• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigross86
    Well, yeah, but -10F is nowhere near -30C
    -10F = -20C

found a converter http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

Comment

-30C=-22F 12 degress is a big difference, espesially in Sub-zerp tempertures
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

There are cold weather batteries too. Ever start a car in -22F?

LOL.

Oh, duh...three other things i forgot to mention that use batteries.

The GLID, GPS recievers and the Radio.

Comment

You mean the radio isn't connected to a massive extention cord?
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
            There are cold weather batteries too. Ever start a car in -22F?
            LOL.
            There is obvious differences between car (acid) and lithium batteries. Most of the current small batteries doesnt work in -20C.

And those that work in -30C and lower - does not live long in elevated temperatures. Of course reseach in that field is advancing, but there is no useful results yet.

Comment

So it's sort of a Catch-22?

Comment

Lurker, i'm curious is you've seen the new rechargable type batteries.

They're called Ni-X(not too sure).

They work great in the cold, and the US Army had em for a decade before you could actually buy them. The newest generation of cell phones comes with them now.

BTW, alkaline based batteries are acid based.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  Lurker, i'm curious is you've seen the new rechargable type batteries.

They're called Ni-X(not too sure).

They work great in the cold, and the US Army had em for a decade before you could actually buy them. The newest generation of cell phones comes with them now.

BTW, alkaline based batteries are acid based.
                  There is NASA paper about the low-temp batteries, in the very beginning it says that US ARmy and Airforce are still developing those.
                  Means there is much left to work on.

http://extenv.jpl.nasa.gov/presentations/Low_Temperature_Lithium_Batteries.pdf

Comment

No, that's the next generation of batteries that NASA is working on.

Let me put it this way. When i was at Arctic warfare school(1989), all our NVG's worked fine. That's way the hell up in alaska bro.

Whatever battery the Army is using never gave me any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                      Originally posted by bigross86
                      Why are people outside waiting for buses at -30 C? It's unnatural! It's inhumane! It's so damn cold!!!
                      Welcome to the winter :D , here it can be 10 degrees outside
                      Eastern Freaks...

Comment

It rains here, snows once in a blue moon in Jerusalem. Temp's never get anywhere near 0C

Comment

Comment

Yeah buddy, makes a great deer gun. Kills it, skins it, and cooks it all with one round!!!! Personally, I think every cop should be issued one!!!! Heck I might even join up if they ever did that!

:S :ph34r
                            Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
                            (Been There)

Comment

You think the IDF will ever get any?

Comment

The thing is just too damned heavy and expensive to be practical for wide-spread issue. Maybe to special forces, but that's it.
                                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
                                X