Wasr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasr

What do you guys think about the Romanian WASR. Looking for an inexpensive fun gun.. well that is saving my nickels n' dimes for one.
    My RIGHT as an American to PWN!!

I own one myself. I love it. It has all the classic attributes of the AK rifle. It is so very easy to use and to maintain. There are no real bells and whistles that come with it, though there is a rail on the site on which to mount your scope mount. I found that my WASR is decently accurate. It is not a sub MOA rifle but I could hit a doorknob from 50 yards with it. Recoil is light as would be expected. Just remember if you use Wolf ammo (which produces reallllly cheap 7.62x39mm ammo) clean immediatly after use. That ammo is filthy. Yes, the AK will operate while it is in a nasty state of affairs, but you probably wont be in combat so take care of your investment. Besides, it takes seconds to feild strip and put back together so there is no reason at all to clean it. Accessories that came with my WASR was a leather sling, bayonet, oil can, 2 20rnd mags, 2 30rdn mags, a mag pouch, and a cleaning kit that fits into the butt of the rifle. I purchased mine brand new and was still coated in a butt load of grease so be ready to be cleaning for a while. I got mine for less than 500. So save those pennies and have fun. :)

P.S. I should mention you should check your state laws on owning such a firearm. The great state of Connecticut has banned 7.62mm versions of the AK action as well as Colt made AR15 actions. Just to let you know how much sense these laws make, other AR15 actions are legal an AK74 type rifles are also very legal. Yeah, politicians at work. I tell you this just so you know that laws concerning these "assault weapons" usually dont make any sense at all.
    Last edited by maximusslade; 06 May 08,, 07:31.
    Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often...

Comment

Thanks for all the help! I'm pretty sure im goin to end up getting a WASR.
      My RIGHT as an American to PWN!!

Comment

Originally posted by m1tch311 View Post
        What do you guys think about the Romanian WASR. Looking for an inexpensive fun gun.. well that is saving my nickels n' dimes for one.
        FYI, Century (the importer) can't get any more parts kits or barrels, at least for now, and they are running out of WASRs. So if you want one at today's price, buy it today.

Comment

Here is mine....

Comment

Originally posted by m1tch311 View Post
            Let me point out here - in case you don't know - that most new AKs you see for sale, including those "Romanian WASRs," are actually American-made rifles built out of parts kits. The kits come from Romarms, or Zastava, or wherever, and are assembled onto (usually) fairly cheap American-made receivers. Imports of "real" AKs (semi- or full-auto) have been banned for many years.

The "Romanian" WASRs you have been looking at were probably built in northern Vermont by day workers from Quebec.

Comment

Originally posted by maximusslade View Post
              P.S. I should mention you should check your state laws on owning such a firearm. The great state of Connecticut has banned 7.62mm versions of the AK action as well as Colt made AR15 actions. Just to let you know how much sense these laws make, other AR15 actions are legal an AK74 type rifles are also very legal. Yeah, politicians at work. I tell you this just so you know that laws concerning these "assault weapons" usually dont make any sense at all.
              Connecticut's gun laws set a new standard for nonsense.

Selective fire? Illegal. Full-auto only? Sure, bring it in. So people wind up buying guns with selector switches, then must have them converted to full-auto-only to make them legal.

Comment

Originally posted by GraniteForge View Post
                Let me point out here - in case you don't know - that most new AKs you see for sale, including those "Romanian WASRs," are actually American-made rifles built out of parts kits. The kits come from Romarms, or Zastava, or wherever, and are assembled onto (usually) fairly cheap American-made receivers. Imports of "real" AKs (semi- or full-auto) have been banned for many years.

The "Romanian" WASRs you have been looking at were probably built in northern Vermont by day workers from Quebec.
                That doesn't mean the WASR is a poor rifle. It just isn't the highest quality. An analogy could be a Kimber M1911 compared to a Llama. In my experience with the WASR; it is resonably accurate, it is easy to clean, it has taken all the abuse I have given to it, and it didn't break my piggy bank to buy.

Comment

Working...
                X