bowhunters, need your advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bowhunters, need your advice.

i have a browning coyote cx9a bow, it was given to my by a friend, it is compaund bow, one of the cables has broken loop, sights are most likely off, they are also bent, i have 0 experience with bows, i tried to look up info on it, on browning site, no luck, i called browning, they said that bow was made between 89-91, and no parts available.
    can anyone point me in the right direction, in terms of how to set it up right, where to, or how to fix that cable, i tried looking for this info online, but knowing nothing about bows, i, ve no clue where to start.

i.ll post pics as soon as i get home.

thanks

here are pics.

what do you guys think, is it even worth fixing ? or it is outdated.
    not that i,ll buy another one, i just hated to see good bow (less cable) to go into garbage, i,d keep it for target practice.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by omon; 06 Jan 09,, 01:16.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Take it to a pro shop. You don't have the proper equipment to fix it, namely a bow press. There are hundreds of replacement cams available, each varying in quality and draw length. As each individual person is different, your draw length would be different than your friend. A pro shop should be able to set you up right and give you your options as to costs, etc.

Comment

Opportunity

You could also look on this as an opportunity to step up to a bow without training wheels. ;)

I use a longbow, which is a challenge in the brush, so I have been thinking about getting one of these:

http://horsebows.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GraniteForge View Post
        You could also look on this as an opportunity to step up to a bow without training wheels. ;)

I use a longbow, which is a challenge in the brush, so I have been thinking about getting one of these:

http://horsebows.com/
        Sweet.While I do own a compound GF,I still have my father's 1953 Bear Kodiak Special partial recurve and the Bear Kodiak Magnum full recurve that I bought for myself way back when;).Archery was my dad's favorite sport.We used to make and fletch our own cedar shaft arrows.You always knew when dad was fletching arrows,the smell of burning turkey feathers would be wafting up from the basement.
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Omon,

From what I saw of your pictures of bow and you, you definetely need to bring it to a shop. You don't have a 28 inch draw ... unless you're 13 years old.

BLACK WIDOW recurve hanging on my wall. Have not touched in years, ever since the last snap burn on my arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Omon,

From what I saw of your pictures of bow and you, you definetely need to bring it to a shop. You don't have a 28 inch draw ... unless you're 13 years old.

BLACK WIDOW recurve hanging on my wall. Have not touched in years, ever since the last snap burn on my arm.
            thanks ooe.
            i sure am a bit older than 13, lol.
            i,ll take it to pro shop, hopefully it won,t cost as much as new bow.
            Last edited by omon; 06 Jan 09,, 06:32.
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X