This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    This is a rifle for a woman. Blends right in with the kitchen...
    The Wonder Bread gun. ;)
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Did you get your SU16 yet? How do you like it? I handled one in a store and it felt plasticky... Very handy, but plasticky...
      I haven't been able to go out and shoot it yet. It does feel weird, but I think the lightness of the rifle is a good thing.
      I've already mounted a scope on it.
      I'll probably get out and shoot it in a couple weeks.
      Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1idvet View Post
        I haven't been able to go out and shoot it yet. It does feel weird, but I think the lightness of the rifle is a good thing.
        I've already mounted a scope on it.
        I'll probably get out and shoot it in a couple weeks.
        Looking forward to it.
        We expect a detailed report after your trip. :)
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• I own 4 guns. 3 are hand guns that shoot out rubber darts, and the 4th one is a shotgun type that shoots out a big foam dart. Bought em from Walmart. Seriously.

Comment

We expect a detailed report after your trip. :)
            Yes please.Action photos are always well recieved as well;) .
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Prior to handing them back to the MOD I had a 105mm 120mm .30mm.50mm 7.62mm 9mm and a £trillion worth of ammo. After 23yrs from Trooper to Commander I must say it was... "fun":))

Comment

• Here I am surrounded by military professionals ... One guy admits to thinking about owning a gun that shoots real bullets, one guy says he collects dart guns ... "Oh what grave days these are, when passing roughians may say Nicht to old women at will" !!! (Rojer the shrubber)
                Any where else some one might take all of us seriously ... so much more would be the pitty eh?

Gunnut won't buy it ...He wants another nice Garand ... dont you? ...
                Last edited by 1 Observer; 01 Feb 08,, 00:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1 Observer View Post
                  Here I am surrounded by military professionals ... One guy admits to thinking about owning a gun that shoots real bullets, one guy says he collects dart guns ... "Oh what grave days these are, when passing roughians may say Nicht to old women at will" !!! (Rojer the shrubber)
                  Any where else some one might take all of us seriously ... so much more would be the pitty eh?

Another Garand would definitely be nice. Unfortunately I can't find one at a reasonable price any more. My friend who tried my Garand loved it so much he wanted to buy one. But the cheapest ones he could find were around $500 and in only fair condition. The armory and select grade would run at$700 to well over $1000 and they were out also.

My Garand looked completely beat up when I bought it. I was told it had a new barrel, new receiver, and new gas tube along with GI parts. So it was essentially rebuilt. I couldn't complain for $500 (that was a few years ago). Who knew it could turn out to be a very accurate shooter piece? I bought new stocks for it and now it looks brand new. :)

Comment

Another Garand would definitely be nice. Unfortunately I can't find one at a reasonable price any more. ...I couldn't complain for $500 (that was a few years ago). Who knew it could turn out to be a very accurate shooter piece? I bought new stocks for it and now it looks brand new. :)

It's lucky bums like you, that make me sick ... I got waay more than ... way too damed much, wraped up in an old A3-03 (bull rifle) to even think of trying to ... A Garand is definitley NOT in the cards (for me)

Comment

• for 500 bucks? THAT would be a deal!
                      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• If you buy a Garrand now are they antique rifles or where they making them for a long time?

I ask because when I go home to Canada I'm getting one!
                        Originally posted by GVChamp
                        College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1 Observer View Post
                          Here I am surrounded by military professionals ... One guy admits to thinking about owning a gun that shoots real bullets, one guy says he collects dart guns ... "Oh what grave days these are, when passing roughians may say Nicht to old women at will" !!! (Rojer the shrubber)

Dare to stand infront of my RUBBER darts while I target practise? ;)
                          Last edited by Mobbme; 01 Feb 08,, 09:19.

Comment

• When I was a boy I wanted EVERYTHING. But I did not get EVERYTHING. On birthdays I would receive NOTHING, unless I begged my old lady to buy me some clothing. My mother was/is a sweetheart, its the oldman that says NO to everything. We weren't poor or anything, that was just his tough love I guess. So now grown up, I'd remember what I used to ask for and actually go out and purchase them myself: Train set, fake pistols, dart set, GOOD roller blades, etc you get the point. I don't go around shooting my fake Rubber darts, I was just saying I have them.

I guess its a matter of age difference. Young children would rather own fake guns and shoot them around, while us 25+ year olds would rather own real guns and target practise as a hobby.
                            Last edited by Mobbme; 01 Feb 08,, 09:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by Expat Canuck View Post
                              If you buy a Garrand now are they antique rifles or where they making them for a long time?

I ask because when I go home to Canada I'm getting one!
                              They haven't been produced for a long time. Just replacement parts are new. The Garands now are all old. Some older and more beat up than others. There are a few channels these Garands can show up on the American market.

One is re-imports. Garands phased out by foreign users are bought at whole sale prices and brought back. These are usually VERY beat up. Most allied nations are not very good at storing stuff because they don't have as much resources as we do.

The second is arsenal releases. There's a civilian marksman program that you can join, pay some money, qualify with the rifle, and then you have the right to buy a Garand released by the federal arsenal. These are usually in much better condition than re-imports for obvious reasons. We haven't been using Garands for 50 years and they all sat in big warehouses.

Not sure if you can get this program in Canada:

CMP Home

Comment

• Here's my refurbished Garand. You don't want to see what the original stock looked like. It looks like something that should be found on a rifle that has seen 50 years of combat.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by gunnut; 01 Feb 08,, 10:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X