Even rifles can be lacking in some encounters.

The vast majority of human encounters is close to very close range. However, I spend a lot of time in the woods and wide open spaces so longer ranges are a possibility, but I would still rather not have to carry a rifle wherever I go. My concern is more of the cougar/coyote threats. Letting a cougar get with in 30 feet is like giving him the first shot.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
              Ironically, I heard that El Paso was recently named one of the safest cities in the United States. Kinda funny, considering that about as close a thing to anarchy exists in places literally a stone's throw away, and sometimes 7.62x39mm rounds come across the border and actually impact buildings on the American side (once a burst hit City Hall, the other time a UTEP building).
              I do not think they count bullets that originated from the other side. That would mean the would have to admit there is a problem. Those are just tiny lead meteorites that fall from the sky.

Comment

How about a custom AK47 chambered for .480 ruger, that would be interesting. with the 18" long barrel and rugged machinery it would be pretty impressive I think, and since we are talking about expensive weapons - this would be in the same arena.
                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                  How about a custom AK47 chambered for .480 ruger, that would be interesting. with the 18" long barrel and rugged machinery it would be pretty impressive I think, and since we are talking about expensive weapons - this would be in the same arena.
                  Is anyone currently loading .480 Ruger? Perhaps every few or couple years Hornady will load a batch?

Comment

I do not think they count bullets that originated from the other side. That would mean the would have to admit there is a problem. Those are just tiny lead meteorites that fall from the sky.
                    Probably true. I don't feel entirely safe in certain areas in El Paso, and only people with a death wish go to Juarez. I actually knew the UTEP students who were shot and killed a while back in Juarez.
                    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Its a good thing I do not live anywhere near the border. I just have zero tolerance for that kind of shit and I would soon be causing some international incident when ever one of them jumped on my side of the fence looking for trouble. If one of those lead meteorites found their way to my side I have no problems sending a few of my own. I guess I am old fashioned that way. I believe that every American should be able so go anywhere in America and expect to be reasonably safe. If an American goes across the border they do so at their own risk. They know the dangers.

Comment

No doubt I would send some 5.56x45mm rounds their way if my house was near the border and I received some rounds. It's getting ridiculous; yesterday 2 cops were shot in front of a kindergarten, and I'm honestly surprised none of the children were killed for good measure. They're the absolute scum of the earth, and if I had the chance I would kill them without batting an eye.

Comment

Perhaps we should do some "sightseeing".
                          Arizona Under Siege; Americans Banned from 5,500 U.S. National Park Acres Overrun by Dangerous Mexican Drug Cartels & Smugglers of Illegal Aliens: - Illegal immigration - Zimbio

Comment

I can't understand why people here in the US don't see them for what they are: invaders of our homeland. I wish people would wake the fu&% up and realize what's happening. When even federal property is unsafe due to foreign invaders, you know you have a problem.

Comment

Denial is a very big river.

Comment

Thanks for all the great input. Except for the guy who recommended like 8 guns that were not the ones my dad is giving me...

I currently keep a Stoeger Condor 20-ga over/under beside my bed, but that is a bit cumbersome for indoors. Also a gift from my dad, I'm not too bad with it at the skeet range but, but I haven't shot it since September either. Just to give you an idea on how often I'm able to shoot :)

So far based on public opinion I'm leaning toward the Sig, but of course I'll fire both first. Who knows, maybe he'll be generous and give me both :P

Comment

Working...
                                X