• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just became the proud owner of a Walther PPQ M1

Attached Files

Comment

• Whats the score with this then USA ??

Disarmament Deadline Heads Up Gun Owners!! Christian Video Channe - YouTube

Comment

• Arms Trade Treaty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the largest sources of civil opposition to the ATT has come from the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA), which is the lobbying arm of the NRA. In July 2012 ILA stated that:

"Anti-gun treaty proponents continue to mislead the public, claiming the treaty would have no impact on American gun owners. That's a bald-faced lie. For example, the most recent draft treaty includes export/import controls that would require officials in an importing country to collect information on the 'end user' of a firearm, keep the information for 20 years, and provide the information to the country from which the gun was exported. In other words, if you bought a Beretta shotgun, you would be an 'end user' and the U.S. government would have to keep a record of you and notify the Italian government about your purchase. That is gun registration. If the U.S. refuses to implement this data collection on law-abiding American gun owners, other nations might be required to ban the export of firearms to the U.S."[31]

I don't know whats up with the scary woman in the video
        Μολὼν λαβέ
        Hakkaa Päälle

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
          Just became the proud owner of a Walther PPQ M1

[ATTACH]38166[/ATTACH]
          Apparently it eats bullets and farts rainbows. Some online reviewers keep claiming that this is the best thing ever in poly guns. Is it really all it is cracked up to be?
          Your personal exp?
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
            Apparently it eats bullets and farts rainbows. Some online reviewers keep claiming that this is the best thing ever in poly guns. Is it really all it is cracked up to be?
            Your personal exp?
            I have experiences in Walther PK380. It has similar ergonomics. Very soft shooting. Loved it!!! Too bad it's too dangerous for us peons in Kommieland to own one.

I generally don't like plastic guns. Something about them just don't feel quite right....
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Well...my nephew can place 8 shots of 45 within a 1" group ON THE BULLSEYE at 40'....shooting my RIA 1911 Tac...1 handed.

Now I know the problem is not with the gun but with the owner.

He said he's even more accurate with a Sig P220.

Comment

• I think that even tiny guns are far more accurate than the fallible human holding it. Some guys are just unnaturally good at shooting. For example, Jerry Miculek pulled off a 200 yard shot with a snub nose S&W J-Frame while holding it upside down and pulling the trigger with his pinky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwVK_FxGZk

Of course the guy shoots every day for a living, but it is still a good illustration of what is possible if you have the natural ability for it. I used to think I was a pretty good shooter, but after going to a few competitions I am firmly in the middle of the pack. Some of the guys out there are like machines.

Comment

• I certainly agree with that. Most guns are more accurate than most shooters out there. Also, some people are just more accurate with a certain model of gun over another one.

I cannot shoot that 1911. I am much better with a P220 firing the same round.

In fact, I am much more accurate using classic Sigs than any other type of gun out there, outside of 357 mag revolvers in a medium to large frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    Also, some people are just more accurate with a certain model of gun over another one.
                    I think this is one of the most commonly overlooked things when people start talking about what gun to buy and debating about which features are the best.

There are a ton of really good handguns out there that all go bang when you need them to and not before. But so often people get into a tizzy about hammers vs strikers, safeties vs decockers, and polymer vs steel, before they ever bother to find out if the gun even fits their hands!

My buddy got a Glock and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Until I shot it. It functioned perfectly, had impressive technical stats, but felt uncomfortable and awkward in my hands.

I ended up getting a CZ-75D instead, and it is great! It is a little heavier, has one less shot, but fits my particular hands like a glove. I can quickly bring it up and point without ever looking at the sights and put the first round within an inch of where I want it.

Some enterprising entrepreneur needs to create a way to quickly test a wide range of handguns to see which ones you find to be the most comfortable holding and the most accurate at pointing.

Comment

• Here are my results with some of the guns I have:

1911 - poor
                      P220 - average
                      Glock 36 - average

Sig P226 - good
                      Sig P228 - average
                      Sig P225 - average
                      Sig P2009 - average
                      Glock 19 - average
                      Walther P38 - average

Beretta 84BB - good
                      Sig P230 - poor

The Beretta 84BB is probably the softest shooting auto ever. The same 380ACP round from a Sig P230 is rather harsh and uncomfortable. If only 380ACP ammo were cheaper....

Comment

• The 1911, shoots very instinctively for me. The strong thumb resting on an extended safety, the week thumb also pointed down range, below the strong thumb, especially with an arched or even better the old Ed Brown Wedge main spring housing. The damn thing is almost an extension of my pointing finger.
                        I also like the Sigs, but if one transitions the high thumb style of the 1911 to the Sig, the slide will close on an empty magazine due the slide release location on the Sig Sauer.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                          Your personal exp?
                          Yes, the rainbows have been very pretty, and the lead free environmentally friendly hippy compliant bullets it has been eating are putting a hurt on my wallet. It also shot well with Corbon +P self defense loads. The only problem I've heard of is that some people have had problems with Federal HST rounds when they switched their stock recoil spring and guide rod for the DPM recoil managing device. No problems with the stock rod though. I happened to have found 2 boxes of the HSTs on sale and I'm going to put them through the gun next month.

It is jumpier than other 9mms I've shot, but trying to control the recoil for fast double taps has helped me go from a Tofu grip to a Kung Fu grip. :)

PS - my brother, who has never shot any gun before, was putting together good groupings exactly where he aimed within 50 rounds. The biggest problem with new shooters, in my experience, is that they jerk the trigger and pull down on the gun, but this gun's trigger was so smooth and the break so crisp he had no problem with that what so ever.

I've now swapped out the stock sights with Trijicon HDs and equipped it with rail mounted light, which helps actually control the recoil.
                          Last edited by citanon; 14 Nov 14,, 05:19.

Comment

I have experiences in Walther PK380. It has similar ergonomics. Very soft shooting. Loved it!!! Too bad it's too dangerous for us peons in Kommieland to own one.

I generally don't like plastic guns. Something about them just don't feel quite right....
                            You have until Dec 15 to have your friendly local FFL legalize most handguns not approved for sale in Cali. I had that done for the PPQ. It added ~$70 to the price.

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                              You have until Dec 15 to have your friendly local FFL legalize most handguns not approved for sale in Cali. I had that done for the PPQ. It added ~$70 to the price.
                              Nah...I have *gasp* enough guns. I really don't need more.

Do I want more? Sure. But nothing really gnaws at my interest at night when the light's out and I'm counting guns before drifting off to sleep.

I'd rather stockpile more ammo and shoot the heck out of my Sigs to get semi-decent at them.

Comment

Nah...I have *gasp* enough guns. I really don't need more.

Do I want more? Sure. But nothing really gnaws at my interest at night when the light's out and I'm counting guns before drifting off to sleep.

I'd rather stockpile more ammo and shoot the heck out of my Sigs to get semi-decent at them.
                                But sir, there is no 10mm in your collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X