Guns at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns at work

I have discussed some of the various guns at work, and a while back I took a couple of pictures but never posted them. Not the best pix ever, and the wall has changed a bit since then, but this is representative. All of the guns in the first picture were rentals, most of the ones in the second were not in the normal rental rotation at this time, except for the M60 and RPD and sometimes the Krinkov. That Stoner is unfired.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by GraniteForge View Post
    I have discussed some of the various guns at work, and a while back I took a couple of pictures but never posted them. Not the best pix ever, and the wall has changed a bit since then, but this is representative. All of the guns in the first picture were rentals, most of the ones in the second were not in the normal rental rotation at this time, except for the M60 and RPD and sometimes the Krinkov. That Stoner is unfired.
    At the bottom of the first picture it looks like you have two Thompsons there. The one nearest the camera looks like an M-28-A1 with a Cutts and behind it is an M1A1.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
      At the bottom of the first picture it looks like you have two Thompsons there. The one nearest the camera looks like an M-28-A1 with a Cutts and behind it is an M1A1.
      Yes. They are great rentals. Very popular, especially with the Irish.

Comment

Yes. They are great rentals. Very popular, especially with the Irish.
        Oh Lordy! Being one-quarter Irish, no wonder I love them.
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

It's the quality of the weapons that counts not the Photograph.

Please please, next time you are there, take a better camera........

Tony
          Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

I want a wall like that!

Comment

Lordy.......drool.......
              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                I want a wall like that!
                At least I know that I am not alone in my wants

BTW: I certainly hope that the M60 has been modified to semi auto only or Mr. ATF might get angry.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post

BTW: I certainly hope that the M60 has been modified to semi auto only or Mr. ATF might get angry.
                  An M60 modified that way wouldn't be much use. Every gun in the second picture, except the AOW shotgun, is full or selective fire.

What makes you think ATF would have a problem with the M60? And why just the M60 and not other belt-feds?

FYI, ATF has no problems with any of the guns in the pictures, or any of the many others at the range. In fact, ATF pretty much leaves us alone, even though their local office is just a short distance away. We run a very tight ship.
                  Last edited by GraniteForge; 02 Oct 08,, 00:44. Reason: add last graf

Comment

Umm, pretty sure Mr ATF would get angry with just about all of these guns if they werent NFA registered weapons (which I'm sure they are).

Comment

If only I had a fraction of that... :/

I envy you! :))

Comment

Are you hiring?
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Chris,

GF has one of the best jobs on the planet. The class of FFL that he or his co. possesses allows these very weapons. If you desire to shoot these or other original, what they're supposed to be weapons, contact him! If he can't hook you up, I will.;)

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                            Are you hiring?
                            Nope, wish we were. The economy locally is tanking fast, so staff hours are actually being cut.

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                            Chris,

GF has one of the best jobs on the planet. The class of FFL that he or his co. possesses allows these very weapons. If you desire to shoot these or other original, what they're supposed to be weapons, contact him! If he can't hook you up, I will.;)
                            Depending on where you live, anyone can own this stuff. Sure, we have FFLs (07 and 10 right now, I think), but if I could personally afford these guns, I could own them and just keep them at home.

It surely is a good job, but its not easy. You can never just kick back and enjoy the customers, because you have to keep a close eye on everyone, even when every lane is full, the lobby is jammed, and you have a 2-hr waiting list. We max out at about 200 shooters on 10 lanes over a busy Saturday, and that usually also means that a couple of dozen people never got a lane. Sometimes we decide to stay open late to accomodate folks who patiently waited a long time, but never got a lane. Its like a combination retail store and county fair, drawing every kind of person through the doors from celebrities to, possibly, violent wanted criminals, and then you throw loaded guns into the mix. And range maintenance is no picnic; it is dirty, and potentially dangerous. Like I said: good, but not easy.

Comment

I spy a sten gun! Wants one!

Comment

Working...
                              X